• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Discontinued #21 Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCheefCoach, on 16 February 2021 - 11:38 AM, said:

It might seems like stat padding, but in fact bombers are optimal choice to win tokens. Some of that is throw daily missions, of which many requires ground targets, and most of them requires wins; other is throw direct medals that are easy to achieve in high tier bombers. Attack planes use to do same job, but bombers don't have problem that attack planes does, and that is another human in attack plane who plays unsportsmanlike and goes after you. 

When I get a daily that say destroy x amount of ground targets or AA I reroll it "fighter man is like Karate man we bruise on the inside" 

This person is something else playing 20 30 battles in tier 9 with a bomber all day is not doing his dailies....that guy will get special attention from Disco at some stage he is a lowlife

Which is yet another thing I love about this game the ability to reroll dailies 

I did actually unlock the tier 10 RU bomber and remember it being pretty devastating but after a while it gets a bit boring and creates in me a "map hyper awareness" that makes me stress when I see my team acting like a bunch of second rate nincompoops. This is why I also stopped playing Arty in WOT

I'm thinking I might uninstall WOT for a while truly bored of that gambling machine, most of these Tanker guys struggle badly with planes, and can barely achieve 45% wins  in this game "because its too 3D"  which is another thing I like ownage 

"May cause the explode problem"

CheefCoach #22 Posted 16 February 2021 - 01:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 9206 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Insulting players won't make this game better place. If person wants to specialize t9 bomber, or unlock t10, it have to play bunch of battles each day. On the last event, bombers were optimal choice. In any case, there is no rule against playing with favorite plane. 

I knew a guy who mostly played IL40s and IL40Ps back in the day. He was older gentlemen and couldn't handle fighter. I know another who can't play high tier fighters, because of the high ping. People have their own reasons, and it might not be a win rate. 

I even remember the days when one couldn't play tier 9 or tier 10 with out of encountering flight of Me 262s or XF90s. And back then there were no bots in the game or respawns. 

Nothing interesting to write. 

Discontinued #23 Posted 16 February 2021 - 01:24 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 3467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I like wingey things 

My proposal for a new tier 10 

And new tier 1

Edited by Discontinued, 16 February 2021 - 07:50 PM.

Discontinued #24 Posted 16 February 2021 - 01:35 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 3467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Anyways lets not argue, one of the things i love about this game is that i will rebuy my tier 9 heavies taker revonge

Edited by Discontinued, 16 February 2021 - 07:51 PM.

Fr_Sciroppo #25 Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 1127 battles

I just love WWII planes and aviation history, I love that people here is not as toxic and aggressive in chat as in other games, I love the fact that I can play it even on my old laptop...and overall the game is somewhat fun and relaxing - maybe it's the arcade side of it ? I dont know -  even if there's a lot to learn when you start playing.

CheefCoach #26 Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 9206 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Resetting pilot skills. Loving that one. 
Nothing interesting to write. 

Discontinued #27 Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:03 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 3467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCheefCoach, on 16 February 2021 - 05:34 PM, said:

Resetting pilot skills. Loving that one. 

nice new spitfire avatar coach, i like it

Yes resetting without having to use gold is great!

Also polishing a turd of a plane and making into something evil 

Edited by Discontinued, 16 February 2021 - 07:26 PM.

Fr_Sciroppo #28 Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:28 AM

Senior Airman

• 1127 battles

View PostDiscontinued, on 16 February 2021 - 01:24 PM, said:

I like wingey things 

My proposal for a new tier 10 

What is that...thing ? It's an Italian plane  - a Caproni, if I read correctly - right ?

Discontinued #29 Posted 17 February 2021 - 11:36 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 3467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Yes you are right its a Caproni Italian plane 

the concept of having the prop inside makes some aerodynamic sense but it wasn't so successful because it had so much drag due to being underpowered and oversized 

Its ugly pretty 

another thing love about planes is that you can actually make them yourself even from a piece of paper 

making a model tank not only is a nightmare but unless it fires real ammo its just a toy whereas a model aircraft is a scaled down real plane (see flight of the phoenix, the original not the revolting remake) which you can control and requires skill and effort to get good at. Also you can make a plane just with a craft knife glue and wood or even foam board and old pizza bases

P.S don't believe what you hear about RC planes crashing all the time its codswallop I had around 1 minor crash a year which was usually landing gear related or a broken propeller but easily repairable with a drop of super glue. 

I actually used to crash on purpose now and then after two to three years with a plane, that way Mrs Disco would let me get a new one, Radio gear nearly always survives and you can get an airframe for £20

Edited by Discontinued, 17 February 2021 - 11:40 AM.

Finitan #30 Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1996 battles
  • [ICE] ICE

What do you love about this game?

--> you can't camp like in warships ....

--> more quick battle (you can play only 10 mn and do something)

--> permanent mission to get the premium planes

--> high chance to get doublons, premiums day or planes in unique crates each sunday, ok often low tier, but free

BonfFol #31 Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:00 AM

Senior Airman

• 1925 battles

Brings back sweet memories from a time when i was young, cute, slim, and wasting a lot of my evenings on this beauty

Attached Files

• Attached File   swotl.jpg   101.33K

houghtonbee #32 Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:02 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 8716 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBonfFol, on 19 February 2021 - 10:00 AM, said:

Brings back sweet memories from a time when i was young, cute, slim, and wasting a lot of my evenings on this beauty

It's predecessor Their Finest Hour was supposed to be a fantastic game, although I've never played it. I did have F19 Stealth Fighter on the Atari STe, that was a great game.

Fr_Sciroppo #33 Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:44 AM

Senior Airman

• 1127 battles

View PostDiscontinued, on 17 February 2021 - 11:36 AM, said:

Block Quote

Yes you are right its a Caproni Italian plane 

the concept of having the prop inside makes some aerodynamic sense but it wasn't so successful because it had so much drag due to being underpowered and oversized 

Its ugly pretty 

Yep ! So ugly that it becomes interesting, at least. Italian planes of that era are so interesting, those were the golden years of italian aviation I'd say.

Block Quote

another thing love about planes is that you can actually make them yourself even from a piece of paper 

I'd like to give RC planes a try. Don't know where to start tho.

Btw Disco, if you were playing on EU yesterday, at night, I think we were in a battle together. Well at least there was someone with this ign. You were in a flight ....using a HF ? Can't remember. I was playing (badly) in my Tomahawk iirc, which I'd like to specialize, and I just use it because...well.....Flying Tigers !!!! The shark thing !! 

And we won, although my contribution wasn't great

Edited by Fr_Sciroppo, 19 February 2021 - 11:44 AM.

McTorpe #34 Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11603 battles

View PostBonfFol, on 19 February 2021 - 09:00 AM, said:

Holasss.

I still love that game on DosBox.

Saluditos.

unseen_strike #35 Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 19470 battles
  • [LROLL] LROLL
I love this game but without server's problems as this morning :sceptic: