Winter Trials

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Horcan #21 Posted 19 December 2020 - 11:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6983 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

2018 was last year that we saw a special with new designed interface, with that ladder of rewards, and the reindeer commander. Last year and now seems only regular design interface, which makes me believe the game is in its final form, and no other development is being done to it other than some clone planes every now and then, probably a 30 minutes work for a crew of maximum 2 people that seems to still work there ( which most likely are assigned to other projects and do this as extra work ) , since not even a bug was fixed during the past year and all we had were rerunning of old events, with mostly same rewards.

Im curious how long it takes until my post is deleted and i win my warning point for non-constructive behaviour.

Retired from this censored BS forum

Hann084 #22 Posted 20 December 2020 - 09:33 AM

Airman Basic

• Conquest Member
  • 1882 battles
  • [VTEPS] VTEPS

Oh yes, enjoy the game. It's just a shame it's full of bugs. Your machine freezes when you resurect and I could list more. Let's not even talk about the 3x multiplier. I only play 1-2 rounds a day, but letting the mm win 1 time in 7 days is very festive (13/14 lost ?!?! ) .... Not to mention putting players with less than 40 hours against the 500+ players. (45% winrate vs. 65-80% ???) There's a lot of discounting on everything, but if the game don't let you develop anything, then what's the point ???

Going back to previous posts, this game is really starting to look like WOT and that's not good !!!

GonerNL #23 Posted 20 December 2020 - 05:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 13644 battles

View PostHann084, on 20 December 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

but letting the mm win 1 time in 7 days is very festive (13/14 lost ?!?! ) .... 

I sometimes wonder who are the people that continually win ?? Because I've got the same win/loss experience lots of times ...

TungstenHitman #24 Posted 20 December 2020 - 08:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3964 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 20 December 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

I sometimes wonder who are the people that continually win ?? Because I've got the same win/loss experience lots of times ...

I think some guys called apart classic and some invader from Mars... but they're well known for rigging the MM by playing well and actually learning how to play the game. That's a well known cheating method in the "World of" series. I tried to report them for obvious hax but it doesn't seem to work. 

Horcan #25 Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6983 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
Looking forward for that quit battle fiesta for those 15 wins....for a crate...
Retired from this censored BS forum

n0_f4k3 #26 Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:28 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4072 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Try to report the name and shame stuff here.I bet it will work!:facepalm:

It's not about
Win or lose
Because we all lose
When they feed on the souls of the innocent
Blood-drenched pavement
Keep on moving though the waters stay raging

apartclassic #27 Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 27526 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostTungstenHitman, on 20 December 2020 - 08:40 PM, said:

I think some guys called apart classic and some invader from Mars... but they're well known for rigging the MM by playing well and actually learning how to play the game. That's a well known cheating method in the "World of" series. I tried to report them for obvious hax but it doesn't seem to work. 

That's actually a valid point. I apologise for being blunt, but 'git gud', folks. The game is more complex than it seems; one can win by flying well (which implies knowledge of planes, either by experience or by research on forum and game's Encyclopaedia), by knowing at least basics of game's mechanics (and there is a lot about it on forum, explained in many ways and various aspects), playing in flights (that's what clans are for, and voice communication), and - though personally I do not fancy this method - doing things like splittiering aka anchored flights or statpadding with meta planes. There are no cheats, there is no MM rigging, and there is knowledge necessary to overcome both mechanics and particular plane's weaknesses. If one decides to ignore any of that, well...

*and no, I am not going to share my cheats! I have flown something like 45k battles since 1.0, without disclosing them - why should I spoil the magic now? nope, nevah, j'aime!*

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

n0_f4k3 #28 Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:05 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 4072 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
May you share your cheats on skynet for bitcoin?

It's not about
Win or lose
Because we all lose
When they feed on the souls of the innocent
Blood-drenched pavement
Keep on moving though the waters stay raging

maxram68 #29 Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:08 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 5726 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postn0_f4k3, on 21 December 2020 - 10:28 AM, said:

Try to report the name and shame stuff here.I bet it will work!:facepalm:

It will probably work just as well as the "Idle/bot" reporting option in a battle, mate. 

