Possible 82E model bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

apartclassic #1 Posted 26 December 2020 - 12:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 27939 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

I have met several of the new F-82E in battles now, and I believe the model is bugged. At least on my machine and with my config, it is not drawn properly. Depending on camera angle and zoom level (but NOT distance to target per se), there is only part of the plane rendered on my machine. It is repeatable, I paid attention to this both in live battles and in my replays. I realise it might be solely on my PC, or restricted to certain hardware/software configurations, but I am reporting it in case it's a universal issue. I apologise for screenshot spam in advance, but it's to show clearly what I mean - at certain angles/zoom levels only the middle part of fuselage renders, wings and tail are not drawn:

In here, although the plane is closer (so theoretically should be drawn in fuller detail, like in the picture above), camera angle changes and the model is again only partial:

Even here, at point-blank range (where there should be a fully rendered model), it's still displayed wrong:

As I said, I did my best to verify it in live battles and in replays - the issue is repeatable. To prove it's about angle/zoom, another pair of screenshots, from a different battle. This is a frozen frame from a replay, the only thing that changes between them is the level of zoom and possibly a slight change of angle; distance to target is constant:

versus

It is mostly a 'cosmetic' bug, as it only displays the model wrong. However, given that it also happens at close and very close ranges, specific to direct combat with this plane, it is bordering on an unfair advantage. The plane is suddenly harder to spot and aim at. What is being rendered is still smaller than most planes, making aiming much more difficult (I can not test if the hitbox is also affected, though I suspect it's not). In this manner it's sort of a cloaking device, present at random, giving unfair advantage to the person flying 82E :)

Should more details be required, like my machine's or drivers specs, please contact me via PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

RoyalFlyingCorps #2 Posted 26 December 2020 - 11:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20146 battles
Thanks for identifying that the Romulan cloaking device is bugged.  You shouldn't be able to see the plane at all!

Finitan #3 Posted 31 December 2020 - 05:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1489 battles
  • [ICE] ICE
I confirm this bug. Saw the same in game.

GonerNL #4 Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14168 battles
I think this bug also affects the XP-58 ... when it is shot down, the horizontal stabilizer disappears. I'll try to get screenshots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users