Low Altitude Bombers

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kvaitt #1 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

Airman Basic

• 11206 battles
  • [GWDYS] GWDYS

Dear Wargaming?

Are u willing to do smth about abusing with bombers while bombing on low altitude?

I could already put out list of several players grinding their winrate using this "bug".

There are even manuals about how to do it on youtube. Tried it myself too: Captured Factory in 1 fly-over, Command center, Rocket or Star in 1 fly-over. Only aifield takes more as there is a lot of small targets. I'm not doing it though, because it feels very much like cheating.

This rly bends the game to the worse. Is it that difficult not allowing to drop bombs below certain altitude? IS IT?!

RoyalFlyingCorps #2 Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17682 battles
It may be news to you that, as purchasers of the RB-17 two or three years ago were aggrieved to find when their expensive premium plane was nerfed, the WoWP team has already "fixed" low-level bombing once.  Then they brought in the Su-10 and re-introduced the problem, only worse this time.  However, as game-wrecking as this is at higher tiers, I estimate there is zero chance of the problem being addressed.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 17 September 2020 - 09:29 AM.

kvaitt #3 Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:29 PM

Airman Basic

• 11206 battles
  • [GWDYS] GWDYS
Yeah, I came up with this topic like 3 years ago. WG doesn't seem to get a damn about balancing this game. No wonder, that there is so little players here. Balanced game is the most important thing in most games. No idea why they are ignoring it.

GonerNL #4 Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12988 battles

View Postkvaitt, on 17 September 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

No idea why they are ignoring it.

You want them to fix matchmaking ?

While they can not even fix simple bugs that we have been reporting for years ...

atlasapl #5 Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3525 battles
One of the reasons I stopped playing tier 8 to 10 was this. To be clear, it was not the only reason. But it was a major gripe no doubt about it.

I have said it before, its easy to fix. Have a minimum altitude for bombers. Below that, they can't drop bombs. No need to nerf them to high hell and back. Ok rear gunners DPM needs looking at as well but that is a topic for a different thread and not this one.

GonerNL #6 Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12988 battles

View Postatlasapl, on 17 September 2020 - 11:13 PM, said:

Have a minimum altitude for bombers. 

There should be an exception for bombers like Pe-2's, they are dive bombers and should be able to bomb from relatively low alt.

Ziptop #7 Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7851 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

I've seen a lot of folks trying this at low to mid tiers also. 

It's quite funny because it doesn't work so well down there. 

GonerNL #8 Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12988 battles

Not for all bombers. But on the CIS server I see loads of RB-17's low level bombing and it's bloody effective !!

And dive bombing is a different story ; you need the aiming circle and that only appears on the Pe-2 and Tu-2 (afaik).

levlos #9 Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7030 battles

Hey Guys,

You should really try dive-bombing at tier IV with the soviet Ar-2. You can take a base in one pass at this tier if you aim well ! (nerf the bombers, hehe). I was pretty surprised at how easy it is to get a doolittle medal at tier IV in that thing. As much as I find level bombing rather boring -the soviet dive-bombers are a thing from heaven. You can shoot down enemy heavy fighters, climb up at full boost vertically from sea level and still be able to gut an enemy B-17 without it realizing whats' happening.

And at tier VIII, you have three 20mm guns for your rear defense. That's about 360 damage per second, with the classical 65% chances of critical hits for every gun. Naughty. Most of all, its not boring at all, you are mostly at 1500-0 meters, in the thick of the fight, firing at everyone while you reload. Capturing less than 5 bases in a game is almost impossible in the Petlyakovs or Tupolevs.

Do try the tier IV for plain fun, though :)

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users