65 replies to this topic

paradigmshift #61 Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5826 battles
  • [DRON] DRON

View Posthoughtonbee, on 24 February 2021 - 06:32 PM, said:

Xp58 all the way imho.

After some thought I have taken the XP-58. I did some spec runs on the T7 iL-10 and I think that could be just as good as the iL-10M, without the 20% uplift of course. I have the iL-20 already so no lack of GAA.

Also since it have the DH Vampire (quoted as the best t8 fighter) I don't need another turn fighter yet. XP-58 is more fun that Me 262 which I do like but XP-58 feels like its missing something like a bomb or some rockets. It does move well though. Took apart an iL-10M with 5 shots.

Thx all.

Discontinued #62 Posted 22 March 2021 - 11:22 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3476 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I love watching enemies shooting ground targets with a spitfire when I'm in a heavy fighter, it just feels like shooting fish in a barrel!

"May cause the explode problem"

Fenrisian #63 Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 675 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I get to fly Spitfires 

houghtonbee #64 Posted 03 April 2021 - 07:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8731 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

getting 5 team mates who were all outscored by bots, never seen anything this bad before :D

drakkanax #65 Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5980 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

I like a lot about the game. Planes. Flying places, scenery in maps. Making META plays. Making NON/ANTI META plays. Experimenting.

Respawning is a major part of it. You get to be killed multiple times when you're doing it wrong. Failing multiple times is a major part of learning. Maybe that's the best thing I like in this game. It's far from perfect or complete in any aspect.

The point that it's not World of Tanks is very much valid. I like WoT but it tries to be complete and fails at it all the time. this game doesn't try and it's less frustrating as it also fails. I think WoWP has the better approach.

What I hate about the game:

- Major bugs: non registering shots, poor multiplayer synchronization, massive lag streaks. WoT did have similar issues with the old engine, but since the CORE engine was implemented it's much better. So it's supposedly "architectural" issue. Sadly WoWP is not being invested in so it's unlikely to move to the new(er) engine, and if WoT team failed to fix it in the old WoWP likely won't to better if they even are allowed to try.

- Little details: bad translations(I do understand Russian).. You can't see reload times of bombs/rockets until you actually equip them... because nobody cared for little things like that.

- Minor bugs.. frustrating ,but don't really matter.

Overall the game is very good in my book. I'm more annoyed that the things that need fixing are so small and are not being fixed. And I myself am experienced programmer and software architect so I know the scope of the issues that I have mentioned. Not easy, but not that big either to be unsolved for many years.

P.S. I don't agree with people on the forum that take every criticism as a denial of the game. If the game wasn't good and liked, nobody would bother reporting issues or criticizing it with any substantial effort, let alone register on a forum to do so. Me included.

apartclassic #66 Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28645 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postdrakkanax, on 05 April 2021 - 11:46 AM, said:

P.S. I don't agree with people on the forum that take every criticism as a denial of the game. If the game wasn't good and liked, nobody would bother reporting issues or criticizing it with any substantial effort, let alone register on a forum to do so. Me included.

It's quite natural, humans do like to polarize, right? If someone says anything good about WoWP, immediately the label of 'fanboy' appears. If someone dares to criticize, it's rejected (or makes a starting point for people trying to outbid the OP with their criticism). Black and white is easier to live by. It's also misplaced more often than not; it makes me laugh when I get the honorary 'fanboy' title despite everything I wrote about splittiering, bombers, technical issues etc. Selective perspective ftw, I guess.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users