Elliot Millie: Loyal subject of the Queen

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Fr_Sciroppo #21 Posted 26 March 2021 - 05:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 1131 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 26 March 2021 - 02:48 PM, said:

Only light fighters count. You see, this type of aircraft is called Fighters in the game, so this mission requires you to destroy enemy fighters, not multirole or heavy fighters :) 

Got it. Thank you !

houghtonbee #22 Posted 26 March 2021 - 06:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8778 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postraketak_, on 26 March 2021 - 05:08 PM, said:

true is that I have only 2  Gabreski from 11k games.

but take HF (or multirole) with more bombs and focus drop bombs to small targets - then focus 10 kills and again focus small targets with new bomb load looks simply. At leas by writing :)

Beaufighter or Bleiheim looks ideal for this. Only you need survive and win. 

2, possibly 3, of mine were on the Blenheim. You need to be top tier though for the weaker ground targets, ideally on a map with 5 caps and airbases to replenish your hp. Use your first 4 bombs on aa guns or those 4 tent targets in the nearest garrison or airbase, 1 bomb each target. Then zoom up on light ada and nail a couple with luck. Climb away from danger and assess your next move. Pick easy aerial targets and replenish hp if an airbase is available. You want the 10 kills, or at least 7, done when your bombs have reloaded (2-3 mins I think), pick an empty cap zone and go again with bombs on soft targets before chasing ada or enemy bots. 

Part of the issue is you'll likely need to avoid mines, missile bases and command centres in order to avoid murderous low level aa guns and ground targets with high hp that need more than your lightish bombs and guns.

It's doable but you really need everything in your favour, being high tier, avoiding key zones, avoiding being focused by enemy bots and humans, etc. Too much of a pain in the arse for a pilot on one of the more rarely used ac, but at least the prior missions should yield prizes for most pilots.

Vladinir_Shotitov #23 Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9530 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Could we just concentrate on the fact that in the official WG illustration this Ellie person is clearly an impostor?  She's wearing a khaki shirt, a brown tie and a US-style jacket with weird collar dogs that are plainly (plane-ly?) rwong.  I know there are RAAF aircraft depicted in-game, but I've seen nothing from the SAAF (which would've been the closest contender for the weird 'uniform' choice).

I ain't doin' no missions to have some kinda mole sitting in the cockpit (I did not say box-office, despite the temptation to veer off into gender stereotyping...) of an RAF Tornado :hiding:

For Demokan, this forum's Little Prince - GL & HF in your very own P38F

zen_monk_ #24 Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11247 battles
  • [__] __

I hear you.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

apartclassic #25 Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28760 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

As to Gabreski requirement, it seems rare because most people don't think about getting this medal. It was a requirement in other missions as well, and when needed, people did get it. Multiroles are naturally best suited for the role, along with some HF (notably the Brit line, due to the amount of ordnance they carry - and no, one doesn't need the line done all the way up to t9, as the silver Beau at t5 is more than capable). Do not despair, there is going to be a lot of time, and once players do concentrate on getting the medal, it will happen eventually.

But then, of course, one might try and annoy everyone with stuff like that (wink wink):

Spoiler

Try, and you shall succeed :)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Vladinir_Shotitov #26 Posted 27 March 2021 - 12:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9530 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Do you know, apartclassic, that you can be very trying to us mere mortals sometimes? :amazed:

Chunkblaster #27 Posted 27 March 2021 - 01:49 AM

Airman Basic

• 461 battles
Hi, Massive noob here, uh.. where do i find the missions at to do them? I don't see them in the Specials and Missions tab, are there certain other prerequisites first to access "Combat Missions"?

apartclassic #28 Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28760 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostCommunity, on 26 March 2021 - 11:33 AM, said:

From March 29 to April 19, join the in-game activity to receive unique British pilot Elliot Millie!

View PostChunkblaster, on 27 March 2021 - 01:49 AM, said:

Hi, Massive noob here, uh.. where do i find the missions at to do them? I don't see them in the Specials and Missions tab, are there certain other prerequisites first to access "Combat Missions"?

You have your answer above - too soon :) It will show in Specials, iirc, as soon as it's deployed.

Edited by apartclassic, 27 March 2021 - 02:32 AM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Chunkblaster #29 Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 461 battles

View Postapartclassic, on 26 March 2021 - 08:32 PM, said:

You have your answer above - too soon :) It will show in Specials, iirc, as soon as it's deployed.

*facepalm* DUH crap, thanks

Edited by Chunkblaster, 27 March 2021 - 02:57 AM.