...or...something....  :amazed:

blindfoId #30 Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:14 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postblack_knightPT, on 17 December 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

hmm, did I missed it or there's no bonus on plane XP to free XP convert this year?

can't even remember when was the last time we got one :(

It's only the first part of our winter celebration. Please follow our updates in January for even more presents.

The first part of Winter Trials is not the only thing prepared for the holiday season. Festive Hangar, Holiday boxes and some other treats are on the way! :honoring:

Edited by blindfoId, 21 December 2020 - 11:20 AM.

Marcellus_Hungaricus #31 Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10522 battles
  • [MS] MS

View PostblindfoId, on 21 December 2020 - 11:14 AM, said:

It's only the first part of our winter celebration. Please follow our updates in January for even more presents.

The first part of Winter Trials is not the only thing prepared for the holiday season. Festive Hangar, Holiday boxes and some other treats are on the way! :honoring:

Nice, nice, good to hear (read)!!! :great:

"Never give up, never surrender."

zgubny #32 Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14612 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 21 December 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

A festive hangar ! Cool to hear (and read !!!)

30 Great Merry Christmas Gif

TungstenHitman #33 Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3964 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Would it be hard to add something funny into battles like some randomly spawning "Evil Santa" or Grinch that's stolen Santa's toys that, should a player successfully shoot down, gets some random crate of goodies? :great: Maybe that would take too much work though. Still.... 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 21 December 2020 - 12:28 PM.

nitemare_gary #34 Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2892 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

Festive Hangar, Holiday boxes and some other treats are on the way! :honoring:

Ok, now I'm really excited. I honestly wasn't expecting this after last month. Holiday boxes, not a massive surprise, but I can't wait for a festive hanger!

I will be following the news updates very, very, eagerly.:honoring:

Edited by nitemare_gary, 21 December 2020 - 02:46 PM.

Like the top post on this topic>http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599                                Status: Currently blasting aircraft in time to loud alt 80s hits -

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:        Outcome: Will be late - 

RoyalFlyingCorps #35 Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 18509 battles

So, unless I've missed something, there's no Christmas Special this year, not even a simple set of missions for a plane like there was last year.  I'm not excited by the prospect of a festive hangar and other unspecified treats.  The holiday boxes, if they're like last year's boxes, are certainly not for anybody deep into the end game.

Waiting until January for "presents"...at the best there's something good coming that the WoWP team couldn't quite get ready in time for Christmas, cf. the failure to introduce improved graphics in World Of Tanks a few years back.  I'll pin my hopes on that.

However, as things stand it's not likely you'll see me in the game over the Christmas period.  I wish each and every one of you, and your families, a pleasant and peaceful time.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 22 December 2020 - 07:10 AM.

TungstenHitman #36 Posted 21 December 2020 - 08:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3964 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I thought there was a discount on camo from today? Don't see it in-game though...

Aimless #37 Posted 21 December 2020 - 08:30 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 5538 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 December 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

I thought there was a discount on camo from today? Don't see it in-game though...

That's for tomorrow.

Does anyone know btw what these rockets are for? Call me stupid, I even think I've asked that before already... :hiding:

TungstenHitman #38 Posted 21 December 2020 - 08:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3964 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Ah thanks, just hanger slots today. At a glance it looked like they were all lumped together(and should have been really)

TungstenHitman #39 Posted 21 December 2020 - 08:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3964 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostAimless, on 21 December 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

Does anyone know btw what these rockets are for? Call me stupid, I even think I've asked that before already... :hiding:

It appears to go in the first consumable slot and I would assume that you press the 1 key to launch them.

Who needs to heal a badly injured pilot or extinguish a fire when the far more pressing matter is to launch some fireworks at the enemy.

Vladinir_Shotitov #40 Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8013 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

I just assumed they were to supplement the credit-stash for those that need it - they can be sold in the Depot for 2,000 blats a 'pop' (see what I did there...?)

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users