Crown Defenders

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

andrew3142 #21 Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:10 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10569 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 01 October 2020 - 08:57 AM, said:

The Boomerang looks significantly stronger than the German fighter, at least on paper. The Boomerang has machine guns AND two 20mm cannons, just way more dps overall, a significantly more "tank" hp pool while the agility and turn don't really seem all that different... in other words the German HE 100 just looks straight up a weak T5 fighter. However on paper and how it actually plays can be much different. Still, if I had to grind one, it would be the Boomerang.  

I struggle to make the HE 100 work - it has great speed and good altitude performance but takes forever to kill anything (especially the stuff you find at high altitude) - Zoom and Nibble style of play?

There are people here who will you it’s great but I think it has a high skill cap that is higher than my skill!

TungstenHitman #22 Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2254 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postandrew3142, on 01 October 2020 - 10:10 AM, said:

I struggle to make the HE 100 work - it has great speed and good altitude performance but takes forever to kill anything (especially the stuff you find at high altitude) - Zoom and Nibble style of play?

There are people here who will you it’s great but I think it has a high skill cap that is higher than my skill!

They can tell me it's great, and even though I have not played it, I would disagree. Looking at it's stats it just hasn't anything even a skilled player can exploit to make all of it's drawbacks acceptable or fun. A high skill aircraft or tank or ship is only acceptable and fun if it's really strong at one thing which makes all the bad things forgivable but this German fighter is just not looking good at doing anything. It can't turn fight so it can't fight at low alt, it isn't fast enough to compensate for it's lack of turn and it doesn't have amazing roll either. It has probably the worst dps of any T5 aircraft I've seen so it can't BnZ or play some energy fighter style not that it's fast enough for that anyway plus it has one of the worst health pools at 170 so even though it can fly high it really doesn't have the health or dps to effectively target bombers. Sure it might win a fight against one bomber(most likely wouldn't) but it's going to be wrecked and in no condition to fight anything else. Just a turn really, can't see it any other way. 

My guess would be that the WoWP devs or staff sat around briefly, saw that the Spitfire Vb was too good to give away for free(just compare the Spit to the He 100 and the Boomerang) with a marathon so changed their minds and offered 6 inferior aircraft to play for. 

The Boomerang looks decent to be fair, it's still a really nice marathon and overall it's just nice to have something to go at in this game outside of the usual copyNpaste stuff 

Gelbhanz #23 Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:39 PM

Airman Basic

• 1384 battles
:teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy:

Grison_SE #24 Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5247 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
The He100D-1 is a bit weird, T6 performance in speed and altitude, respectable manouverability combined with T3 machine guns and japanese T3 survivability. Great for the daily missions with assists reqirements. Don't expect to carry a battle though.
Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban #25 Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9274 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

wow that's 18 games a day at 10k  per game

almost 4 and 1/2 hrs play time per day 

have i got time to work ??

so if we all play  do we gat a new server to cope  with the volume of human players 

:)) good luck guys us mr avarage joe   might not get  all aircraft 

can we get an update to go with it :) 

ps  i have all but one aircraft   so great  work in bringing back the boredom  

Edited by Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban, 01 October 2020 - 09:05 PM.

clovisbxl #26 Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:46 PM

Senior Airman

• 5265 battles
  • [FDC] FDC

View PostWoolfie_aka_paca_chatban, on 01 October 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

so if we all play  do we gat a new server to cope  with the volume of human players 

Yes, only if you want to get them all. The good point is that you can make a part of this marathon only and try to reach only one or the 6 planes (or compensations).

Imagine 5M PP to win only one Tier 8 like in WOT? (honestly, it would be 10M in 10 days like in WOT...) 

Edited by clovisbxl, 01 October 2020 - 09:56 PM.

Ziptop #27 Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7918 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View PostWoolfie_aka_paca_chatban, on 01 October 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

Yup. It is a lot of battles. Locked to a specific nation,  And that's even assuming you average 10k per game rather than 8k for example. 

@Blindfold, would Wargaming consider extending this to some time in November? This is a bit much for those of us that have full time jobs.

Renwor #28 Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2813 battles

Thats interesting offer. No way how I could do all of it, but, I suspect we are not supposed to.

Please note that all brits are available in premium shop, germans are not.

I do not have Ju89, so thats first target for me. If some time remains, then I go for brits (compensation) because it's much easier and more fun for me (I got ALL the brits). I may even use Fantome, to grind for Fantome. 

Thumbs up for SOMETHING happening.

TungstenHitman #29 Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2254 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

You shouldn't stress about it or even care too much. It's nice to have this event there to go at BUT, take a look at the aircraft on offer and decide which ones you really want, if any, then focus on that instead of trying to get all of them. Of those available to purchase, you can probably bag the lot for around €10 so you know, don't get all worked up about it, it ain't worth it.

Personally I can trim the marathon down a little bit since I don't really care much for the German T5 fighter so that's -1 million off the top right there. I don't have any bombers or attack aircraft so I guess there's something for me to go at there. The German T3 bomber will probably be handy for some ground target missions while the T4 attack aircraft will probably be useful for some Vampire missions, that will do me from the German offering assuming I amass that 1.5 mil figure.

