Why this is not on warplanes ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sxlpsyko #1 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:00 AM

Airman Basic

• 8032 battles
  • [LVF] LVF
The 60th Anniversary of Yuri Gagarin's Legendary Flight: Let's Celebrate Together! (worldoftanks.eu)

raketak_ #2 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11642 battles
simply, because compare to tanks we dont have players.

apartclassic #3 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28716 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
It does seem WoWP is more fitting for an event about Gagarin, isn't it? A small FotD for you: as a matter of fact, by all accounts Soviet Union was winning the space race in terms of being space pioneers. They were the first in putting any object into orbit, first to send anything living into space (twice, Laika - Лайка - and other animals), first to have a human in space, and even first to send a black man in space (a Cuban). The only thing USA did faster then Russians was the Moon landing, and yet there are people claiming it was fake (so good job guys, do go on and take away the only American claim to space glory). Incidentally, US crews suffered a lot more fatalities then Russian crews did - though officially the only 3 humans that died in space (i.e. above 100km altitude boundary) are the crew of Soyuz 11 mission. I would think an event relating to Gagarin would be rather proper in WoWP, him being a military pilot as well - he qualified in a MiG-15, which *hint hint* should not be unfamiliar to WoWP players.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

GonerNL #4 Posted 06 April 2021 - 01:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14621 battles
Strangely enough, there's nothing on the Wowp CIS forum too about this ... :amazed:

Sidus_Preclarum #5 Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7808 battles

View Postapartclassic, on 06 April 2021 - 11:35 AM, said:

Incidentally, US crews suffered a lot more fatalities then Russian crews did - though officially the only 3 humans that died in space (i.e. above 100km altitude boundary) are the crew of Soyuz 11 mission.

All  I'm reading here is that the Soviets were also better at dying in space.  :great:

I mean, it's a bit like that quote in Plutarch's life of Agelisaus : " a similar retort was made by a Spartan of lesser note to the Argive who said, "Many of you lie buried in the lands of Argos"; the Spartan answered: "But not a man of you in the lands of Laconia." "

Edited by Sidus_Preclarum, 06 April 2021 - 05:58 PM.

apartclassic #6 Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 28716 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 06 April 2021 - 05:57 PM, said:

All  I'm reading here is that the Soviets were also better at dying in space.  :great:

I mean, it's a bit like that quote in Plutarch's life of Agelisaus : " a similar retort was made by a Spartan of lesser note to the Argive who said, "Many of you lie buried in the lands of Argos"; the Spartan answered: "But not a man of you in the lands of Laconia." "

Mkay, let's clarify. Total number of fatalities is higher for US crews, however one has to keep in mind that the American space programme was running a lot longer than Soviet/Russian (and in fact still is). Therefore American losses were spread over more years. Also, two space shuttles disasters significantly upped the number. Soyuz 11 catastrophe is significant as being the only time humans died in what we define as deep space, and up to this moment - and hopefully this will continue - nobody died above this artifical boundary of 100km above Earth's surface. There are some manned missions planned for relatively near future (e.g. Chinese plans to land on Moon), so we'll see how this goes. In any case any sort of qualifying the casualties seems to not be a good idea, I'd say - though I get the joke here.

Edited by apartclassic, 06 April 2021 - 06:09 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users