apartclassic #61 Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28545 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postzen_monk_, on 18 February 2021 - 01:49 PM, said:

:teethhappy:

Sometimes it comes as a total surprise:

Edited by apartclassic, 18 February 2021 - 09:01 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

zen_monk_ #62 Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11212 battles
  • [__] __
Draw... meh.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

apartclassic #63 Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28545 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postzen_monk_, on 18 February 2021 - 02:05 PM, said:

Draw... meh.

Am I detecting jealousy nevertheless? ;)

Adamorr #64 Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7384 battles
  • [_UN_] _UN_
In IL-40P !!! Congrt

Edited by Adamorr, 18 February 2021 - 02:41 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #65 Posted 18 February 2021 - 05:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20616 battles
Obviously you're not aware that APartClassic flies his IL-40P at 6,000 feet and dive bombs with it.

Marcellus_Hungaricus #66 Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11732 battles
  • [MS] MS

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 18 February 2021 - 05:09 PM, said:

Obviously you're not aware that APartClassic flies his IL-40P at 6,000 feet and dive bombs with it.

Watta?! Lol I know the P.1102 B can go up and destroy an entire bomber-flight, but cruising with an Ilyushin way above it's optimal altitude is freakishly interesting/awesome.

"Never give up, never surrender."

apartclassic #67 Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28545 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostMarcellus_Hungaricus, on 18 February 2021 - 08:31 PM, said:

Watta?! Lol I know the P.1102 B can go up and destroy an entire bomber-flight, but cruising with an Ilyushin way above it's optimal altitude is freakishly interesting/awesome.

Well, hold my beer:

zen_monk_ #68 Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11212 battles
  • [__] __

View Postapartclassic, on 18 February 2021 - 03:07 PM, said:

Am I detecting jealousy nevertheless? ;)

Nope, it's pure hatred for your scores.

:)

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

apartclassic #69 Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28545 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

Ekhm - dear WG, are you really sure this is how a Japanese female pilot looks like? Also, why is Akira-chan so shy - she doesn't appear on the tarmac next to her plane...

Marcellus_Hungaricus #70 Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11732 battles
  • [MS] MS

View Postapartclassic, on 18 February 2021 - 10:39 PM, said:

Ekhm - dear WG, are you really sure this is how a Japanese female pilot looks like? Also, why is Akira-chan so shy - she doesn't appear on the tarmac next to her plane...

She has to disguise herself in that male-centered society. Although it won't be easy with those nice-sized tits...

"Never give up, never surrender."

RoyalFlyingCorps #71 Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20616 battles
Well, at least she'd had a shave.

hardy9z9 #72 Posted 19 February 2021 - 12:41 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9352 battles
  • [JG-GA] JG-GA

It looks like they have only copy and paste the images from Charlotte. Bad work from lazy devs :amazed:

Look at the pictures from the valkyries and compare:

Charlotte:

Posted Image

Mary:

Posted Image

Marina:

Posted Image

Edited by hardy9z9, 19 February 2021 - 12:57 PM.

TungstenHitman #73 Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5424 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 14 February 2021 - 01:06 PM, said:

I will make a few requests or suggestions for this Russian pilot to mull over. 

Happy with the pilot but I feel one or two aspects of his skills and what they replace could be better served BUT, maybe the devs have a valid reason for it.

Main Skill.(LA-5 only) or Mastery?

Overall the only real benefit is the +10% damage from weapons. The +25% boost... well... it sounds good and all that but of course light fighters don't really have anything much for boost time so +25% of little is very little lol, like +2 seconds or something like that so I feel +50% would have been more noticeable. I'd certainly rather the +10% maneuverability the Japanese pilot gets, it's still a light fighter after all. Also, the skill it replaces, Engine Guru 1, I find that a poor choice tbh. When "The usual" light fighter skill are all chosen and a player eventually finds himself with a couple of "spare" skill points, sure, there are options, and while the LA-5 certainly isn't a 109 neither is it a low alt Japanese turny thoroughbred either. It's more of an in between really and as such, having a +3% engine power for 2 points would be a nice little boost. Surely one of the bomber skills could have served as the sacrificial lamb in this case since well, it ain't carrying bombs or rockets lol, and will hardly miss that skill. But perhaps there was reasons? Not an over powered thing surely?

Secondary Skill.

So the only difference here is a +10% AA dmg reduction, the 20% fire resistance is the same as the normal skill. A couple of points about that.

(1) +10% AA really isn't going to make any difference to a light fighter it just doesn't have the HP and generally when it gets hit by an AA it gets one shot killed so ok, maybe for some instances and in conjunction with the camo reduction it might save the odd "close call" but generally a % reduction of getting hit with a nuke really makes no difference. Something more for a bomber perhaps or a big meaty aircraft, not much use for a T6 light fighter... maybe that 1 in 100 battles and you scrape an escape with 2 hp remaining or something.

(2) The skill itself. Maybe this is personal preference thing, fine, but I would generally only take the fire skills AFTER all the turn and important light fighter skills are taken so just like the Japanese pilot, I would have loved something that improves maneuverability instead or cools down the guns or extends the gun range etc. Finally, the actual skill it takes, again, perhaps a personal preference thing here but I would think of that fire skill more applicable to a bomber, GAA or HF. Light fighters however are obviously the most nimble aircrafts in the game, like the matadors having to face the bull, so if I take a fire skill it would be the FF skill, which very quickly puts out a fire for extreme axis maneuvering and this makes sense because it's something a light fighter will be doing even unawares to the pilot. Chances are strong that when a light fighter gets set on fire, he is turning back sharply against this target or already in a turn fight or extreme maneuver and thus the fire is almost automatically extinguished. But regardless of this I still just feel the +10% less AA damage is just a really poor choice for a light fighter and most players I dare say would have much preferred skills much the same as the Japanese pilot for weapons and Maneuvering.

