Nakajima Ki-8 - How do you guys spec this?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Captain_Neculai #1 Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:09 PM

Airman Basic

• 8235 battles
  • [THC] THC

Hello everyone, 

So I recently got  the Ki-8 in Steel Supply box. I'd say it's quite a different plane to what you usually find as Tier 2 fighters. I only played a couple of games and I was wondering how you guys play this plane

I'm trying out a full speed build on both airframe and engine slots. I guess a case could be made for adding maneuvrability, however I would only be outmaneuvring some few multiroles at this tier. 

How do you guys play this plane?

See you in the skies!

drakkanax #2 Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6001 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

If you have no funky ideas how to set it up you should probably look for other planes. That plane is not playable IMO. I would try it and decide if it's just slightly bad or really horrendous as it looks on paper. You could go for maneurability, to make it less bad or for speed.. either way you won't get far. It has the same armament as Ki-5, except Ki-5 is actually good.

Don't sell it though! If you do you might get it again. If you don't and get it again from a steel crate you should receive gold compensation, pilot and slot.

P.S. if you have Akira she can make this work somewhat..

Edited by drakkanax, 05 April 2021 - 05:13 PM.

Finitan #3 Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2022 battles
  • [ICE] ICE

I use this plane with this confiuguration. For me it's ok. 19 kills last game.

guns are not very strong but they have long burst. For the gunner I'm waiting 3 points for the next skill.

Edited by Finitan, 05 April 2021 - 06:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users