Update 2.1.4

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

blindfoId #21 Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:20 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostDocHartkeks, on 17 February 2021 - 05:58 AM, said:

Is there anything we know about that "Stalwart emblem" that was mentioned in the news text?

View PostGonerNL, on 17 February 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yeah, what is a 'special combat mission' ? Is that the same as the 'chain of combat missions' for getting the pilots ?

• A new Stalwart emblem has been added. It can also be obtained by completing the special combat mission.

This emblem will be available as a reward a little bit later. Please follow the news on the official portal :honoring:

Fr_Sciroppo #22 Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:37 AM

Senior Airman

• 1119 battles

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 13 February 2021 - 12:59 AM, said:

I had a look at the shop.

It has beeen a while since last time I bought something, however I was courios about any news.

I am happy to see Polish planes , Israelian planes, Czech Planes.... And NOTHING belonmging to the Italian air force.

Planes like the CR 32 /42 were real. So were the Macchi. But apparently no onterest in bringing them in the game.

Fine for me. 

Wallet close for longer time. 

Yeah, not having italian planes is a bummer, still if you're lucky you can have the Ba.27 Metallico from crates . It's the only italian plane available as of now (it's in the China tech tree, China was the only country actively employing it in battle).

Mind you it's not that great, but I still love it.

I am not expecting a full tech tree, but who knows, maybe  WG devs will introduce some italian premium planes, at least. I'd say the market is there. I, for one, will happily "whale out " on anything italian.

Edited by Fr_Sciroppo, 17 February 2021 - 10:40 AM.

Bendersvk #23 Posted 18 February 2021 - 07:47 AM

Senior Airman

• 2349 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET
For 4 years since version 2.0, we want the game to be optimized and still nothing. It would be definitely attract more players. So optimized the game and fix bugs and everything will be ok. It may not pay off for you, but it the game does not go smoothly from a technical point of view, then there will never by many players. :coin:

Edited by Bendersvk, 18 February 2021 - 07:52 AM.

apartclassic #24 Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28439 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostBendersvk, on 18 February 2021 - 07:47 AM, said:

For 4 years since version 2.0, we want the game to be optimized and still nothing. It would be definitely attract more players. So optimized the game and fix bugs and everything will be ok. It may not pay off for you, but it the game does not go smoothly from a technical point of view, then there will never by many players. :coin:

The game as a whole can not, it seems, be optimized - the people who wrote the original code are gone, and noone can deal with the old code :) However, some maps (e.g. Burma) were optimized over the years, and the difference is noticeable. It also seems there are inherent limitations of the engine used by WG - do keep in mind the game is 8 or more years old, it was written for much older machines; also, being a PC title, it shares the common problem of such software, namely the inability to make it run equally well on the myriads of possible hardware configurations (especially if you mix it with exotiq laptops, state-of-the-art contemporary stationary powerhouses, typical home desktops etc). In general, newer machines just brute force the game, having more computing power than it was accounted for when writing the code. My rig, which is already getting old, is running at rather stable 140-180 fps, even if it crashes occassionally - whereas my original machine which I used for years, was struggling to go above 25fps (and the Burma map was especially painful, dropping to 6-8 fps habitually).

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Frantiszek_ #25 Posted 18 February 2021 - 11:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 37909 battles
  • [D-FJ] D-FJ
If I play at 40-50 fps I can do something, but often - especially in events, playing heavy or other planes than bombers or GAA becomes impossible. You just jump in the game, you can't hit anything. I play on a laptop. Overall not bad, but you see WOWP too weak. My daughter plays tank and she's OK. My son plays Forthight or CS and doesn't complain either, aye, I have a problem. Sorry, I can't afford to spend some 4,000 Euro on a computer to play nice.

GonerNL #26 Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14586 battles

View PostFrantiszek_, on 18 February 2021 - 12:57 PM, said:

I play on a laptop. Overall not bad, but you see WOWP too weak. My daughter plays tank and she's OK. My son plays Forthight or CS and doesn't complain either,

An expensive PC won't help. 

I get the impression that Wowp is very sensitive on the connection quality. I regularly get high ping and packet loss which makes Wowp unplayable while the rest of the family has no problems ...

Can you see on your router what the up- and down-stream values are ?? Or check network activity on your own laptop in taks manager.

Frantiszek_ #27 Posted 18 February 2021 - 01:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 37909 battles
  • [D-FJ] D-FJ

I have a new modem for internet TV. Speed 600mb. There is an internet cable connected to the laptop. The modem itself gives Wi-Fi for TV and phones. I'll do a test right away.

Edited by Frantiszek_, 18 February 2021 - 01:12 PM.

GonerNL #28 Posted 18 February 2021 - 04:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14586 battles

Download looks a bit high ... somebody streaming video or downloading updates ??

I've had that several times, there is software  (Windows, Adobe, Steam games ...) that just decides that it's time to get the latest update and just starts. When I see this on the router I usually walk downstairs to ask if people can check their taskmanager ...

RoyalFlyingCorps #29 Posted 18 February 2021 - 05:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20589 battles
Whereas I just pop onto the router and remove their reservation.

Vladinir_Shotitov #30 Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9359 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Block Quote

Whereas I just pop onto the router and remove their reservation.

Careful... remember who's going to pick your care home when the time comes!  They might remember these little gestures :(
For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

RoyalFlyingCorps #31 Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20589 battles
They might also remember who writes my will. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users