• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

nitemare_gary #41 Posted 24 December 2020 - 10:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2892 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 23 December 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

I doubt there is significance in those times.

That sign confused me in 2018.

I logged in at those times back then, and nothing happened. It's probably just decoration.

Like the top post on this topic>http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599                                Status: Currently blasting aircraft in time to loud alt 80s hits -

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:        Outcome: Will be late - 

Marcellus_Hungaricus #42 Posted 24 December 2020 - 03:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10662 battles
  • [MS] MS
What confuses me is if there are any meanings to those ice-sculptures (besides the obvious Twin-Stang) especially the covered one, or they're just for deco? :rolleyes:

"Never give up, never surrender."

zen_monk_ #43 Posted 24 December 2020 - 03:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10765 battles
  • [__] __

View PostMarcellus_Hungaricus, on 24 December 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

What confuses me is if there are any meanings to those ice-sculptures (besides the obvious Twin-Stang) especially the covered one, or they're just for deco? :rolleyes:

At least once IIRC it was for stages of the event, in this case four. Each brought something: an emblem, skin, xp/gold and finally plane.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

sxlpsyko #44 Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:22 PM

Airman Basic

• 6189 battles
  • [LVF] LVF
  • A bug due to which the first supply crate received on the account was opened automatically has been fixed.

This fix don't work with Holiday supply crates :child::facepalm:

blindfoId #45 Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:41 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postsxlpsyko, on 28 December 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

• A bug due to which the first supply crate received on the account was opened automatically has been fixed.

This fix don't work with Holiday supply crates :child::facepalm:

It appeared that the problem remained for crates recevied from Premium Shop deals, however the issued has been fixed already. :honoring:

zgubny #46 Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14751 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Blindfold :

2. Marseille Medal description and actual conditions were different. You needed to destroy 17 aerial targets in a winning battle without dying at all (it worked in 2 ways: either you have only one sortie in the battle or you meet the requirements in your _last_ sortie), though actually it should work like other medals of this type (in a single sortie) - if you get 17 kills and your aircraft is destroyed after that (plus you win the battle) you still get the reward as you've met the requirements (destroying destroying targets in a single sortie).

I still don't get the point : a single battle and a single sortie are two different things ... In my hangar it's written in a single battle and i've just made 17 kills + victory so where is this medal ?

Best regards .

TungstenHitman #47 Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4166 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

The only possible issue with Marseille's medal is the winning part.

A player can bag an ACE(or A s s if you're German lol) for dropping in 20 or more kills during a battle regardless of the result or how many times they get killed along the way to accumulating that 20+ kills, which imo makes a Marseille the more lucrative medal since dropping in 17 straight kills without dying is harder and the required number of kills isn't really that many less than 20, and yet a player will not get this medal if they don't win which imo suggests the outcome of every single battle is 100% in the hands of each individual player to win or lose and that they aren't playing good enough if they lost which is just laughable at times.

zgubny #48 Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14751 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 December 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

-There is updated information on the loading screen.
-A festive New Year Hangar has been added.
-A New Year's emblem has been added, which can be obtained by completing holiday missions.
-A bug due to which the birthday gift emblem could not be installed on Chinese aircraft has been fixed.
-Display of emblems in the combat mission interface has been fixed.
-A filter for completed combat missions has been added to simplify navigation.
-The conditions for obtaining the Marseille Medal are now in accordance with the description in the game client.
-A bug in the model of the RB-17's gunner has been fixed.
-The chance of getting to the Cold Peak: Cornerstone of Control map layout for Tier VI – IX aircraft has been decreased.
-The visual design of the experimental equipment icon has been changed.
-A bug with the render of the F5F aircraft has been fixed.
-A bug due to which the first supply crate received on the account was opened automatically has been fixed.

The conditions for obtaining the Marseille Medal are not in accordance with the description in the game client cause in the game client it's written : in a single battle , in the profile web page it's written in a single sortie ...

TungstenHitman #49 Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4166 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Well, in my game client it's clearly stated as how it is, in a single sortie and not anything else. Unless of course you mean some other section of the game client?

zgubny #50 Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14751 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 January 2021 - 09:39 PM, said:

Well, in my game client it's clearly stated as how it is, in a single sortie and not anything else. Unless of course you mean some other section of the game client?

In my game client it's written a "battle" and not a sortie so we don't have the same description . My game client is in French and it's written a "Bataille" and not "sortie" ..

Thanks a lot for the screenshot .

TungstenHitman #51 Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4166 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

No probs. I'm wondering if possibly you might be having the same issue I had recently whereby missions appeared in Russian. As it turns out, I needed to clear my WoWP cache. 

I had no idea how to do that nor the thought to even try such a thing but a couple of our beer bellies told me to try it when we were on Discord a week or two ago and hooked me up with some cache clearing download which was just a tiny little bit of software and it clears the cache in... .001 of a second or something like that lol. After that, my mission descriptions were back to normal in English along with any such faults so give it a try if you haven't already done so.

Mourny will give you the download if you meet him on Dis. Just be careful he doesn't give you some nudes of Pinky by mistake :P If you've already done all that and the fault remains then it's something else obviously.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 10 January 2021 - 09:10 PM.

zgubny #52 Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14751 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 January 2021 - 10:09 PM, said:

No probs. I'm wondering if possibly you might be having the same issue I had recently whereby missions appeared in Russian. As it turns out, I needed to clear my WoWP cache. 

I had no idea how to do that nor the thought to even try such a thing but a couple of our beer bellies told me to try it when we were on Discord a week or two ago and hooked me up with some cache clearing download which was just a tiny little bit of software and it clears the cache in... .001 of a second or something like that lol. After that, my mission descriptions were back to normal in English along with any such faults so give it a try if you haven't already done so.

Mourny will give you the download if you meet him on Dis. Just be careful he doesn't give you some nudes of Pinky by mistake :P If you've already done all that and the fault remains then it's something else obviously.

I don't have the issue with missions which appear in Russian but i know it's related to the cache yeah . I have no bugs , the problem is that they made a mistake in the translation ... In my profile webpage it's clear " 17 kills + victory in a single sortie"  but in the game client it's written "in a single victorious battle" ... 

and it's weird cause in French a battle is "une Bataille" but a sortie is still "une sortie" ... never mind , i know it's their fault , thanks for your help dude .

Edited by zgubny, 10 January 2021 - 09:37 PM.

blindfoId #53 Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:18 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postzgubny, on 10 January 2021 - 11:57 PM, said:

In my game client it's written a "battle" and not a sortie so we don't have the same description . My game client is in French and it's written a "Bataille" and not "sortie" ..

Thanks a lot for the screenshot .

It looks like the French localization is a little bit incorrect. Thank you for the report. :honoring:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users