The things that keep me coming back...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 09 October 2020 - 05:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7918 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

The thing that keeps me coming back to World of Warplanes? 

Having participated in the Beta I guess there is a certain nostalgia. 

The game itself. For all it's faults World of Warplanes has at its core a fun little, fast paced sim-cade shooter in the sky. When it works, it does work really quite nicely, completely with sense of achievement and satisfaction.

I play other flight and sim type games, and as much fun as realistic flight models and complex engine management can be it's nice to leave much of that behind and just have an insta-shoot-fest. 

But more than that. It's the community. 

It may be small, and there may be the odd bad apple here and there but on the whole the community flying on the servers and those who post in the forum's and on discord are a nice bunch. 

And that's something that does need a mention from time to time. 

Online gaming regardless of genre can be quite toxic. I can get a little salty myself from time to time (and there may be shouty outbursts at the screen when the bots do their bot things.) but on the whole the Warplanes server population seems relatively calm and we'll behaved. 

And it's nice when somebody says "hi" or ""nicely done" 

So give yourselves a big slap on the back because more than anything else it's you lads and ladies that actually make me reach for the "let's play warplanes" button on my desktop. 

(I've not been online at all this week really. But it's not you. It's me. I've been stuck in a hotel with rubbish WiFi on quite a demanding project....but I've thought about you all. ;-) )

Have a nice weekend and stay safe out there wherever you may be.

WilhelmII #2 Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5343 battles
  • [AT2] AT2
Great Post Ziptop and R.F C. I agree completely with you both, everything written is spot on target. I to have my gripes from time to time but for my sins I just love WoWP. to everyone "Keep the Faith"

hardy9z9 #3 Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8903 battles
  • [JG-GA] JG-GA

I share the same fateful love for WoWp. I have tried space shooters and aircraft simulations. Again and again I had to realize that I am just not willing to learn here anymore. In the meantime I am a multiple grandpa and have already passed the age of 60.
When WoWp is gone, I will probably learn knitting or painting in my spare time or go for a walk and pick flowers... :hiding:

Edit:

S.h.i.t - in winter no more flowers grow outside ...

Edited by hardy9z9, 09 October 2020 - 03:06 PM.

GonerNL #4 Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13108 battles

View Posthardy9z9, on 09 October 2020 - 03:44 PM, said:

have already passed the age of 60.

I'm retiring next year ... so I hope Wowp sticks around for some time. 

Ah well, STALKER 2 is announced for 2021.

bombuhr #5 Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4290 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Nice post! Thanks for sharing.

Shiafa #6 Posted 09 October 2020 - 08:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1239 battles
  • [JG26] JG26
nice post ... long time since our last encounter, but im still here - must be something similiar :playing:
Quack!

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4836 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
I do, like Zip, like the players ingame(with only just one or two that have no manners). It's a more relaxed atmosphere....but the materials 'gamble' to spec planes just sucked the fun out of it for me, considering that you only get them for a win. So, I just play the one game a day for the weekly crate.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users