Update 2.1.2

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

RoyalFlyingCorps #21 Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18103 battles

View PostFinitan, on 09 November 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

I put some money in the game this WE, when I was restarting to play WoWP, so they reach the budget for server maintenance/update.

:trollface:

Yours for the price of a couple of slightly second-hand Russian hamsters.

TungstenHitman #22 Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2881 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Could be interesting, potentially good, let's see. Nothing too dramatic here as expected but that's not a bad thing, sometimes big changes can make a game a worse experience ironically and with WG that's almost a gimme lol.

I'm interested in the % gains of those experimental equipment, any idea what we can expect compared to the standard version?

From the link I see that there are only 3 offerings and of those, arguably none are worth bothering with but then again I'm a bit of a noob so probably just don't know how useful those actually are.

1.  Experimental Turret Armor Protection - Personally I would never use this and would instead go with the Turret Gunsight.

2.  Experimental Polished Skin - Useful for an "all in" full speed build but it negatively effects maneuverability which for me would limit this equipment to something truly BnZ speed demon where agility is not so much of a factor. Otherwise, I wouldn't really invest too much in Polished Skin, especially for anything that leans on agility and turn. Plus I find the speed figures in this game are more of a guideline more than anything since the stated speed are given while flying perfectly horizontal at an optimal altitude and as we know, with airplanes that's just never really for very often lol. We're turning, climbing, diving, breaking, boosting etc so the actual speeds are all over the place, literally. Not bad though, will be useful for some builds.

3. Experimental Bolt Carriers - Never used the BC yet and have either favored Gas Ops or Long Barrels depending on the aircraft and playstyle preference. This is more noob on my part however and showing my lack of aircraft collection. Looking at the benefits of BC's, you get much longer burst length which basically means it takes a lot longer, potentially almost +30% longer burst with the standard BC which means that while you are not increasing RoF or gun range, your guns are gonna be pumping out shells at full steam for longer and of course, add a +15% cooldown bonus just to make that even more of a formidable potential. Probably useful for HF's that have the time and hp to get in behind a big meaty hp fat bomber or ground attacker, tank the defensive shots and just pump shot after shot into it until it's dead. Depends on what you're sitting behind, as you know there's some rear guns that melt would-be attackers pretty quickly and from a big range too lol. BC's take the biggest nerf to gun accuracy of any gun upgrade equipment however so... as much as it shoots for longer without overheating, you're gonna be missing some shots more too... to each their own I guess?

Grumman F5F Skyrocket

Nice to have a new airplane for us to mess around with and personally I'm a big fan of HF's and oddball experimental aircraft too. Btw, speaking of experimental aircraft, which the Skyrocket is/was, shouldn't that actually be called an XF5F and not an F5F?

It makes an interesting comparison to it's U.S. brother, the P-38F. At a glance, the P-38F probably still looks like the better option but we'll see. 

GonerNL #23 Posted 09 November 2020 - 01:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13306 battles
That's funny, just noticed that the F5F's is tier V while the XP-50 that is already in game is tier VI !? 

RoyalFlyingCorps #24 Posted 09 November 2020 - 01:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18103 battles
Me 210 / Me 410.

Piq_Mastika #25 Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6680 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
It's fun to wait 50 minutes for 200 MB patch. Thank God the patches are only once per year...

Sheldwin #26 Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:51 PM

Senior Airman

• 4104 battles

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 09 November 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

It's fun to wait 50 minutes for 200 MB patch. Thank God the patches are only once per year...

It is depend on the PC - at my notebook it is took about one hour to install too but at my desktop it was only few minutes. But why it is so different I don't know.

Btw the updates times for wot I have almost same for both PCs (e.g. few minutes for notebook and desktop, no so big difference as at wowp).

Aimless #27 Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:13 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 5186 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Glad to see WG set their highest priority to the most reported issues and suggestions from us players. Finally they reworked the daily missions, made certain maps enjoyable also for tier III planes and finally fixed the problem with the onesided distribution of specialized planes. Good work guys!

RoyalFlyingCorps #28 Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18103 battles
Frankly, I'm surprised there's as much activity as there is.

Frantiszek_ #29 Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 34718 battles
  • [D-FJ] D-FJ
"
You can skip a few operations or the entire operation chain by purchasing certificates in the Premium Shop. This way, if the time for an operation has expired, but you have not completed all the missions, you can resume performing them for tokens.
"

I thought the tokens could be better used.:(

RoyalFlyingCorps #30 Posted 10 November 2020 - 10:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18103 battles
So did the WoWP team, which is why they're using certificates you have to purchase.  Come on, you can't be surprised.

ASharpPencil #31 Posted 10 November 2020 - 01:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4871 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

View PostAimless, on 09 November 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

Glad to see WG set their highest priority to the most reported issues and suggestions from us players. Finally they reworked the daily missions, made certain maps enjoyable also for tier III planes and finally fixed the problem with the onesided distribution of specialized planes. Good work guys!