GonerNL #30 Posted 27 March 2021 - 10:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
Pfff, those 9 fighter kills is more difficult than it seems ... just got a Marseille and an Ace flying Ki-43-Ic, but only 4 kills were fighters !

Marcellus_Hungaricus #31 Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11850 battles
  • [MS] MS
For the 14th mission, - which one is probably a "need to buy certificates" :( for most pilots - you should give us a STEEL crate, but definitely a unique crate at least. :amazed:

"Never give up, never surrender."

pittrivers #32 Posted 27 March 2021 - 04:18 PM

Senior Airman

• 7232 battles

On the topic of Elliot Millie et al, why can WG not furnish us with some real pilots? As soon as the mission was announced, I (optimistically) googled the name.....needless to say, no wartime pilot herione with that name existed. So unless its down to data protection, copyrite, descendents permissions etc, why not have real pilots, with a factual and inspirational backstory? there are so many to choose from, with the current british mission, there would have been several female pilots, scores of Polish and other EU/ Allied pilots that flew British planes in the conflict. Im sure WG have good reason not to do this, but it seems like a missed opportunity to inform people and bring a little more realism to an otherwise awesome game. :)

P.S. I dont have a Gabreski either

Edited by pittrivers, 27 March 2021 - 05:10 PM.

Vladinir_Shotitov #33 Posted 27 March 2021 - 06:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9530 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Block Quote

there would have been several female pilots, scores of Polish and other EU/ Allied pilots that flew British planes in the conflict.

...er, no.  There was an organisation called the Air Transport Auxiliary, which ferried aircraft across the Atlantic and around the UK, that employed several women pilots, but none were trained for or employed as battle-pilots.  There was even a BOAC service, which flew unarmed Mosquito aircraft crewed by civilians between the UK and neutral Sweden - the commercial agreement to buy their ball-bearings continued throughout hostilities.

Another whinge - why is this fictional 'mole' character in WG's universe a 'loyal subject of the Queen'?  The UK was ruled by a King for most - if not all - the period covered by WoWP (ie until 1952).  Sure, there was a Queen (later known as Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother), but she was only the King's consort and did no ruling per se.

pittrivers #34 Posted 27 March 2021 - 07:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 7232 battles

I think most people knew all that, but that wasnt the point (and ive just read there were 168 ATA pilots, all with amazing stories to tell im sure)

PPS  after 3 tries in the Blenhiem F i now have my first Gabreski (lucky game, against lower tier and with airfields) so its perfectly achievable :)

Edited by pittrivers, 27 March 2021 - 08:04 PM.

CostasRemali #35 Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:32 PM

Airman Basic

• 13031 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

I have to note something very important:unsure:

The title should be "loyal subject of the king"

During WW2, George VI was king of Britain, Elizabeth II become queen in 1952

(Yes I know nobody cares) :)

Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban #36 Posted 28 March 2021 - 07:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11152 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

it should  be for king  as for the period.   we did not have a queen at the time ??

as costas said  

ps  being scot its queen Elizabeth the first  not the second  

yes she is  Elizabeth the second of England but NOT SCOTLAND 

Edited by Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban, 28 March 2021 - 07:03 PM.

Vladinir_Shotitov #37 Posted 28 March 2021 - 07:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9530 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Costas and Woolfie: I take it you didn't see the 2nd paragraph of #33 - and Woolfie, the UK defo did have a queen, as also mentioned there (just not reigning) :rolleyes:

As for Lizzie Mark 2 vs Mark 1 - it's probably Scots payback for England/Wales/Ireland not acknowledging the 5 earlier James's prior to the one that was installed in Westminster Abbey after Charles II shuffled off.

invader_from_mars #38 Posted 29 March 2021 - 08:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 16030 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 26 March 2021 - 04:25 PM, said:

Disagree, I've done dozens of Kozhedub amd only 5 Gabreski (2 of which were in consecutive games, strangely!).

Neither should be a mission requirement really.

So right! That Gabreski is BS, you HAVE TO focus the medal requirements, meanwhile your team is losing the battle...

and yes Kozhedub is way easier (39x easier for me) :sceptic:

pittrivers #39 Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:07 AM

Senior Airman

• 7232 battles
Vlad.... I have to say,  I LMAO at the 'Lizzie mark 2' comment.......Love it :)

pittrivers #40 Posted 29 March 2021 - 11:35 AM

Senior Airman

• 7232 battles
Well, after a good amount of personal points and no mission progress, i realise a have to activate the mission. WHY ON EARTH do we need to activate the bloody thing, its the only mission up ATM!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users