Winter Trials

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:05 PM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Winter holidays are the jolliest time of the year. So, decorate a tree, turn on the fairy lights, and be ready to accept Christmas gifts for all month long! Immerse yourself in the magical atmosphere with the new Winter Trials event!

Full news text

CheefCoach #2 Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 9240 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Every year New Years event get more disappointing. Two years ago it was the last time we had a good one. Last year at least we got premium t5 plane. 
Nothing interesting to write. 

black_knightPT #3 Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:21 PM

Senior Airman

• 5068 battles

hmm, did I missed it or there's no bonus on plane XP to free XP convert this year?

can't even remember when was the last time we got one :(

RoyalFlyingCorps #4 Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20710 battles

With luck these are just the mission events for the holiday period and tomorrow we'll learn of a special for the period too.

That said, the only thing I wanted was a discount on converting plane experience to free experience and, as the previous poster has noted, that seems to be absent.

zgubny #5 Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15612 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostCommunity, on 17 December 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

Winter holidays are the jolliest time of the year. So, decorate a tree, turn on the fairy lights, and be ready to accept Christmas gifts for all month long! Immerse yourself in the magical atmosphere with the new Winter Trials event!
<a href="https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/winter-trials-part-1-2021/">Full news text</a>

Winter Trials

We've prepared for you a real Christmas calendar. You can grab a new gift every day — don't miss a chance to receive what you've always wanted for Christmas!

Compared to world of tanks this event seems to be miserable :

zen_monk_ #6 Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11256 battles
  • [__] __
Hey, free stuff for simply playing the game... thank you :great:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

maxram68 #7 Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6656 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Hmmm...around 80 tokens or so, some xp-bonuses, a bit of premium, discount on various tech-tree planes etc.

...just for playing...

Not bad, assuming you play evert day (I won't, it's XMAS) - but still OK imo.

houghtonbee #8 Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:30 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 8781 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Was hoping for a premium ac discount as I've got 14k gold burning a hole following the last event, should be good for a T8 and maybe some lower ones or paint schemes.

Seems like a decent enough chain of missions and rewards to me.

GonerNL #9 Posted 17 December 2020 - 02:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14702 battles
Too bad discount on hangar slots is only for gold, not tokens ...

Sturmi_0545 #10 Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 923 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

whoever has been able to endure the series of WG's bad decisions and been standing true to the game for long enough might remember events that included Sleipnirs, Flugscheiben and air-to-air snowball fights in the past.

would be appreciated to have one of those again. but I wouldn't expect too much. after all, somebody decided that the game doesn't need any development or maintenance since it has become WoWp "number two".

GonerNL #11 Posted 17 December 2020 - 04:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14702 battles

View PostSturmi_0545, on 17 December 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

would be appreciated to have one of those again. 

That's no excuse for stoopid animated gifs ... :(

SwedishFox #12 Posted 17 December 2020 - 04:20 PM

Airman Basic

• 2964 battles
  • [KDHN] KDHN

So they choose the "Lazy way out"....

Only discounts and boring missions :/ Where is the special Christmas Event?? I mean, i expected nothing else, since there are only 2 people left maintaining the game as good as they can.

No patches for the numerous bugs, no new planes, only one mode to play. Feels like everybody abandoned the game and i didn´t got the message :/ 

apartclassic #13 Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28796 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
Spoiler

Nuff said....

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

invader_from_mars #14 Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 16030 battles

2018 december...it was a nice xmas event! Maybe back then they had a team, but now we only have Ivan alone working in the corner on a Commodore 64 :( Sad story...really sad

RoyalFlyingCorps #15 Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20710 battles
I don't know, I rather liked the Commodore 64.

Aimless #16 Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:05 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 6009 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postzgubny, on 17 December 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

Compared to world of tanks this event seems to be miserable :

To me personally, almost none of all the gifts they're throwing at me in World of Tanks are of any use. I'm still playing it, but I already have everything I ever need for my purpose. 

