How to get aircraft type III when flying an attack aircraft?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

enceladus2050 #1 Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:32 PM

Airman Basic

• 211 battles
  • [THC] THC

Hello everyone,

I just started to play this game and I am doing the left Combat Reconaissance missions.

My question is - How can I ever get to aircraft type III when flying an attack aircraft ? Or a bomber ? With fighters, heavy fighters and multiroles I easy get aircraft type III. I tried with several tier 2 and 3 aircraft and I get killed very fast when I aproach the ground.

Frateras #2 Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:31 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10684 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
Just look in the tech trees. There are often no AAs and bombers in tier1 and 2. But they are connected in research with other planes developed before which can provide the experience credits for researching them. The Russians starts at T2 with Bombers and AAs.

Edited by Frateras, 21 November 2020 - 07:54 AM.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

andrew3142 #3 Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10954 battles

I think the OP is asking about getting chevrons during a game(?)

I think the answer is that at the low tiers it is quite hard, especially in a GAA because you are slow and weak; in a bomber you can try flying high and staying away from bot heavy fighters but it’s boring gameplay (and if a heavy does catch you, you are slow and weak!)

Note also that there are (3) specific objectives for each class that you have to complete to earn chevrons - they are the circles with segments at the bottom of the screen. For GAAs it is capture points, damaged sections and captured sectors (I think) and for bombers it is similar but destroyed objects rather than damaged sections of objects. So, to earn chevrons you have to do some or all of these actions (I’m not 100% sure how they map across but they are the way chevrons are awarded)

These classes do get better (and the high tier bombers are arguably OP) but the grind can be painful 

Good luck 

Finitan #4 Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:37 AM

Senior Airman

• 374 battles

View Postenceladus2050, on 20 November 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

Hello everyone,

I just started to play this game and I am doing the left Combat Reconaissance missions.

My question is - How can I ever get to aircraft type III when flying an attack aircraft ? Or a bomber ? With fighters, heavy fighters and multiroles I easy get aircraft type III. I tried with several tier 2 and 3 aircraft and I get killed very fast when I aproach the ground.

Hi,

I'll try to help you a little. I haven't the game open right now so I can't take screen from the game but when you are in battle press TABS to see players of both team and in the bottom part of the screen you have 3 circles. When you press ALT (TABS to stay in this screen + ALT for additional information) and if you move your mouse cursor on those circles you will see what you have to do to win chevrons depending the stage you are on

At the end of the game they are resume like this : 

https://worldofwarpl...orials/guide/#3

(screen from the website) :

I will update with in game screen latter, when I start playing, but i dont now how to put screens here. It says post is too long...

blindfoId #5 Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:49 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles
Probably, this article can be helpful :)

zgubny #6 Posted 21 November 2020 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14221 battles
  • [_UN_] _UN_

View PostblindfoId, on 21 November 2020 - 11:49 AM, said:

Probably, this article can be helpful :)

in this article these 2 different badges are described as "Flying Paladin Badge" ... :unsure:

ИзображениеИзображение

Frantiszek_ #7 Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 34858 battles
  • [D-FJ] D-FJ

Light fighter - 17 planes

Heavy fighter - 15 planes

RoyalFlyingCorps #8 Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18117 battles

View Postzgubny, on 21 November 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

in this article these 2 different badges are described as "Flying Paladin Badge" ... :unsure:

ИзображениеИзображение

The second one is "Flying Warrior".

Frateras #9 Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:11 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10684 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
If it is about the chevrons, the AAs are victims since version 2.0, good luck.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

Aimless #10 Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:46 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 5230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Almost all GAAs up to tier III are just disgusting to play. They're just too slow for the general distances between the cap zones. Stop wasting your precious time and move up the tiers. Relief will start with tier IV.

Edited by Aimless, 21 November 2020 - 07:46 PM.

enceladus2050 #11 Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:30 PM

Airman Basic

• 211 battles
  • [THC] THC

Thank you everyone for your answers!

To be more specific I was referring to "Attack Aircraft master mission" where I need to get ayrcraft type grade III in 3 battles. 

I tried with Tsh-2 (tier 2) and Wirraway (tier 3) and I didn't had any chance. I got killed very quickly by the fighters or AA.

I researched through the trees and I found Ju-87 (tier 5) and Il-2 (tier 5). What do you guys think ?

I don't intend to play ground attack aircraft since I don't like them. I just want to complete that mission.

Frateras #12 Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:59 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10684 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
The IL-2 probably is the best line for AAs. It got lots of arms. Enough to destroy a base alone. It is heavy to fly because of that overload, Might be you're lucky. Fly deep and hide as good as you can. Look for the mine plants because there are no base bots but lots of ground targets, good luck. 

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

Ziptop #13 Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8195 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

I agree with above. Below tier 4 it's going to be extremely difficult and rely on a lot of good fortune. 

I think the conditions to gain chevrons are...

Parts of ground target. 

Capture points? (Whatever they are called. You get more for killing the whole target)

Sectors captured.

A combination of these three things will earn you the chevrons.

Basically you need to kill lots of ground targets and if you only have guns and a couple of light bombs in a slow moving Ground Attacker you will not be able to kill enough of the fortified targets to meet the requirements. 

This may be possible in a bomber though. Is the mission for bombers also? 

GonerNL #14 Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13350 battles

Agree with others ; IL-2 is the way to go. German GA are less powerful.

I just got the 3 chevrons flying IL-2 in Crimson Dawn for the 3rd GA mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users