• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

zen_monk_ #41 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11256 battles
  • [__] __

View Post0berhessen, on 13 January 2021 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yeah of course, this is just a "snapshot" but as soon as more players come in, your rating will drop.

Wich means you have to keep on playing to hold your score..

You're a bit wrong there. On the weekend, with an infux of weekend-only pilots who will make 4-5 games in total, your possition will rise on it's own.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

0berhessen #42 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6658 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 January 2021 - 09:19 AM, said:

You're a bit wrong there. On the weekend, with an infux of weekend-only pilots who will make 4-5 games in total, your possition will rise on it's own.

Not so sure about if i´m wrong, will check this afternoon.

You wrote after 2 battles you had place 446 - thats what i mean with snapshot, because that position is the current position of all players who took part of the event so far after 17 hrs.

But there are still 4 days to go, that means in the upcoming days you have to keep on playing to hold or maybe even improve your rank.

Otherwise players that have more time, will outstrip your position in ranking.

As i said, will check this afternoon and i´ll keep an eye on it.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

zen_monk_ #43 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11256 battles
  • [__] __

I will play 3-4 games daily and keep that possition. Then the weekend-only players will arive and flood the lower percentage level, pushing the low-mid and mid up.

Wait till Saturday. Look at your score in the morning but don't play. Then look at lunch time - you will be up.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

fuzzy_noob #44 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:31 AM

Senior Airman

• 528 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 13 January 2021 - 10:07 AM, said:

that means in the upcoming days you have to keep on playing to hold or maybe even improve your rank.

Otherwise players that have more time, will outstrip your position in ranking.

What do you buddies want anyway ? Those who already have all the planes in the hangar, or at least all the ones that interest them, need an incentive to keep playing this game. Now there is a goal (whether it is worthwhile or not, everyone must evaluate according to their own standards) and now you complain that those who play a lot and have a lot of time to play will logically be in front in the ranking.
I don't understand you guys. If you don't care about your position in the hall of fame, then you shouldn't care about your position in this weekly ranking system. But those who were looking for a new motivation to play continuously have found it now.
Why are you complaining so much about this event? With the very limited programming resources that WG still provides for this game, a more sophisticated event is probably not even feasible.

Please - give noobs a Chance !

andrew3142 #45 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12076 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 January 2021 - 10:22 AM, said:

Wait till Saturday. Look at your score in the morning but don't play. Then look at lunch time - you will be up.

Sorry Zen but I don't follow this logic - since position is based on total PP, if you don't play, you can't go up the rankings - even the worst weekend warrior will overtake you if they play enough games (Which was Max's point earlier in this thread)

RoyalFlyingCorps #46 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20710 battles
I was waiting for Zen to explain that, but I think he's too busy with his twin beauties (the tier VIII Mustangs, that is).

zen_monk_ #47 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11256 battles
  • [__] __

Rankings are based on total PP. So far we are ranked in the environment of regular players - if i had 4 games daily with ~10k average I'll be positioned somewhere ~400-500. But when the weekend-only players come and flood the space of 4-5k total, the more of them are down there, more will our 40-50k be valued. In percentage.

It happened before, I've felt it. Saturday morning I was placed ~500th. Only looked at the score, haven't played at all, then started to play after lunch - woooah, I'm ~400th.

Edited by zen_monk_, 13 January 2021 - 10:52 AM.

0berhessen #48 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6658 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

View Postfuzzy_noob, on 13 January 2021 - 10:31 AM, said:

What do you buddies want anyway ? Those who already have all the planes in the hangar, or at least all the ones that interest them, need an incentive to keep playing this game. Now there is a goal (whether it is worthwhile or not, everyone must evaluate according to their own standards) and now you complain that those who play a lot and have a lot of time to play will logically be in front in the ranking.
I don't understand you guys. If you don't care about your position in the hall of fame, then you shouldn't care about your position in this weekly ranking system. But those who were looking for a new motivation to play continuously have found it now.
Why are you complaining so much about this event? With the very limited programming resources that WG still provides for this game, a more sophisticated event is probably not even feasible.

It is all about fame and honour you know...

And in my understanding a ranking means a contest between good players.

Really i don´t care about the prices at all, but it would be interesting where am i and my performance in the game comparing to all the other gamepilots that are around.

Therefor i asked for a different way to look at a players performance in this kind of event.

Well it seems this rating is not made for how i and maybe too maxram and some others understood an event rating in general.

One more thing:

Forget the Hall of Fame, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, the first places are taken by players that play either constantly low tier - so called sealclubbers and/or constantly play Tier 10 Bombers

If you have fun with the event play it.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

andrew3142 #49 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12076 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 13 January 2021 - 10:48 AM, said:

I was waiting for Zen to explain that, but I think he's too busy with his twin beauties (the tier VIII Mustangs, that is).

Yeah - he kicked my a$$ yesterday!

TungstenHitman #50 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5572 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 January 2021 - 10:22 AM, said:

Then the weekend-only players will arive and flood the lower percentage level, pushing the low-mid and mid up.

That literally makes no sense. A player cannot ever gain places simply by new casual weekend players joining, how the F does that even make sense lol?

If you are lets say, currently in 500 place during the current time with regular players, there are clearly 499 players currently with a better score than you. How does a sudden influx of new, low scoring players elevate you higher than those that have clearly already got a higher score than you? And it won't because it's a ridiculous comment. 

zen_monk_ #51 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11256 battles
  • [__] __

Oh, the previous was the percentage of players :hiding:

Anyways, you should be fine here with 3-4 normal games per day, that's all.

RoyalFlyingCorps #52 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20710 battles
I'm not sure that would be the case for period I.  If you want the equipment across all three periods I think you're going to have to play 15-20 games a day.

