• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 28 November 2020 - 10:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4160 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hi guys,

Not a class I play whole lot but I do enjoy playing the two premiums I have when I play them. Both are German lower tier bombers, a T3 I got from that event and that icon Heinkel 111 at T4. 

What I'd like is some insight into the fundamental differences between the major nations that have them and which style overall do you feel is the most successful at being a bomber and flipping sectors, pinching battles etc. From what I can see during battles, the Germans seem to fly high and use precision bombing, the U.S., albeit sadly limited to T5-T7 seem to also have this high alt bombing approach but are really beefy with hp, can tank lots of shots and have seriously meaningful defenses(hence the name flying fortress I guess) while the Russians seem to fly in fast and lowish, using speed to keep out of trouble which is a playstyle I can't even imagine trying to use... to aim while flying really fast and accurately hit targets... how does that even work lol... anyway, some insight into each nation would be great and any little tips and why you feel one is better than the other overall etc. Thanks.

GonerNL #2 Posted 29 November 2020 - 10:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13743 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 28 November 2020 - 11:06 PM, said:

while the Russians seem to fly in fast and lowish, using speed to keep out of trouble which is a playstyle I can't even imagine trying to use... to aim while flying really fast and accurately hit targets... how does that even work lol... 

The Pe-2 and up are the only bombers I more or less enjoy flying. Divebombing is the way. And reload is really good.

I just don't have the patience for the stratosphere bombing. Which is a pity cause I would love to fly the B-17G more, but it's so slow and reload takes forever.

houghtonbee #3 Posted 29 November 2020 - 11:40 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7888 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Normal conquest mode.

Go in fast and medium to lowish altitude in any of them. High flying destroys accuracy, except possibly the Americans, so zoom in, hit the targets hard and zoom out of the zone asap hoping you dont get focused. If you are shot down outside the zones you havent lost anything as you'd only be floating about waiting to reload anyway.

Seen too many players drifting up high, safe but contributing very little to the battle. You're too slow and inaccurate to have an impact.

levlos #4 Posted 29 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8274 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 29 November 2020 - 12:06 AM, said:

Hi guys,

Not a class I play whole lot but I do enjoy playing the two premiums I have when I play them. Both are German lower tier bombers, a T3 I got from that event and that icon Heinkel 111 at T4. 

What I'd like is some insight into the fundamental differences between the major nations that have them and which style overall do you feel is the most successful at being a bomber and flipping sectors, pinching battles etc. From what I can see during battles, the Germans seem to fly high and use precision bombing, the U.S., albeit sadly limited to T5-T7 seem to also have this high alt bombing approach but are really beefy with hp, can tank lots of shots and have seriously meaningful defenses(hence the name flying fortress I guess) while the Russians seem to fly in fast and lowish, using speed to keep out of trouble which is a playstyle I can't even imagine trying to use... to aim while flying really fast and accurately hit targets... how does that even work lol... anyway, some insight into each nation would be great and any little tips and why you feel one is better than the other overall etc. Thanks.

Level high-altitude bombing is for players that have a pacemaker set at "comatose" speed. I died a little every time I had to fly a B-17 for my son to try (he played it only once, of course!!!!).

Meanwhile, the soviet bombers are awesome. Fly at 1500 meters, dive and release your bombs with pin-point accuracy, climb up with boost, shoot bombers and heavy fighters, save your team. When I first tried the Pe-2, I found them anemic and weak -but I was just doing it wrong: you have to feel the flow of the battle. Go where no reds are concentrating around: use your superior mobility to attack sectors that just got capped. It takes about 1 minute to cap a sector, if you are not really intercepted by a heavy. At this rate, you can cap faster than half the enemy team can, so it is a win assured.

Tip: use your boost aplenty, and use the consumable that replenishes it too.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4160 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postlevlos, on 29 November 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Meanwhile, the soviet bombers are awesome. Fly at 1500 meters, dive and release your bombs with pin-point accuracy, climb up with boost, shoot bombers and heavy fighters, save your team. 

So they go about bomber by dive bombing, I was wondering how they managed to accurately hit ANYTHING while flying at breakneck speeds. I just assumed they were good players that got used it through repetitiousness same as most skills and practice makes perfect. Sounds like real fun actually.