I hope you consider this and perhaps just make the Russian pilot skills the exact same as the Japanese pilots. This would be excellent. That's my opinion but I think most light fighter players would prefer this also.  

BonfFol #74 Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:12 AM

Senior Airman

• 1925 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 February 2021 - 10:39 PM, said:

So the only difference here is a +10% AA dmg reduction, the 20% fire resistance is the same as the normal skill. 

err ... i thought Pavlov's skill was about decreasing risk of fire, not about decreasing fire damage/duration.

can you please confirm ?

RoyalFlyingCorps #75 Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20616 battles

You're right, BonfFol.

https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/unique-pilots-feb-2021/

That replaces the standard skill:

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 20 February 2021 - 10:49 AM.

TungstenHitman #76 Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5424 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBonfFol, on 20 February 2021 - 10:12 AM, said:

err ... i thought Pavlov's skill was about decreasing risk of fire, not about decreasing fire damage/duration.

can you please confirm ?

Indeed. That wasn't the point though, the point was that I think most would have preferred their light fighters to get the same bonuses as the Japanese pilot which is a +10% to maneuverability, which is a BIG gain and what light fighters are all about regardless of their light vs light differences along with a +10% gun range which again, is a pretty hefty gain for a light fighter and especially when you consider a maxed out ultimate long barrels for HF etc is +18.2% and for that it must take a hefty gun burst reduction which this Japanese light fighter doesn't in fact it also gets a +10% gun burst lol!

This was my main points and also that the fire skills and AA damage reduction tends to be down the list of importance for a light fighter skillset build and when a fire skill does get chosen for a light fighter, it's actually the other one, the Fire Fighting skill which ties in perfectly with the agility and extreme axis maneuvering of light fighters which as such, tends to extinguish any fires as a bi-product of dog fighting. 

The most ironic part I feel of these pilots, is that their skills would be better served if they were swapped! The Russian LA-5 has a pretty good base fire resistance figure of 72 whereas the typical Jap tinderbox fighter has a really poor fire resistance rating of 30... so the Russian doesn't really need the fire chance reduction whereas the Japanese really does! Also, the Japanese A6M5 already has overkill levels of maneuverability, that's it's "thing" so once that's specialized with all the bells and whistles it really doesn't need an addition +10% maneuverability, arguably wasteful and pointless since nothing else can live with it anyway BUT, the Russian fighter while no slouch, certainly would stand to really benefit from that +10% maneuverability a lot more than the Japanese fighter! So I just feel the skills need another look at along with the points I already made in the above post about what skills they have replaced for some etc That's my opinion of course, but ya, the fire skill gain is regardless and besides the point. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 20 February 2021 - 11:33 AM.

BonfFol #77 Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:14 PM

Senior Airman

• 1925 battles

Thanks.

I hear you. This is roughly why i called this pilots value "debatable".

But then, when I took a second look at Pavlov i had another idea: i thought this guy could hopefully significantly help my flying pyres russian planes Yaks by mitigating/removing one of their weakness. This is why i'm pretending to grind him. Have no interest in him for La-5 wich i don't have and have no plan to get in near future.

His mastery skill uses up the Engine Guru slot, wich imo Yaks do not need.

His secondary skill uses up Fire Resistance skill, wich uses up a 1 point skill that Yaks will not take anyway. And unlike Akira's, this is not removing the Marksman slot.

Since I haven't seen a post about this, maybe this is a complete garbage potato idea because I'm still a noob in Warplanes ...

RoyalFlyingCorps #78 Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20616 battles

As I bought the pilots it doesn't actually matter for me, but on the last leg of the marathon for the Russian pilot, the requirement for the Kozhedub, here is my day:

• 23 battles fought.
  • 15 did not reach the squall line.
  • 8 reached the squall line.
  • In 7 of the latter 8 there was zero chance of obtaining a Kozhedub.  I died once and in the other 6 the number of aircraft left was too small, or they were too widely dispersed, or the game ended well before the last two minutes had elapsed.
  • In the one game where there was a chance I killed 4 aircraft, but couldn't reach the sole remaining enemy in time to get the medal.

You know how it is.  When it doesn't matter you'll get 5 Kozhedubs in a row, but a 4% chance today? - well, it's a good job I already have the pilot.

SvenC333 #79 Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 11181 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 22 February 2021 - 05:35 PM, said:

As I bought the pilots it doesn't actually matter for me, but on the last leg of the marathon for the Russian pilot, the requirement for the Kozhedub, here is my day:

• 23 battles fought.
  • 15 did not reach the squall line.
  • 8 reached the squall line.
  • In 7 of the latter 8 there was zero chance of obtaining a Kozhedub.  I died once and in the other 6 the number of aircraft left was too small, or they were too widely dispersed, or the game ended well before the last two minutes had elapsed.
  • In the one game where there was a chance I killed 4 aircraft, but couldn't reach the sole remaining enemy in time to get the medal.

You know how it is.  When it doesn't matter you'll get 5 Kozhedubs in a row, but a 4% chance today? - well, it's a good job I already have the pilot.

Same here. Last week as it doesnt count I got 2 Kozhedubs in 2 days. Now that I needed it I got about 30 games without it over the weekend. Got 4 times 4 planes down, but then ... very frustrating :(

RoyalFlyingCorps #80 Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20616 battles
Now 33 games, no further chance of a Kozhedub.  That's 1 game in 33 today where there was a chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users