Be honest

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Wander9 #1 Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:22 PM

Airman Basic

• 722 battles
Whatsup mates, I like playing this game, for its a simple and not that much time-eating typa game to play after work, but I want to ask if theres some active development community, because content is the same and I get that game is pretty much without stable community to play it, its not perfect by all means feels like arcade and all over again playing, but I like something about it so, can someone tell me honestly, will this game just die in the same spot as it is ? 

CheefCoach #2 Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 8161 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Felling that it is arcade is pretty much intentional, as it is an arcade game. As far as development is going, last mini patch was deployed on July 2019. and nobody have confirmed or denied that development is discontinued. The latest information from the wowp discord was:

Block Quote

blindfold 09/28/2020
@MasterCylinder any changes to the game engine are not likely to happen in the near future.

This game is vampire and only way to die if somebody put wooden spike into game's heart. :teethhappy: If they wanted to shut down the game, they would have done it long time ago, so we are safe. You can freely play, but don't expect any new content. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Wander9 #3 Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:26 PM

Airman Basic

• 722 battles
Thanks mate, its sad, its like motivation for gameplay came down from enthousiastic to nihillistic :D 

jakub_czyli_ja #4 Posted 13 October 2020 - 03:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6586 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2
Development and community are two totally different groups, yet both are barely existing.

RoyalFlyingCorps #5 Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17733 battles
Victor Kislyi is on record as saying WoWP is being kept going for "diehards" only and that the WoWP team was "streamlined and optimised" in order for the game to turn a small profit.  I think you can interpret what that means without me writing anything further.

Ziptop #6 Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7920 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

As you have pointed out it has an accessible arcade feel to it and is an easy game to pick up for a quick blast after work etc. 

It is after all basically a shooter game in planes.

Enjoy it for what it is, but as pointed out already in this thread expect no major overhauls. 

There are still small content additions from time to time in the form of marathons to earn premium aircraft simply through playing etc.

apartclassic #7 Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 26320 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

Actually, the quote from Discord and from Victor are not totally precise. The game is on development hiatus, that is true, but it does not mean it has been abandoned. Engine upgrade or 4k upscaling are indeed out of question, possibly forever, however there is a dev team still working on the game. Thing is, new content is not their priority. We are getting a constant supply of events (although their originality is questionable sometimes), and there is a tech team on standby in case something goes wrong. What we may expect is further chances to get already existing content in some form (either special events, discounts in shop or similar things). What we should not expect - though by no means totally excluded - is new content in form of new maps, new planes (unless they are already in game's files and not introduced yet, as was the case with Beaufighter V IM) or new modes. Keep in mind though we are nearing another birthday of the title (November), and this may mean some extra effort from the - rudimentary, sadly - development team.

The game is not dead. Yet. May stay in this undead form forever. Saying it's abandoned is a tad too much though.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

RoyalFlyingCorps #8 Posted 14 October 2020 - 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17733 battles

I've just searched this page and the only time "abandon" appears is in your message, APartClassic.  Did anyone say the game was abandoned? — possibly, because I'm not going to read all the messages again, but certainly I didn't.

There is, last time I checked, one more modelled aircraft to come into the game, the I-21.  After that, who knows?  I find it difficult to read "streamlined and optimised", as Kislyi said about the WoWP team with the direct implication this action had allowed the game to turn a small profit, as meaning anything other than a skeleton crew keeping the servers up, running weekend specials and putting up purchase opportunities in order to create a small revenue stream.  Do I believe that Kislyi will have a third attempt to make a planes game?  No.  Therefore, if you follow my reasoning, it's not a development hiatus, it's a permanent cessation.  The only way I see the game being redeveloped is if it's sold to another publisher.  That seems quite unlikely, but you never know.

I'd say either enjoy the game as it is right now, because that's how it's going to be for the foreseeable future or, if you don't enjoy it, move on because the likelihood is you won't be missing anything new and exciting.

Other opinions are available.

Frateras #9 Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:42 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10541 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
I prefer a stable games without permanent amazing events which leaves their traces in the bug list. Compared with WoT I prefer this static period on WoWpls. But I don't play even 100 games per month any more.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users