Marathon for the Unique Pilots

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Horcan #21 Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7442 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

I dont mind grind that much as i do the medal on demand type of mission or a specific action, like rocket kill or kill certain planes, as it tends to frustrate me, because every game that i fail it ( especially close ones ) for me represents just wasted time, since i now spend a lot more time playing other games than WG ones than i did few years ago. Also rewards are not tempting at all, maybe for new players but for someone like me that have 100+ millions credits and thousands each calibrating parts, you have to come up with something a  lot better to make it tempting. I will probably give it a try if it runs smoothly since there is quite some time available, but with a WoT marathon also running, there are all the chances to skip it half-way. Two pilots that i might fly one battle every two months wont be a big loss.

PS: why do people find killing 5 heavies hard to achieve? I find it really easy especially at low tiers and at late hours. Ofc , you need to fly high from the start and focus those bots, but all you need to do i sdisregard the objectives one game and just head for a spawn camp.

Edited by Horcan, 15 February 2021 - 04:55 AM.

Retired from this censored BS forum

RoyalFlyingCorps #22 Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20616 battles

View PostHorcan, on 15 February 2021 - 04:50 AM, said:

[A]ll you need to do i sdisregard the objectives one game and just head for a spawn camp.

The one reason certain missions on these marathons are loathsome.

blindfoId #23 Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:38 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostMarcellus_Hungaricus, on 14 February 2021 - 06:30 PM, said:

Question #1:

Will the missions run simultaneously?:unsure::B

No, you have to choose one. However you can switch between the missions and your progress will be saved. It works pretty much like the Vampire and XP-55 missions: only one is active but you can switch between them. 

zen_monk_ #24 Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11212 battles
  • [__] __

@blindfoid

What's the ETA for Certificates?

thank you

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

blindfoId #25 Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:51 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 15 February 2021 - 12:18 PM, said:

@blindfoid

What's the ETA for Certificates?

thank you

You can't skip combat missions during the marathon this time, which means there are no certificates. However, bundles with the pilots themselves will be available today around 11:20 UTC.

zen_monk_ #26 Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11212 battles
  • [__] __
Thank you :-)

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

GonerNL #27 Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14601 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 15 February 2021 - 09:38 AM, said:

It works pretty much like the Vampire and XP-55 missions: 

It works exactly the same ; my XP-55 mission became unavailable when I started a pilot mission ...

RoyalFlyingCorps #28 Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20616 battles
And my Vampire mission also became unavailable...which is amusing since I acquired the Vampire many moons ago.

TungstenHitman #29 Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5424 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 14 February 2021 - 01:06 PM, said:

Please change the Kozhedub requirements while these missions are still early. It's a purely situational achievement as others have mentioned and not something we can really play for before and just happens really. It requires 5 kills after the squall line and many battles don't even reach that point.

If there was no time limit on these pilot missions, then it wouldn't be a problem but I feel with so many players overlapping with the same interests, it's just going to turn ugly. If you take a look at WoT's newer marathon format, there's two paths to take to achieve each mission, easy and hard. If this were applied to WoWP then this same mission would be achieve a Kozhedub as the "hard" path but would also feature an easier albeit very grindy alternative path. Just worth considering. In any case, I feel having very situational missions is only going to lead to match manipulation by flights of players purposefully dragging the duration of a battle by throwing sectors etc in order to achieve this medal and for solo players to basically leave battles where a squall line isn't on the cards along with that mission for "Kill 5 HF's in a single battle" in which if there's only 1 on the enemy team a player will leave as not to waste time unless they unrealistically consider killing the same HF 5 times during a battle lol. 

praashek #30 Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8152 battles
This is first event I am skipping. I mean really skipping.

houghtonbee #31 Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:12 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 8716 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Have to agree with Tungsten, that requirement needs changing. I've played 8-10, games today and not one of them had any feasibility of Kozhedub being achieved, all finishing before or just after the squall line kicks in.

zgubny #32 Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15526 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostExhall, on 14 February 2021 - 04:45 PM, said:

Kozhedub as a requirement is very bad. Most matches don't even reach the squall line. Having to brick your performance to stretch the game out is not fun. See also: Week 4 of the previous event.

Overall if you leave the battle after 1 minute of gameplay , if you don't like this game please don't play it  and go annoying people elsewhere ...

https://imgur.com/B97lL3K<a href='https://i.imgur.com/B97lL3K.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>https://i.imgur.com/B97lL3K.png</a>

Edited by zgubny, 15 February 2021 - 07:13 PM.

