• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

zgubny #181 Posted 14 December 2020 - 01:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15123 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 14 December 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

The F5F you get after completing the mission, not from crate ...

Planes from event crates :

Cool , after reading your post i decided to open the only crate i won ( i didn't spend too much time in the last missions ...) and i think you brought me luck dude cause i received a tier 7 premium French plane : the VB 10 !!!

And i immediately had a look at my new French pilot , till now i can't stop laughing because his name's Foulques Merle .... A French Maréchal , between XIII th and XIV th century lol :teethhappy:  also known for his participation of

the battle of DOUVRES in the district of DOVER !!!! 

Hey Wargaming what a sense of humor ! but thx for this little present and thank you GonerNL :great:

Foulques du Merle — Wikipédia

TungstenHitman #182 Posted 14 December 2020 - 02:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4737 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Regardless of which crates you decide to go with, I think it's best to keep expectations low to avoid disappointment or worse, getting a mindset that you'll probably get some gold and premium time or an aircraft because it's possible not to get any of that and they're purposefully weighted that way. I'm sure it's not WG's business model to gift the entire playerbase T7 and T8 premium aircraft and weeks of premium time and lots of gold so those of us that got some can count themselves really really lucky.

Don't get me wrong, you can be a bit disappointed if you had accumulated lots of crates still didn't get a little something special you were hoping for but that's still a real possibility too. That's why I mentioned that even if all my containers were "empty" for want of a better word, that overall I would still be really happy with all I got from the event plus those F5F missions came with some nice rewards too.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 14 December 2020 - 06:39 PM.

maxram68 #183 Posted 14 December 2020 - 02:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6130 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View PostLordV5, on 14 December 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

Need ask you.

Is here chance for drop plan for any other planes except F5F ? if not, here is no one reason for me open them now . Thx for answers.

I got the Polikarpov I-180-3 from one of 9 crates I opened yesterday.

The I-180-3 was the only plane from GonerNL's list I haven't won already.

Edit: I'm eavesdropping on another clans Discord (I got an invite, but the other thing sounds more cool). From what I read there, around a handful - give or take - got the XP-58. That's a really nice plane imho.

Edited by maxram68, 14 December 2020 - 02:56 PM.

TungstenHitman #184 Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4737 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postm249jim, on 13 December 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

The problem for LF is the airbase in the middle, most maps for this event don't have it, with it, you can get the kills in, if not, forget it, it ain't happening

The LF "60 kills while defending" looked a lot easier than it played out. It was one of those that could have been done in just a few battles if everything played out nicely but for me it didn't seem to go that way. It relied heavily on your team taking control of some key sectors which would then basically get fed targets for hopefully the rest of that battle but if your team didn't take control of many sectors then it was really hard to get any defensive kills from the battle and I'm sure I had a few battles where I probably got zero defensive kills.

Also, because this was common goal for so many players, it got somewhat toxic with all LF's trying to bag as many kills as possible, as they should obviously, but it got a bit heated and the kill stealing inevitably manifested and I was no less guilty of it too lol! The mission was defensive kills and that's what we all tried to do. This also lead to hoards of LF's sitting in a favorable sector trying to farm as many defensive kills as they could which meant that battles could be lost simply because LF's were unwilling to "waste time" doing anything else, certainly not wasting time racing around the map trying to contest non-controlled sectors lol. 

The third mission "Achieve grade 2" was also very troll to achieve in the 4th stage of this event. As suspected, this kill multiplier in effect for controlled sectors did indeed lead to mostly really fast battles and so I needed a lot of luck to get the couple of grade 2 I managed on the LF's and MR's. It wasn't for the want of player ability, the luck I refer too was simply getting the time needed to get the job done before the battle ended and most the time their wasn't enough time to do whatever needed doing for each class to get that grade 2. I lucked a hero of the sky once but it was during the 2nd missions so didn't count lol and tbh I was just grinding credits with an S-199 and also grinding a Spitfire when just for one of many battles played, I lucked a grade 2 with each but certainly I had given up on thinking it was going to be "this battle" because they were just over so fast.

Totally ignored the HF's, GA's and Bombers for everything other than gold. They just looked way too grindy and I wasn't interested suffering it. The second bomber mission probably wasn't too hard if one had a high tier bomber and as such, could deal THAT much more damage per sortie but not with my sad lower tier collection lol, would have been painful and taken a looooooooooooooooong time.

The HF's and GA's were not just a case of getting generalized attacking sector points but required very specific targets too which is fine for a relatively low figure count but I thought the looked pretty big number counts to hit so... I didn't bother trying. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 14 December 2020 - 03:09 PM.