From the British line up I was informed the Wirraway is supposed to be a fun little slugger so I guess I wouldn't mind that. Not interested the Fantome much but I would like the Boomerang so I would still get the Fantome anyway... they're all useful for soaking up first win crew xp if nothing else, just some will be maybe a bit less fun to play than others. Either way, all good but I'm not breaking my back to get them either lol. What ever I get I get. 

houghtonbee #30 Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:08 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6882 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostRenwor, on 02 October 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

Thats interesting offer. No way how I could do all of it, but, I suspect we are not supposed to.

Please note that all brits are available in premium shop, germans are not.

I do not have Ju89, so thats first target for me. If some time remains, then I go for brits (compensation) because it's much easier and more fun for me (I got ALL the brits). I may even use Fantome, to grind for Fantome. 

Thumbs up for SOMETHING happening.

You'd be better sticking with the german side, higher gold compo per plane and only a jump of 500k pp to the next one after getting the Ju86 rather than 1m pp to get the first Brit compo package.

jakub_czyli_ja #31 Posted 04 October 2020 - 11:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6584 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Nazis have better PP printers - tier IX and X bombers, I've seen also pretty efficient GAA, unfortunately only tier X - tier IX seems to be too slow. Good handicap for ones owning all tree planes.

UK PP printers are more challenging to determine, for sure not top tiers, middle are often countered by +1 MM.

Looking at rewards - as mentioned above - when already owned, Nazi give more gold.

Comparing stage by stage: Ju 86 seems better than Wirraway (crew training for bombers).

Tier IV planes - I don't know as I don't have Fantome (that's the goal). Hs GAA is MEH, nothing special - bit manuverable, so not so free frag, but still lacking rear gunner.

Boomerang (as - crippled Spitfire) is much more useful than He 100, starting from crew training during events with bonuses.

Since Boomerang often falls of weekly crates, so it would be more interesting to have for example Miles as a reward - probably more people would be interested.

Marcellus_Hungaricus #32 Posted 04 October 2020 - 03:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 9103 battles
  • [MOPP] MOPP

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 04 October 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

UK PP printers are more challenging to determine, for sure not top tiers, middle are often countered by +1 MM.

Hunter is a beast, playing it is like 3 games for the price of one.

"Never give up, never surrender."

jakub_czyli_ja #33 Posted 04 October 2020 - 04:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6584 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostMarcellus_Hungaricus, on 04 October 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

Hunter is a beast, playing it is like 3 games for the price of one.

And how much PP per battle does Hunter bring for you? On average.

From the last event I don't consider it a PP printer.

Marcellus_Hungaricus #34 Posted 04 October 2020 - 04:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 9103 battles
  • [MOPP] MOPP

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 04 October 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

And how much PP per battle does Hunter bring for you? On average.

From the last event I don't consider it a PP printer.

Around 12 k PP. If you have a certain EF-131 player on your side, then it's obviously lower because matches are quick :sceptic:. But than I jump back to the Hornet and Warpig, and they're really-really good in their respective tiers :)

Edited by Marcellus_Hungaricus, 04 October 2020 - 04:54 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #35 Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6584 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Hmm, looks like indeed Hunter, despite being a hard to fly plane, is a decent PP generator.

I took it for 10 battles, on average battle lasted 431 seconds, and it brought, not counting 1k PP for participation, 20.9 PP per second.

I compared it with Hurricane II, got a bad MM streak (+1MM, bigger maps), which gave me battles lasting on average 491 seconds (a minute longer each), and 17.9 PP per second. I'm gonna fiddle with Hurri a bit more, to see whether MM placing it on top and on small maps makes the output better enough to top Hunter', and if not, looks like it will be grinding time on Hunter. At least maybe I manage to specialize it.

Marcellus_Hungaricus #36 Posted 05 October 2020 - 07:53 AM

Senior Airman

• 9103 battles
  • [MOPP] MOPP
To be honest, weekend afternoons/evenings aren't the best time to hop into battle at tier 10, because matches are swarming with 1101s and human bombers, whom against the Hunter for example isn't the best counter...

Cpt_Frankenstein #37 Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:07 AM

Airman Basic

• 7293 battles
  • [CPT_F] CPT_F

my first premium plane is in the hangar

Now that the first step is made, the other planes comes next.

zgubny #38 Posted 05 October 2020 - 02:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14126 battles
  • [_UN_] _UN_

View PostCommunity, on 30 September 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

Full news text

UPD: Please mind that the discounts should affect the amount of gold compensation for the planes in these missions. Gold compensation usually coincides with the current price of a plane.

it is not mentionned in the full news text that the discounts should affect the amount of Gold compensation for the planes ...

Adding a condition once the promotion is advertised is simply not eligible .

but it's just my opinion ...

Edited by zgubny, 05 October 2020 - 02:16 PM.

zgubny #39 Posted 05 October 2020 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14126 battles
  • [_UN_] _UN_

You simply managed one more time to mislead people with your mistakes and it has become a recurring habit .

Best regards ...

Kissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen #40 Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:11 AM

Senior Airman

• 987 battles
  • [LLV24] LLV24

For the missions performance and if you already have aircraft on your account, you will be compensated with the following amount of gold:

• 1,580zoloto_01.pngfor the CAC CA-12 Boomerang
  • 1,050zoloto_01.pngfor the Fairey Fantome
  • 875zoloto_01.pngfor the CAC CA-1 Wirraway

I received only 700 gold for Wirray, why?

Edited by Kissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen, 09 October 2020 - 09:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users