Exhall #33 Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 8216 battles
You forgot to recount your trolling in chat. I had better things to do than listen to your BS, thanks. If you want to annoy people, then *you* can do it somewhere else.

Edited by Exhall, 15 February 2021 - 09:16 PM.

zgubny #34 Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15526 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostExhall, on 15 February 2021 - 08:49 PM, said:

You forgot to recount your trolling in chat. I had better things to do than listen to your BS, thanks. If you want to annoy people, then *you* can do it somewhere else.

I said : cover Marauder 79 or i kill you all after using "F4" which indicates to the "BOTS" who they have to cover , as for the humans they cover who they want but "YOU" were out once YOU finished BASHING someone in the red team ...

Just in case YOU forgot this ... And this was after more or less 1 minute or 2 of gameplay , so YOU didn't take it personnaly as YOU only left because someone else than me made YOU ragequitting ... lol

Edited by zgubny, 16 February 2021 - 12:11 AM.

TungstenHitman #35 Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5424 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posthoughtonbee, on 15 February 2021 - 06:12 PM, said:

Have to agree with Tungsten, that requirement needs changing. I've played 8-10, games today and not one of them had any feasibility of Kozhedub being achieved, all finishing before or just after the squall line kicks in.

Well it's just going to be a total kick in the balls and a nasty roadblock at the end of what's a long road of grinding and battle count as a marathon would dictate. For me that final mission's just a needlessly unfair ask for players that I feel really do deserve a more straight forward and achievable flight path to see them over the finish line.

By comparison, the Japanese pilots final mission is to achieve Lambert medal which is bagging 400 capture points with a MR in one sortie(don't die during that 400 cap points basically) and while that's by no means an easy task it's certainly something a player can get their teeth into from the very start of a battle and focus on it whereas with a Kozhedub obviously that's not the case and a player has to wait and hope that and end-game scenario will manifest in which there's a squall line along with enough time thereafter in which to bag 5 kills asap... certainly not a mission that a player can go about achieving from the start of the battle and certainly a dark cloud to have hanging over our heads in a very time limited marathon for each and every battle from that final mission onward.

It would certainly be a horribly trollish and unfair way to not get what we set out to get when we took on this marathon, being the Pilot himself and I feel would really piz off players that fell short of achieving that just because of that single highly situational final mission requirement. So again I just urge our generally very helpful devs just to take another look at that one and switch it to something we can work towards from the start of a battle and perhaps achieve that little bit easier like a McGuire, McCampbell or Akamatsu. Basically something similar to the Japanese final mission. It's only early into the marathon so there's still time to switch that mission requirements and those that have already achieved that and completed the mission, Kudos, but spare a thought for the rest of us mere mortals.

TungstenHitman #36 Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5424 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzgubny, on 15 February 2021 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostExhall, on 15 February 2021 - 07:49 PM, said:

Gents, lets let what happens in a battle stay in that battle and just move on please. It's just a single battle amongst many and really doesn't matter a damn in the greater scheme of life, nobody died. Besides, nobody's perfect and most of us get triggered on the back of a series of unfortunate scenarios and trashy MM etc, so no need to have a stab at each other over things that are more of a reflection of bad game design than anything else.

DocHartkeks #37 Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7045 battles
  • [-EIS-] -EIS-

Got that Kozhedub now two times since the mission went active, but dont needed it yet. I guess when i reach that point i need it, so it wont come. Was always that way.

The idea to put that Kozhedub achievement into this missions wasnt a very nice move. But maybe it was a clever one. Who will ever know. :sceptic:

Whats a really sad thing is, seeing players throwing away the match to get those missions fullfilled. Hunting other planes across the map, dont going to defend or attack when needed and so on.

Thats sad, really.

Edited by DocHartkeks, 16 February 2021 - 06:32 AM.

ASharpPencil #38 Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6103 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

So basically this >> https://eu.wargaming...pecials/19780/ 

will skip the marathon ? 

RoyalFlyingCorps #39 Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20616 battles

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wowp/specials/19780/

I'm not sure your link is working, so there's one I hope will.  Basically, yes; if you buy any of these bundles then upon playing a single battle the pilot or pilots should appear in your barracks.  That said, the marathon missions and all the small rewards for completing each stage will still be available to you.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 16 February 2021 - 10:12 AM.

ASharpPencil #40 Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6103 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

With my kids using the PC for school from morning till evening... Since school is close :(

I got time for less then 4-5 games a day.

So it might be the only way to get the price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users