Aces High

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:28 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Two unique fighters are heading straight for your Hangars! Prepare bunks in the barracks!

Full news text

Taiho53 #2 Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5246 battles
  • [INDIV] INDIV

One shy question - are the missions for the marathon (aka rewards) still available upon buying one of these pilots in the shop?

(Of course I cannot get the pilots twice, understood).

GonerNL #3 Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14215 battles

Yep, you can still do the mission.

Just got the Japanese ace and mission is still available. Not a clue what happens if/when you complete it ...

Oh btw ; there is a slight delay. The pilot only appears it seems after playing a battle ...  :unsure:

Edited by GonerNL, 15 February 2021 - 12:05 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #4 Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20226 battles
For anyone who may not follow the WoWP team's intent here, basically for the equivalent price of the gold in the bundles you get some supplies and a "battle mission" for a pilot (or pilots if you buy the big bundle).  The "battle mission" is to play one battle and when you do the pilot or pilots should appear in your barracks, as GonerNL says.  The marathon missions are still available, so you can get the rewards for each stage you complete.  One assumes if you complete a set of missions for a pilot you will not receive the main reward since, unless the WoWP team has made a mistake, you can't be rewarded with a pilot you have already.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 15 February 2021 - 12:08 PM.

zen_monk_ #5 Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10908 battles
  • [__] __

WG, please take note: when you say Aces High Bundle, it does not say "Both pilots".  Only stipulated gold, battle missions and unique supplies.

Is it a simple PR blunder? (sure it is, but please confirm)

Edited by zen_monk_, 15 February 2021 - 12:27 PM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Taiho53 #6 Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5246 battles
  • [INDIV] INDIV

View Postzen_monk_, on 15 February 2021 - 01:25 PM, said:

WG, please take note: when you say Aces High Bundle, it does not say "Both pilots".  Only stipulated gold, battle missions and unique supplies.

On the German website it tells "one battle mission for each pilot" .... should be fine, shoudn't it?

Missions are listed directly beneath - play one battle to get the pilots ...

GonerNL #7 Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14215 battles

The problem is that there were no notifications at all, after buying the bundle.

So how should I know what the missions were ?? There even are 2 .. second one (boosters?) also completed unknowingly ??

BUNDLE CONTENT
5,000 GOLDBONUS 
2×PERSONAL BATTLE MISSIONS

DETAILS
This bundle includes 5,000 gold that will make fighting on your favorite aircraft even more enjoyable! In addition, you will receive a personal mission completing which you will get an exclusive Japanese pilot trained for the Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero fighter! You will also receive boosters for Crew XP! Missions can be completed from the moment of bundle purchase till March 1, 2022.

Edited by GonerNL, 15 February 2021 - 12:34 PM.

zen_monk_ #8 Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10908 battles
  • [__] __

View PostTaiho53, on 15 February 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

On the German website it tells "one battle mission for each pilot" .... should be fine, shoudn't it?

Missions are listed directly beneath - play one battle to get the pilots ...

After all these years with WG, one learns that "goes without saying" is not a right way to make transactions with them :) A simple 'Both pilots and...' is needed there.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Taiho53 #9 Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5246 battles
  • [INDIV] INDIV
Hmmm, to me all was clear ... anyway, I love these "box-opening" bugs ... 1st box is auto-opened and if the 1st visual dropping box contains any premium time, you'll get stuck within blue clouds ... (if any further box contains premium time, no problem, it is only the 1st visual dropping one ... maybe that helps, Blindfold?)

GonerNL #10 Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14215 battles

The boxes are acting 'normal' and you can see in the notification list that they were received and one was opened.

The gold is also added (I checked account before buying)

But what about the missions ??

The personal mission for the pilot is also more or less explained ... but what about the second mission ?? For crew exp ?? You only see the marathon missions, nothing about 'personal battle missions'.

Checked and got 20 crew exp boosters after one battle. So the 2 'personal battle missions' are just playing 1 battle.

Edited by GonerNL, 15 February 2021 - 01:26 PM.

Taiho53 #11 Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5246 battles
  • [INDIV] INDIV

View PostGonerNL, on 15 February 2021 - 02:12 PM, said:

The boxes are acting 'normal' and you can see in the notification list that they were received and one was opened.

But what about the missions ?? The personal mission for the pilot is also more or less explained ... but what about the second mission ?? For crew exp ?? You only see the marathon missions, nothing about 'personal battle missions'.

Is stated in the description in the reward part - play one battle and you receive the pilot(s) plus the crew XP boosters (10 per single pilot, 20 for both pilots).