LordV5 #185 Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7916 battles
  • [EGSB] EGSB
IS possible get operation order for another plane except F5F ? Happen to someone ? Remember maybe 2 years back it was possible. I have Me TL from operation order

TungstenHitman #186 Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4737 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostLordV5, on 14 December 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

IS possible get operation order for another plane except F5F ? Happen to someone ? Remember maybe 2 years back it was possible. I have Me TL from operation order

Highly unlikely. The ops orders had a high drop chance(3 stars) and only the F5F was mentioned. Nothing else was shown to be included in the crate contents on the "dedicated" webpage so with such a high drop rate, had there been other aircraft orders included, no doubt most all of us would have encountered them from opening so many crates after we had already bagged the F5F orders but nobody did, at least, nobody in my clan with lots of players ever mentioned it or talking on Discord. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 14 December 2020 - 03:18 PM.

TungstenHitman #187 Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4737 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
btw, has anyone got a link to that webpage about the unique crates receiving and increase in top items drop rate chance which was buffed recently? I remember reading it in this news section not too long ago, around the time of that March of Nations event but damned if I can find it...

Dismal #188 Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8972 battles

Hi 

it was a good event , tnx WG for prizes. i got 3 crafts (f5f, 10 and 58) and 5k gold , this is  a nice gift on NY2021 :)

Merry Xmas everyone 

GonerNL #189 Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14114 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 14 December 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

about the unique crates receiving and increase in top items drop rate chance which was buffed recently? 

you mean in the 2.1.2 notes ?? 

https://worldofwarpl...s/update_2_1_2/

TungstenHitman #190 Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4737 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 14 December 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

you mean in the 2.1.2 notes ?? 

https://worldofwarpl...s/update_2_1_2/

I guess so, though I thought there was a lot more about it than just a brief mention. Thanks anyway. 

TungstenHitman #191 Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4737 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Oh btw, as of yesterday evening, at least 6 of us beer bellies had won a Chain Lightning, not to mention the other airplanes won. Maybe what looked like a rare drop on paper has actually translated into a high drop rate, almost raining premium aircraft? :hiding:

(Urge to open the other 30 crates growing, GROWING!!!))

Edited by TungstenHitman, 15 December 2020 - 06:50 PM.

andrew3142 #192 Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11696 battles

I opened my remaining 33 boxes yesterday 

I got a tier 5 premium in the first box and, with hindsight, should have stopped there!

(I already have all the other premiums apart from the VB10 so it was always a long shot)

In the rest of the boxes I got

a couple of hanger slots

350 gold

28k in free exp (add it to the 1.5M)

loads of equipment, premium consumables and materials 

a couple of pilots (I think I got 5 or 6 in total)

But no premium time and no boosters

Waiting for them to convert would probably have been a better move but no complaints - free stuff is free stuff

LordV5 #193 Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7916 battles
  • [EGSB] EGSB

View PostTungstenHitman, on 14 December 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

I guess so, though I thought there was a lot more about it than just a brief mention. Thanks anyway. 

My experiences from last 10 unique boxes opened after this update was less golddrop... BTW now my 106 crates waiting for convert. I am missing only Ki 88 from this revard planes , can we wait some upgrade of these boxes ? New planes rotation ? ? 

apartclassic #194 Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 27877 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
One important note - only the event crates have a chance of dropping experimental equipment, no other crates do.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

TungstenHitman #195 Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4737 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I opened all 30 yesterday evening lol! Oops!

Nah, I'm cool with it. To be fair I did take the time to consider what I wanted most from containers(assuming I also get lucky obviously)

Here's why I felt it made more sense to open them now. Btw, for others, it will make more sense NOT to open them, we all have different wants and stages of progress etc.

1. I agree with classics point above, the event crates have experimental equipment and his earlier point about fewer overall items in event crates may actually translate into a higher drop chance of really nice items regardless of the low drop indication on them.

2. The premium aircraft on offer appealed to me more than the unique crates premium aircraft.

3. Unique crates can be gained all year round even just for playing one battle a day, event crates cannot. So whatever I may want from unique crates I can still hopefully get at another time but once the event crates are gone, they're gone!(Homestore And More?)

FYI, from those 30 crates I got.(Items worth mentioning)

1. 600 gold

2. 4 premium days

3. 5 experimental equipment. 

I also got a 3 skill point pilot and lots of standard yet generously upgraded equipment, 3k free xp and lots of the other trimmings. Sadly I didn't get a period3 Experimental Bolt Carriers which I think would have been really nice on the Chain Lightning but hey, no biggy. There was no more premium aircraft won either but I did get the T8 so... ain't nothing to be complaining about either plus as you can see above, I got gold, premium time and plenty of experimental equipment anyway, to add to the other gold and experimental equipment I had already won from opening event crates prior to that remaining 30 crates. All in all, very happy and for me it made sense to open them now but for others, maybe not, so just consider what you want and there's still some time to ponder on it.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 16 December 2020 - 11:43 AM.

raketak_ #196 Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11426 battles

From 44 box after conversion - 2700 gold, 140k free exp and  8-9 times 3 reserves, mostly for free exp. 

Plus 22 premium days, equipment and materials. No planes, but is possible that I have all of them. Keep crates after conversion looks be good idea.

Edited by raketak_, 18 December 2020 - 02:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users