October Holiday Supply Crates

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 09 October 2020 - 11:24 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Seize this chance to get Premium aircraft, gold, days of Premium Account, and Free XP! Sets of consumables, ammunition for your warbirds and materials for enhancing, calibrating and reassembling equipment will serve as a pleasant bonus.

Full news text

GonerNL #2 Posted 09 October 2020 - 12:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13108 battles

Nice for people who started playing recently and are interested in premiums ... I've already got all the planes that i want.

Maybe I'll buy one or two for my CIS account.

RoyalFlyingCorps #3 Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17733 battles
Special footlockers in WoT and the holiday supply crates here...has WG a cash flow problem?

raketak_ #4 Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10577 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 09 October 2020 - 01:09 PM, said:

Special footlockers in WoT and the holiday supply crates here...has WG a cash flow problem?

Moon base is expensive even after space X help decrease price for space ships starts :)

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2254 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Unfortunately there's not a whole lot of information to go at. Looking at the rewards the odds are heavily stacked for getting something crappy by sheer weight of numbers of these crappy items included vs the good prizes lol so the % chance is you get some ammo or whatever, and I dare so most buyers would be hoping to bag a premium aircraft.

To get a premium you must first actually get a first prize box since the second prize has no premium aircraft. What's the drop rate of these boxes for 1st vs 2nd? I have no idea, probably weighted so 2nd prize is more common but maybe not so bad or toxic as F lol. In that first prize box there are 13 non-premium prize chances and 14 premium aircraft of T2-T4 and I dare say most would be looking for at least a T5 and hopefully a higher tier. There's only 4 aircraft higher than T6 so... generally the way WG's boxes have worked is you're less likely to win the better box with the premiums and if you do win a better box they're weighted to reward one of the lower prizes and then if you're really lucky and win a premium, then yet again they're weighted to reward the lower tier shitters not just through number saturation which obviously creates a great chance to win a lower tier but are weighted this way by design. 

If a player get's one or three for a bit of fun, ya why not but I wouldn't place great hope in them and obviously guys that win something decent generally come straight onto a forum like this and post a screenshot which forecasts an unrealistic generosity and drop rate of these boxes from what they typically drop lol. What surprises me most here is that WG have not added some new and attractive premium to these boxes which can only be obtained by purchasing these boxes. Normally they do this and these boxes sell like hot cakes obviously since lots of players want the new toy, otherwise what you have here in WoWP is a playerbase that comprised mostly(I could be wrong) of established old players that probably already have most of these aircraft and don't really care for any of the other prizes.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2254 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
..btw would I be correct to assume that the gold compensation for winning a premium aircraft we already have is to the value of -20% due to the current MoN discounts? 

Zanov #7 Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 3951 battles
  • [NGADA] NGADA

View PostTungstenHitman, on 09 October 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

..btw would I be correct to assume that the gold compensation for winning a premium aircraft we already have is to the value of -20% due to the current MoN discounts? 

The premium planes discount only applied to tech tree premium planes, there are many planes in the list that aren't in the tech tree, and you could open the box later at mid november , plenty of time till June i readed.

Isn't bad the prizes, you get one main prize, the worst should be 1 Premium day or 250 gold or 10k free xp or a tier II airplane.

Of course it cost real money, but either a WoT player could take profit on this boxes.

My two cents:    IF YOU LIKE TO INVEST IN WORLD OF WARPLANES, this could be a nice chance, but BEWARE, you are paying 3,28 euros for 1 premium day and some WoWp consumables, ammo or parts, over it, is your profit.  THINK TWICE before spent your money.

Remember use your brain folks ^_^

Best regards.

