Elliot Millie: Loyal subject of the Queen

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

zen_monk_ #61 Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11226 battles
  • [__] __
Certificated out of unpleasant ones, of course.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

GonerNL #62 Posted 01 April 2021 - 05:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14621 battles

Funny that the lady pilots are look very lady-like, but black pilots suddenly turn white in the cockpit ...

Edited by GonerNL, 01 April 2021 - 05:39 PM.

Mehrunnes #63 Posted 02 April 2021 - 01:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 7372 battles

As soon as players reach a mission for 2 million damage dealt to ground targets, the consistently excellent and polished matchmaker begins serving up such battles. Totally pointless in my opinion, because the team that can play tag faster - wins.

Posted Image

Posted Image

But it has always been like that and it will always be like that in this game.

Edited by Mehrunnes, 02 April 2021 - 01:40 PM.

Sidus_Preclarum #64 Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7808 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 31 March 2021 - 12:35 PM, said:

And of course, just after skipping Paladin, this Happens :

Spoiler

>logged on this morning, telling myself that the objective of today was getting through the paladin mission of the event

>played a 109 E game

>Got Paladin

>Logged off.

View Postzen_monk_, on 01 April 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

Millie rocks :)

Spoiler

Well, her special skills seem no joke on paper.

Edited by Sidus_Preclarum, 04 April 2021 - 06:52 AM.

drakkanax #65 Posted 04 April 2021 - 02:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6001 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

Millie Elliot pilot is rather nice in game character, but somehow annoys me to no end to see how "she" is presented in the game.

First the name: It's Millie Elliot, not Elliot Millie. She's not supposed to be Japanese, Russian or Hungarian to have her family name in front.

Second the picture: Definitely not English looking. French, Russian, Irish would be passable, English not.

Third the description: "loyal subject to the Queen", there wasn't a Queen, but a King of England at that point of time.

Fourth the plane: Tornado was a prototype plane. It never saw combat. You can't attribute glory to a plane that never saw combat.

Fifth female pilot: There were female British pilots during WW2, but not in combat units. Definitely didn't fly the Tornado. Again it's fake glory as with the Tornado.

I know these are minor things, but they combine in such a fake, that I find the composition rather ugly. Which is fine! It's just a game after all, but it could have been made plausible with so little effort..  all of the points could have been made plausible. For example there were Female pilots flying the Mosquito(not in combat, but still)... and the Mosquito flew combat missions. so they could change a few words, a picture and the plane specialized and it would be actually plausible.

P.S. Akane Akira at least looks Japanese and the plane did see action.

BonfFol #66 Posted 04 April 2021 - 05:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 1925 battles

Your post reminded me one of the best british humor interview ever

Spoiler

drakkanax #67 Posted 04 April 2021 - 05:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6001 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostBonfFol, on 04 April 2021 - 05:08 PM, said:

Your post reminded me one of the best british humor interview ever

Spoiler

Good point, but then Elliot is a male name, usually ... Historically naming has been a lot less adventurous then it is now, which is exactly the point of plausibility.

Sidus_Preclarum #68 Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7808 battles

View Postdrakkanax, on 04 April 2021 - 03:13 PM, said:

Second the picture: Definitely not English looking. French, Russian, Irish would be passable, English not.
Oh come on, stop it with the "English people are fugly" stereotype :p

Edited by Sidus_Preclarum, 04 April 2021 - 06:31 PM.

houghtonbee #69 Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:30 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8761 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Kill 9 lfs in one game. Game after game against 2 enemy lfs.

Ridiculous.

apartclassic #70 Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28716 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Posthoughtonbee, on 04 April 2021 - 09:30 PM, said:

Ridiculous.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/54187-how/

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

houghtonbee #71 Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:02 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 8761 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postapartclassic, on 04 April 2021 - 10:34 PM, said:

Thank you.

That a player of your undoubted quality has to go to such lengths to complete the mission speaks volumes about how stupid it is. I dont mind a challenge but this is daft, designed to sell certificates though I suppose.

apartclassic #72 Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28716 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
I am very much inclined to agree.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

TungstenHitman #73 Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5530 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

There's plenty of time left to try. Personally I wouldn't give this game one cent, since that would feel like me endorsing what's clearly an atrociously bad yet easily remedied matchmaker system along with a few other toxic inclusions that have already been well documented. Playing the game entirely for free? Sure, and I that way I take the game as such and play it as such, can then not really complain about such matters but I ain't paying and if it goes under well, deservedly so, a pity, but hardly surprising.

