March of Nations

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #21 Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2254 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I'm gonna go with it, thanks for the help. Should pick off some ground target missions too, especially the T4+ requirement ones like for the Vampire instead of just throwing tokens at it. The only little snag was that because it's a tech tree purchase I needed a free garage slot or else purchase one but as it happened I was just about done testing the specialized He 112 light fighter and concluded that overall the Bf 109 B was more my kinda style(plus a 109!!) so it got the boot to make way for this iconic bomber.

Plenty of configurations and skills to play around with, interesting. To think I had never played bombers before and was on the brink of knee-jerk selling that Ju marathon reward yesterday. So glad I gave it a try now. Don't get me wrong I don't see myself playing bombers all the time and will still be mostly about LF's and HF's but, it's nice option for just chilling and when I'm too tired or a bit bored of playing the usual suspects. Now if I can just get my head around those damned ground attack aircraft!

TungstenHitman #22 Posted Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2254 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Gotta say I've been really enjoying this event offering. The marathon is nice to have as a side mission if a player is currently at home without much to do during some covid-19 lockdown but personally I've found myself following this March of Nations more. It's given me much more of a chance to focus on each nation that I otherwise would not have, I've been bagging those credit boosters for winning 5 battles each day while using one of them during those missions.

So what's happened is I've been building up some credits, purchasing heavily discounted aircraft I never had before but felt like trying like the U.S. Corsair(which I found lacking and have since sold lol), the Spitfire 1(What an OP T5 fighter in all honesty! can only imagine the specialized offering with a decently trained pilot) while also repurchasing heavily discounted aircraft I either rage sold or found meh or just rush-grinded and lacked space to keep them at the time.

One such repurchase was the T5 Lightning. Rage sold it at the time, hated it and very reluctantly repurchased it after it was clear there wasn't really anything much stronger looking at T5 and T6 in the U.S. lineup but I'm really very glad I did and now I actually think it's really very strong and fun to play. Turns out I just needed to adjust to the playstyle and get used to the 37mm I once hated. As it happened I'd actually become used to that 37mm from playing similar guns on the likes of the Airacobra and so when I repurchased the Lightning it was really easy to play straight away tbh, I already undestood the kind of lead and range I needed to put on it and the line of attack needed in advance of approaching the target to make that work as soon as I got to within range. It's still a bit troll obviously and I'd really like a tracer on there but... ya it's pretty good tbh.

Another repurchase with some real potential is the T5 Hurricane 2. I didn't like that first time I played and I've only had a couple of battles since the repurchase but it actually seems really nice and strong tbh. Ok, it ain't turning and dancing like a Spitfire lol, but it does have some rangey and very destructive cannons(that overheat quickly as expected) but just a quick spray and generally that targets melted anyway so it doesn't need some glued down left mouse button. It also has 4 nice fast reloading rockets for a bit of goofing about and I think I might actually use rocket accuracy skills on my pilot just for a totally different and fun playsyle build. It ain't close on being specialized yet and the pilot the noob pilot only has one skill thus far(same as the Spit!) BUT, there's a lot of potential in it and I'll get there eventually.

Overall, really nice event.:great:

Kane591 #23 Posted Yesterday, 11:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 866 battles
  • [1EF] 1EF

Hi !

I hope you are all fine since my last visit.

We want the 1.9 get back is it possible? Or maybe update 2.X REALLY....

And if 1.9 is back, i say: CW is back too :)

See ya !

Edited by Kane591, Yesterday, 11:44 PM.

zen_monk_ #24 Posted Today, 12:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10419 battles
  • [__] __

View PostKane591, on 28 October 2020 - 12:44 AM, said:

Hi !

We want the 1.9 get back is it possible? Or maybe update 2.X REALLY....

OK, now in all seriousness, do you think there's even the tiniest possibility for it?

Be serious, think hard. :) Your answer will clearly show your cognitive abilities.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

raketak_ #25 Posted Today, 05:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10577 battles

There was clan wars in 1.9 ? How CW works on WOWp?

Maybe we will have them in 3.0 :)

Marcellus_Hungaricus #26 Posted Today, 04:02 PM

Senior Airman

• 9103 battles
  • [MOPP] MOPP

Hi!

The discounts on British aircraft prizes doesn't seem to work! I've cleared my cache data, still can't see the discounts on the regular aircrafts!

"Never give up, never surrender."

Vladinir_Shotitov #27 Posted Today, 04:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6911 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Hi Marcellus - already covered yesterday in this thread:

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/53857-discounts-malfunctioning-this-morning/page__pid__611697#entry611697

...but in brief, search the forum for wowp_cache.bat, then download it.  Run it before you start the game and it should clear the problem.  As apartclassic said in the linked thread, the discounts don't show but apparently still apply if you make the purchase.

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

Marcellus_Hungaricus #28 Posted Today, 04:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 9103 battles
  • [MOPP] MOPP

View PostVladinir_Shotitov, on 28 October 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Hi Marcellus - already covered yesterday in this thread:

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/53857-discounts-malfunctioning-this-morning/page__pid__611697#entry611697

...but in brief, search the forum for wowp_cache.bat, then download it.  Run it before you start the game and it should clear the problem.  As apartclassic said in the linked thread, the discounts don't show but apparently still apply if you make the purchase.

OK, thanks

"Never give up, never surrender."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users