Juega / Play World of Warships:     https://warships.net/Zanov

Juega / Play World of Tanks:           no slots avaliable. (no hay huecos disponibles)

Juega / Play World of Warplanes:  Recruitment not started yet. (no ha comenzado el reclutamiento)

GonerNL #8 Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13108 battles
I remember another sale for these crates a while back and I got some nice premiums from almost every crate !! Now I bought 3 on the CIS server and only got gold ... they changed the RNG.

dapprman #9 Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 3103 battles
  • [YARRR] YARRR

View PostTungstenHitman, on 09 October 2020 - 02:10 PM, said:

To get a premium you must first actually get a first prize box since the second prize has no premium aircraft. What's the drop rate of these boxes for 1st vs 2nd? I have no idea, probably weighted so 2nd prize is more common but maybe not so bad or toxic as F lol. In that first prize box there are 13 non-premium prize chances and 14 premium aircraft of T2-T4 and I dare say most would be looking for at least a T5 and hopefully a higher tier. There's only 4 aircraft higher than T6 so... generally the way WG's boxes have worked is you're less likely to win the better box with the premiums and if you do win a better box they're weighted to reward one of the lower prizes and then if you're really lucky and win a premium, then yet again they're weighted to reward the lower tier shitters not just through number saturation which obviously creates a great chance to win a lower tier but are weighted this way by design. 

Not sure if I've misunderstood what you've written, but each box should have one first and one second, which is what they've always done with these before.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 09 October 2020 - 05:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2254 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postdapprman, on 09 October 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

Not sure if I've misunderstood what you've written, but each box should have one first and one second, which is what they've always done with these before.

Thanks for clearing that up. Second prize are crap anyway though tbh but at least that info you've provided outlines that we are at least guaranteed a shot at a premium aircraft with every purchase. That said, with the current sales offering 20% savings on any of the cash bought premium aircraft featured in the loot boxes, then I'd much rather buy the aircraft that way instead. So these loot boxes only really offer a low percentage opportunity to acquire one of the rare premium aircraft that are rarely or indeed never sold BUT, of those, the likes of the Hurricane llB(The tech tree version with 4X20mm and ordinance is better tbh!!)) can be won from weekly crates and so it really only leaves just one or two really and of that I can only really find(in my noobness and playstyle preference) the Bf109 E2 of any real appealing value. The rest can either be bought, won from weekly drops or some lower tier shitter I don't want anyway lol. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 09 October 2020 - 05:11 PM.

LordV5 #11 Posted 10 October 2020 - 12:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6947 battles
  • [EGSB] EGSB

Its logical step from wg, with new event they brought much players into game and this is time to offer boxes.

I bought winter boxes, they was worth it. Yes i bought 100 pcs, because If you want win high tier planes from them, you must be very big lucker, or buy more boxes pack, where everytime was bigger chances to get planes. I must only reccomend these boxes. They give them money and we can wait new content  i hope :)  Good luck on opening if you support them and buy some.

dapprman #12 Posted 10 October 2020 - 09:55 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 3103 battles
  • [YARRR] YARRR

Well I went for 10 boxes, which worked out at just under £20 for me.  I got 7 planes, 250 gold, 1 day premium, and 10k free exp.

Planes were:

He 100 D-1 (tier 5)

Tomashevich Pegasus (tier 2)  (already owned)

Curtis hawk II (tier 2) (already owned)

Ki-88 (tier 6) - was considering buying anyhow

Me 109 E-3 (tier 5)

I-207/4 (tier 4)

LaGG-3 seriesz 4 (tier 4)

The above is worth ~£33 at the moment, including the present 20% discount, plus what ever 20k free exp is worth, so not too bad.

dapprman #13 Posted 11 October 2020 - 02:02 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 3103 battles
  • [YARRR] YARRR

OK a warning to all as this has turned in to a farce.  I never received the contents of the final crate and when I opened a ticket they said I never got the plane.  I listed all the primaries I got for them to respond again asking what their system said I got for the 10th box.  They just listed 13 items, missing the three non-planes and presumably the secondaries I received with them.  Now they are saying you are not guaranteed to get both from a box and I need screenshots to prove what I received!!!

I suggest if you do buy boxes screen shot each you open as they obviously are not able to track what you get - I've told them if they are not willing to give me the LaGG-3 then I want a full refund, even though it will mean them taking back all the items I received (which by their records will still leave me with 250 gold, 10k free exp, and 1 day premium).

blindfoId #14 Posted 13 October 2020 - 12:07 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

Hi dapprman,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Your issue has been resolved, please check your ticket once again :honoring:

dapprman #15 Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 3103 battles
  • [YARRR] YARRR

View PostblindfoId, on 13 October 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

Hi dapprman,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Your issue has been resolved, please check your ticket once again :honoring:

Cheers for that.  From the original response I suspect they thought it was from a Unique Supplies box.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users