So far as the Millie Cyrus goes, she's inferior to the Japanese pilot by a pretty large margin and so we have to weigh up her usefulness. Obviously we also look at the premium aircraft we can use her in more than the rarely seen Tornado she is allocated too. This would include European premiums too but automatically the Japanese pilot would make more sense so that really only leaves the UK premiums. Sure, a Spitfire and Vampire will be nice with her boosted skills but if you already have Jason Donovan then this Millie Minogue probably isn't needed.

I ground out that Tornado just prior to the event in anticipation and I can only comment this aircraft as a stock and with a mediocre pilot. All I can say is it's a fine aircraft, reasonably fun but probably the T5 Hurricane makes a bit more sense tbh. Generally there's reasons we see and don't see aircraft in battles regularly and that's usually a reflection of their strength. It ain't weak or bad but for sure MR's walk path between being too sluggish to dogfight successfully with proper light fighters and not powerful or fast enough or fly high enough or carry enough ordnance etc to do whatever you would do better with a heavy fighter instead so... with the Russian and Japanese special pilots for light fighters they were a bit more appealing as will the German heavy fighter pilot for that over powered tier 6 and also the US bomber pilot, they make more sense. There seems to be more depth in the Russian premium aircraft offerings too. 

Deal 2 million damage to ground targets, kill 9 light fighters, bag a Gabreski etc.. there's plenty of time left so if you actually care about getting this pilot(I certainly don't) then chill and just play away and see how far you get. If come the last day(which is actually the second last day because that's the way "aha aha" WG likes it) you need some tickets or tokens or whatever they're called, and you really want this pilot, then sure, maybe. But otherwise most these missions will happen. 2 million dmg to ground targets eventually whittles away, 9 light fighters in a single battle is easy if you just get a kind battle where you farm them with lets say... that over powered Japanese pilot with her A6M5 Zero that literally only another exact same spec Zero can beat or else a Spit 5 or a T4 vs T3 flight etc etc. The Gabreski? The only reason players don't have lots of them is because it's not a natural thing to play for but it's actually not that hard. In this game, we either focus killing aircraft or we focus killing ground targets, we don't focus both, at least not in that number of each. This is how it is, we don't generally focus both air AND ground targets all battle because our aircraft are generally designed specifically to destroy air targets or ground targets, and that's the only reason we don't have lots of them. BUT, if you actually focus on playing for it, it happens. Sure, you still need a few factors to manifest in a battle but it happens. Ask yourself if you actually care though. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 05 April 2021 - 12:02 AM.

zen_monk_ #74 Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 11226 battles
  • [__] __

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 04 April 2021 - 07:29 PM, said:

Oh come on, stop it with the "English people are fugly" stereotype :p

No national bias, they simply made her cartoonish.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                                   be centil and fair please and seriös

drakkanax #75 Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6001 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View Posthoughtonbee, on 04 April 2021 - 09:30 PM, said:

Ridiculous.

For mission 14 it was 20+ matches of only 2, both human, usually both specialized fighters... and usually 5 damn multi roles mostly bots. 2/3 of which on maps that are bad for this mission. Before I finally got a matchup on a good map with 2 bot fighters.

The problem with 2 human player fighters for this mission is that they get butthurt rather quickly and start avoiding you, running away from engagements or go AFK after you kill them a couple of times... and nobody ain't got time for that.

When I finally had a real chance to pass the mission the battle was 5 token... rank 1, WL, Marselle, Akamatsu, Khozhedub .. just to BARELY pass this mission. 

If you get 3 bots on a map with central airfield it should be relatively easy. I did not get such a matchup myself in two days.

houghtonbee #76 Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:58 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 8761 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Yeah I've had 3 games with 8 LF kills now, you need absolutely everything to fall into place, game that lasts more than 8 mins, dumb players/bot behaviour, not to be focused, enemy LF not to be focused. An utter arse of a grind.

houghtonbee #77 Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:14 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 8761 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Lol a game or two later and finally, FINALLY, it's done. Got 12 of them in fact. Everything fell into place, top tier, two teams slow to cap, airbase to refresh the hp pool, enemy LFs entering our middle airbase one by one, noone focusing me.

Onto Gabreski!

houghtonbee #78 Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:26 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 8761 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
And Gabreski earned first time of asking in a Blenheim, job done!

Sidus_Preclarum #79 Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7808 battles
By the infernal gods, I hadn't properly measured what 2M ground damage was, might as well rename this mission "spam the EF 131"

TungstenHitman #80 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5530 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Free

Spoiler

For

Spoiler

Me

Spoiler

Practice makes perfects. Tried for the Gabreski requirements with a few various aircraft just before the event. I don't have a big aircraft collection, even fewer that were viable for that medal and like most players I had never got this medal before but then again... like most ppl I never played for it either so... ya. Odd requirements but interesting to play for.

Spoiler

Edited by TungstenHitman, 07 April 2021 - 01:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users