Speaking about high level bombing being a cure to insomnia, I actually thought it was fun lol, reminds me of those old WW2 docs where they show a target bomber dude(whatever that's called, the navigator?) view of the target from miles above and then those racks of bombs are let go. Btw, I think we need an improved sound effect for the noise of bombs dropping from their racks.... I have no idea what that sounds like but I'd imagine it would sound a bit more dramatic than the current noise that's more like someone using a stapler to staple a few sheets of paper together lol.

So, in regards to these bombers nations, what is the sweet spot for each nations P2(T5-T7) and P3(T8-T10)? And what I mean by that is, which is the most effective and tier strong from Germany, USSR and U.S.A. for P2 and P3 and why? For example, I currently failed my way to a T5 German bomber today. I would say it's less frustrating than my premium T4 Heinkel 111 because it can climb really fast to high alt, get to about 3,700+ meters(even with stock engines) and that keeps it relatively safe from some of this toxic bot HF's it see's while my T4 hits the limit at around 3,500 meters and is very vulnerable to those terminator bot HF's that defy their stats and gravity by climbing up and killing me really fast, annoying after taking an age to climb that high with the T4. But would I lose this somewhat workable "safe height" advantage if I took on the T6 or T7 for example? So I'm wonder which is the gem from each nations P2 and P3, which is the "Tier for tier, this is the best" for P2 and P3 etc.

Thanks. 

jakub_czyli_ja #6 Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6866 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Postlevlos, on 29 November 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Meanwhile, the soviet bombers are awesome. Fly at 1500 meters, dive and ...

... deliver free frag, from tier V up to tier VIII, where finally Tu-10 has cool defensive armament.

levlos #7 Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8274 battles

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 29 November 2020 - 08:43 PM, said:

... deliver free frag, from tier V up to tier VIII, where finally Tu-10 has cool defensive armament.

You are indeed a rather easy frag at tier V, a manageable one at tier VI, a hard one at tier VII and a nearly impossible one at VIII. The tier IX I played little -due to the uber tier X bombers.

The key is what sector you choose to cap. In a general fashion, in a bomber, you will not choose a sector where there are 5 or 6 reds dots. You are fast enough to disrupt their capping pattern: go where they capped a few moments ago, but avoid going there directly if you can. Choose odd angles of approach or use bots to distract them. Yes, you need more awareness than if you pilot a light fighter: you get to choose your opponents. If they cap a sector and you cap it back after 1 minute, you force them to get back to cap it, and even better, you get to split the enemy players and make them easier targets.

It is up to you to be an easy frag in a fast bomber. And if you die, well, if you capped 75% of the targets, let it be, send bots to finish the job, and when you respawn, head to another sector. That might even turn out to be more efficient !

I don't mind getting shot as long as I do my job in the team. And I prefer to get shot AND shoot at enemies (twin guns in front, that hardly overheat ? yes!), than fly at 4500 meters and die from boredom

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

Finitan #8 Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:44 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1167 battles
  • [ICE] ICE

I'm  reading all of those comments with interest and I think I haven't enought feedback for the moment to be sure of my PoV on how to use them, but, despite the fact that Bombers are often bashed, I found that it's one particular class when you need to read the map to play it. Also it seems to be the only class to have so big differences between nation : Of what I see for the moment Russian -> precision bombing and fast reload (but few bombs in stock), German average and US carpet bombing in fedding the ground with explosion to get something (I mean not precise anymore), but for the US it's about what I see I haven't B17.

With Fighters or HF you just ''need'' to see where reds are to gets frags. With bombers it's not so easy. (In Attack planes I'm really bad for the moment so I reserve my comments for later xD ! I try the T5 German JU 87 for the event and I'm really not a good mate in it to help the team :hiding:)

The problem with bombers looks like the defence : turrets have often bad firing angles and small DPM.

If an heavy come behind you you are dead. So I think it's why altitude can help to deal some ground targets damages.

In any case with the event it's not the best way to try strategies with bombers. At low altitude, or medium (1500/1800) everyone can catch you so quick (+ the AA guns) that I think you are most useless here than in altitude. Every time you are killed mean one less respwan for the team. But I still continue trying with this class to get better vision of the different playing style we can use with them ; )

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4160 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Is there any notable gain in taking the T6 German bomber or even the T7 bomber over my current T5 which seems pretty solid for P2 or are they exposed to too many high alt threats for the extra tiers?

Edited by TungstenHitman, 01 December 2020 - 09:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users