Since I didn't had time to play more then 2-3 games, is this sarcasm? 

ASharpPencil #32 Posted 10 November 2020 - 02:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4871 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

View PostASharpPencil, on 10 November 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

Since I didn't had time to play more then 2-3 games, is this sarcasm? 

OK, I stand correct... its sarcasm …

blindfoId #33 Posted 11 November 2020 - 11:06 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 09 November 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

I'm interested in the % gains of those experimental equipment, any idea what we can expect compared to the standard version?

The difference between the standard equipment and the experimental equipment is as follows:
1. Experimental Turret Armor Protection
Decreased negative effect on maximum speed with boost activated: -0,8% instead of -1%. 
-3,04% instead of -3,8% when fully enhanced. 
2. Experimental Bolt Carriers
Decreased negative effect on accuracy of forward-firing offensive armament:
-1.5% instead of -3%. 
-11.3% instead of -15.6% when fully enhanced. 
3. Experimental Polished Skin
Increased positive effect on acceleration while diving: 
+3% instead of  +2%
+11.8% instead of 10% when fully enhanced. 
Decreased negative effect on maneuverability in turns: 
-0.5% instead of   -1%
-3.3% instead of   -3.8% when fully enhanced.

Aimless #34 Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:33 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 5186 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm still in search of the meaning of

Block Quote

There is updated information on the loading screen.

So far all loading screens (which one are you talking about at all????) are the same we had before.

praashek #35 Posted 13 November 2020 - 09:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6342 battles

There is an increased chance for gold, days of Premium Account, and Free XP to drop from all types of supply crates.

---

This increased chance is already active, or will that be active from 16th of November?

Edited by praashek, 13 November 2020 - 09:02 PM.

LordV5 #36 Posted 13 November 2020 - 11:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7169 battles
  • [EGSB] EGSB

View Postpraashek, on 13 November 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

There is an increased chance for gold, days of Premium Account, and Free XP to drop from all types of supply crates.

---

This increased chance is already active, or will that be active from 16th of November?

Dear friend , my experience and experience of my friends and friendly account is : lower chance of getting everything valuable.... golds, days of premium etc...  something bad in this update.....( 9 crates like candy event 7 after anniversary compare ) -

My personal rating, from over 70 boxes ... not worth to buy, fine to get them from missions , i am own all planes except Ki88, cannot catch him from boxes

Edited by LordV5, 13 November 2020 - 11:16 PM.

levlos #37 Posted 13 November 2020 - 11:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7549 battles

I got myself a ki-5 (tier II fighter), about 30.000 free XP, 400 gold and 22 days of premium (+7 for the final tally) -and about 4 pieces of equipment and tons of trinkets. I already own the ki-88, the XP-58 and the Boomerang. I once sold the Wirreway straightaway (what a piece of junk) -and I think that's about the premiums that I could get in the crates.

Could be worse. I mean, 22 days of premium is nothing to sneer at, and I will let my son have fun with the Ki-5.

Now I cannot wait for the event to finish and the new players to leave so that the game can run nearly normally again (yeah it is sad, innit ?)

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

praashek #38 Posted 14 November 2020 - 08:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6342 battles

View PostLordV5, on 14 November 2020 - 12:01 AM, said:

Dear friend , my experience and experience of my friends and friendly account is : lower chance of getting everything valuable.... golds, days of premium etc...  something bad in this update.....( 9 crates like candy event 7 after anniversary compare ) -

My personal rating, from over 70 boxes ... not worth to buy, fine to get them from missions , i am own all planes except Ki88, cannot catch him from boxes

Thank You, mate. I am asking just to be sure to open the boxes (I have from missions) in the best constalation of the stars and servers. I have all the prem planes already /except two(?) tier 3/ and I wouldnt buy any crate from the shop as it has no value for me at this state ;) So there is no reason to hurry... maybe there will be some fine-tuning of the drop formula as the current new state is like much worse, than it was before... But as I am writing this, I dont think there will be some change in near future, so I will open it now.

nitemare_gary #39 Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2855 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

View PostAimless, on 13 November 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

I'm still in search of the meaning of

So far all loading screens (which one are you talking about at all????) are the same we had before.

The one you get straight after pressing play. At the bottom it said "All rights reserved 2011-2019" for most of this year. As there were no updates, until now, it hadn't been changed.

(Ah, that's where I got the idea that it was the tenth anniversary next year. guess they don't count the early years)

Like the top post on this topic>http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599                                Status: Currently blasting aircraft in time to loud alt 80s hits -

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:        Outcome: Will be late - 

RoyalFlyingCorps #40 Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18103 battles
World Of Tanks was released in Europe (and the US) in 2011.  That's a WG banner, not one specific to WoWP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users