Boxes acting "normal" ...lol, yes, of course. I was just stating it as I noticed from yesterday and today that at least the "clouds-bug" only come when the 1st visual box contains premium time. Maybe that helps to finally fix this bug (one attempt was already made some 2-3 patches ago ...).

That the 1st box is auto opened is annoying but as you say you can see the content in the notification list. But ... the clouds bug erases that list, so the content of at least one chest becomes more or less unknown ...

Edited by Taiho53, 15 February 2021 - 01:27 PM.

blindfoId #12 Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 15 February 2021 - 03:25 PM, said:

WG, please take note: when you say Aces High Bundle, it does not say "Both pilots".  Only stipulated gold, battle missions and unique supplies.

If you mean the page in the Premium Shop, there's a description that specifies: "A personal mission completing which you will get two exclusive pilots trained for the Lavochkin La-5 and the Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero fighters is also included! You will also receive boosters for Crew XP!". Technically you receive the pilots and boosters upon completing the missions (play a battle) from the bundle. 

In any case of misunderstanding it's always worth checking the dedicated article on the portal, we try to include every possible detail in it :)

View PostGonerNL, on 15 February 2021 - 04:12 PM, said:

But what about the missions ??

The personal mission for the pilot is also more or less explained ... but what about the second mission ?? For crew exp ?? You only see the marathon missions, nothing about 'personal battle missions'.

Checked and got 20 crew exp boosters after one battle. So the 2 'personal battle missions' are just playing 1 battle.

The second mission (also play a battle requirement) contains Crew XP boosters.

View PostTaiho53, on 15 February 2021 - 04:02 PM, said:

Hmmm, to me all was clear ... anyway, I love these "box-opening" bugs ... 1st box is auto-opened and if the 1st visual dropping box contains any premium time, you'll get stuck within blue clouds ... (if any further box contains premium time, no problem, it is only the 1st visual dropping one ... maybe that helps, Blindfold?)

You seem to be correct, the blue sky usually appears if you receive some Premium Time from the crate when you have not active premium time at the moment: the Hangar changes to the premium one and it can cause a problem.

Regarding the first box opening automatically, we fixed it on our side some time ago, but it appeared that there were some problems on the Premium Shop side. They are being investigated at the moment. :honoring:

blindfoId #13 Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:45 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostTaiho53, on 15 February 2021 - 03:02 PM, said:

One shy question - are the missions for the marathon (aka rewards) still available upon buying one of these pilots in the shop?

(Of course I cannot get the pilots twice, understood).

Absolutely correct. All rewards are still available, except for the pilots themselves of course. You cannot have two identical pilots. :)

Taiho53 #14 Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5246 battles
  • [INDIV] INDIV
Thanks a lot for fast response :)

GonerNL #15 Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14215 battles

View PostTaiho53, on 15 February 2021 - 02:27 PM, said:

Is stated in the description in the reward part

Ah OK, I see now, in the web site news article !! 

I would have expected something in the game, in "specials and missions" list.

GonerNL #16 Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14215 battles

And Akira is awesome !!

Maneuverability went to 112 on the A6M5 with only advanced lightweight equipment. Maybe put Japanese special project stuff on it ? 

You also notice the guns hitting harder. More damage, burst length and range ...

Edited by GonerNL, 15 February 2021 - 02:14 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #17 Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 20226 battles
Only 112?

Even well short of maximum configuration I'm in the 120s... :)

Obbi #18 Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:32 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 6757 battles

having to go into forums to get "clear" answer is getting real tedious real fast.
most if not all questions here wouldn't even been asked if the description in the marathon/mission/pack/bundle was clear from start.

don't know how is that that hard but hey i guess it's working as intended. just like opening supplies and getting stuck in the clouds, having to restart the game, writing ticket to get information what we got. 
i am also very exited for the part where i buy an opportunity to do *edit: some mission and get "a chance" to win something in a time limited deadline. thank you so much..

Edited by Obbi, 15 February 2021 - 06:09 PM.

blindfoId #19 Posted 15 February 2021 - 05:16 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostObbi, on 15 February 2021 - 07:32 PM, said:

i am also very exited for the part where i buy an opportunity to do marathon and get "a chance" to get something in a time limited deadline. thank you so much..

I'm sorry but what ecaxtly do you mean? Marathon for unique pilots is free and already available in the game. 

Obbi #20 Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:09 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 6757 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 15 February 2021 - 05:16 PM, said:

I'm sorry but what ecaxtly do you mean? Marathon for unique pilots is free and already available in the game. 

you are right. i misspoke and have corrected myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users