Lucky me, I don't have to compare anything.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5572 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I found that generally the more free stuff and gimmicks a game needs to throw at their playerbase, the worse that game is... they basically need to do this to keep them from leaving lol. I think that speaks volumes for WoT's right now and just how much "fun" it is to play for the casual gamer that tries it and discovered how horribly imbalanced, unfair and toxic a gaming experience it is.

With WoWP, while it's playerbase is undoubtedly smaller, I feel it's playerbase play it for the love of it and fun within it, avid warbird fans generally speaking. Sure, it ain't perfect, but then again what PvP game is? So far as PvP games go and in particular, a WG offering, I've found WoWP to be the most balanced of the 3 "World of...." titles, and having played it for the last few months I've come to really enjoy it myself.

To be fair, it's a very generous game anyway. My Christmas wish would be the opportunity to acquire some of those rare camo's from events or wherever they came from and for more and more icon aircraft to keep being added to the game across the course of a year, tech tree or premium, both preferably. The graphics are already tasty enough and the act of just shooting down airplanes still hasn't become old to me... dropping a few bombs and firing a few rockets on occasion isn't half bad either. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 17 December 2020 - 08:53 PM.

apartclassic #18 Posted 18 December 2020 - 12:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28796 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostTungstenHitman, on 17 December 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

I found that generally the more free stuff and gimmicks a game needs to throw at their playerbase, the worse that game is... they basically need to do this to keep them from leaving lol. I think that speaks volumes for WoT's right now and just how much "fun" it is to play for the casual gamer that tries it and discovered how horribly imbalanced, unfair and toxic a gaming experience it is.

With WoWP, while it's playerbase is undoubtedly smaller, I feel it's playerbase play it for the love of it and fun within it, avid warbird fans generally speaking. Sure, it ain't perfect, but then again what PvP game is? So far as PvP games go and in particular, a WG offering, I've found WoWP to be the most balanced of the 3 "World of...." titles, and having played it for the last few months I've come to really enjoy it myself.

To be fair, it's a very generous game anyway. My Christmas wish would be the opportunity to acquire some of those rare camo's from events or wherever they came from and for more and more icon aircraft to keep being added to the game across the course of a year, tech tree or premium, both preferably. The graphics are already tasty enough and the act of just shooting down airplanes still hasn't become old to me... dropping a few bombs and firing a few rockets on occasion isn't half bad either. 

Finally you're making sense ;) Inasmuch as I can't say anything about WoWP among all three titles (I touched WoT only very briefly, long time ago), I do agree with the other points. The community here is rather dedicated, and although it has two definite 'wings' of those that enjoy the game itself and those that enjoy bashing it for what it was or what it could be, it's still dedication. The forum doesn't reflect it properly, as the active forumites are but a very tiny fraction of the playerbase and many, many players don't visit. Also the visual side is really satisfying, and for me personally is one of the main factors that keep me playing. As you say, act of sending stuff down in flames never gets old - and those flames are oh-so-pwetty, and the explosions are pretty, and smoke, and lighting, and raindrops on the windscreen, and oh, oh, oh... When not played competitively, when treated casually, this game is pleasant, simply put. I know veterans who sometimes forget they are in battle and just fly around admiring the sights (even though we've seen it all thousands of times already). Even if stale when it comes to new content like planes, the offering is still pretty rich. So many iconic planes to choose from, and - putting aside all the simplifications and outright falsification of historical performance - enjoy taking for a ride, sure bring a smile to many a face, right?

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

GreenCamel #19 Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:18 AM

Airman Basic

• 576 battles
  • [TSP] TSP
Too disappointing

Marcellus_Hungaricus #20 Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11888 battles
  • [MS] MS

"It's only the first part of our winter celebration! Follow our updates in January for even more presents."

So, more stuff will coming, TRIALS means there are 3 parts of this winter event, this the first. I'm hoping for a mini-marathon for a premium, and/or maybe a special nation's equipment will come down the pipe.

Edited by Marcellus_Hungaricus, 18 December 2020 - 01:09 PM.

"Never give up, never surrender."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users