Taiho53 #53 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5363 battles
  • [INDIV] INDIV

View Post0berhessen, on 13 January 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

It is all about fame and honour you know...

And in my understanding a ranking means a contest between good players.

Really i don´t care about the prices at all, but it would be interesting where am i and my performance in the game comparing to all the other gamepilots that are around.

Therefor i asked for a different way to look at a players performance in this kind of event.

Well it seems this rating is not made for how i and maybe too maxram and some others understood an event rating in general.

One more thing:

Forget the Hall of Fame, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, the first places are taken by players that play either constantly low tier - so called sealclubbers and/or constantly play Tier 10 Bombers

If you have fun with the event play it.

Well, this event should probably not be called "ranking", as it is - already pointed out - nothing but a grind event for those being able to spam most number of battles played. BUT - for WG AND weaker players there is nothing wrong with this. With this format more battles are played, i.e. more human players are available. And weaker players have the chance to somewhat negate better player's performances, as for a single 10k PP battle they can throw in some 3-4 battles with 3k-4k PP each.

Back in the days when I was a very bad player (now at least a bit better) I would have welcomed such a format in many events as it gives weaker players (at least theoretically) the chance to get a good place by "brute force".

Now, as for some serious ranking, I agree with you that any format which examines the average performance of a player will most likely be the best choice. Set a fixed number of battles which will be counted over a certain timespan (e.g. at least 50 battles over two weeks) and count only the best 50 battles (to stay with the example) out of the battles played by this player in this timespan. This way still the odds will favour players which invest more time (as these can more easy negate bad results) but will generally give a better picture who's playing better.

Honestly spoken there should be some further restrictions such as prime times (odds to rule a battle are vastly different based on "when" you play) and restrictions on tiers (all players must play same tier, perhaps even same class?), just to name some.

But for the purpose of crowding the game, the current format isn't wrong, "sad" to say (from my personal point of view, as I will not have time and will to spam battles). So be generous and leave fame and prizes to either "not so good" folks ... or tryhards, which will be always out there. It would be great if at least some new players (and there are quite a lot of them currently) will be willing to stay with the game.

houghtonbee #54 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:31 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8781 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Seeing a lot of nameless 'players' in the bit where your ranking is shown with the player above and below you. Checking their battle results shows they have some sort of history but still no username.... bit weird....

0berhessen #55 Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6658 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 January 2021 - 12:01 PM, said:

Oh, the previous was the percentage of players :hiding:

Anyways, you should be fine here with 3-4 normal games per day, that's all.

ok meanwhile i tried:

made 4 battles mid tier (1st place score 745905 after almost 24 hrs - not mine lol)

after 2 battles: place 2112

after 3 battles: place 1151

after 4 battles: place 822

3 battles high tier (1st place score 1065975)

after 2 battles: place 1040

after 3 battles: place 1048 LOL

checked back on midtier after 3 high tier battles i dropped from 822 to 854

you guys have fun, for me its a waste of time:honoring:

the pressure from the alotflying pilots is higher than the weekend warriors pushing you up - believe me

Edit: Two hrs later: my position at Period II dropped to 1000 (from 854) while the topscorer is now at 851590

Position on Period III seriously raised to 941? WOW - Topscore still 1065975

@WG Instead of "Winter Ratings" you should call it: "play as many battles as possible to get all the prices ratings"

This is so NOT fun unbelievable

Edited by 0berhessen, 13 January 2021 - 07:23 PM.

AngryChilli #56 Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 24927 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

what a fail event................

And what has 24/7 gaming to do with rating ???

its only a New chance where the statistic junkies with thier Bomber/heavy formations Trash T10............

Edited by AngryChilli, 13 January 2021 - 05:24 PM.

"Mobbing verbindet, 9 von 10 haben Spaß daran"

Angry Chilli (1982- open end) Warplanes Junky seit Nov 2013

AngryChilli #57 Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 24927 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Let us all gratulate the winner of this event (on High Level),  Mr.icanflyonlyBomber Frantiiiiiifant :medal:

"Mobbing verbindet, 9 von 10 haben Spaß daran"

Angry Chilli (1982- open end) Warplanes Junky seit Nov 2013

GonerNL #58 Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14702 battles
Where is that "Dont like this" button when you need it ... :sceptic:

praashek #59 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8152 battles

I have read all the comments and what I want to say is: this event is really NICE one.

Just look at it - the conditions are set to reward so many participants, that I cant believe how can some of you be so pissed off by them :)

0berhessen #60 Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6658 battles
  • [RFSL] RFSL

View Postpraashek, on 13 January 2021 - 07:57 PM, said:

I have read all the comments and what I want to say is: this event is really NICE one.

Just look at it - the conditions are set to reward so many participants, that I cant believe how can some of you be so pissed off by them :)

Just look at the description for winter "ratings" https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/winter-ratings-2021/

"Over the next four weeks, prove yourself in battles against other players"

And i ask you where is the competition, if some - or lets better say: always the same pilots, can spam between 50-70 battles a day just to be topscore and hold their position in the top 30?

Really man, they spend an average of 10 effing hours for 750 Gold and GOA?

Thats a complete working day including the time to get to work and back home!

If you need gold you can buy the tenfold amount for 27,45€ in the premium shop.

This event is completely sick as it has zero competitive proportions.

There is absolutely no "prove yourself in battles against other players".

It just shows who is able, or better is sick enough to spend so much time in front of the computer, thats not a privilege, its a serious disease and i feel pity for the top30 pilots, they should go and ask a doctor.

And on top i call wargaming responsible for creating such kind of event in always the same manner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users