hello

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

feelzbad4u #1 Posted 12 September 2021 - 06:35 PM

Airman Basic

• 115 battles

just started playing and wanted to say hello to all.i hope to make friends and shoot down planes.my highest tier plane is an f4f and my best plane, i think[im to new to really know] is my hawk75.im really enjoying the game so far.any general advice or warnings would be appreciated.   

hello people !   :playing:

Edited by feelzbad4u, 12 September 2021 - 06:35 PM.

maxram68 #2 Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8004 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Hello. Nice to see new players - both in game but certainly also here on forum.

General advice, you say...? 

First and most important: WoWp is just a game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Second, do not be afraid to ask questions about planes, nations, classes, maps etc.etc. here on forum.

There are often some very experienced players offering good advice or general ideas/pointers about how/what to do. Almost all of them even does it in a friendly tone - how about that?

Third, be aware of the skill-gap. It is frigging huuuge!

...so you have to accept one of the infamous roflstomps every now and then...it happens from time to time to all players - both new and veterans...

...and you will meet highly skilled players everywhere - even on tier 1 and 2...

You might meet me from tier 4 and up (even 3 on very rare occasions).

The main reason for this are the "Daily missions" which are a set of randomly assigned goals dished out by WG.

When goals are completed a player receives tokens, which are valuable, - they can be used for various things.

Fourth, and also partly because of the skill-gap: the learning curve is steep. Some quit the game because of that.

Do not rush up the tiers too fast. Take your time and perhaps select 2-3 nations/classes that are "yours" (you're comfortable with them).

Research the planes on all tiers for those 2-3 classes/nations, and then rinse&repeat with a different nation/class.

There are no nations or classes that are universally better than others. 

...and each and every line in every nation has 1-2 "odd" planes that almost nobody like or can get to work properly.

Aimless #3 Posted 12 September 2021 - 09:59 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 6824 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hi and a warm welcome to you! I hope you will enjoy the game for a long time.

So you want advice and warnings. Let me start with the fact that you chose the easier one of the two US multirole branches, but still, multiroles are generally not _that_ easy to succeed with. If you like to have bombs and rockets on your planes, you might start with the UK ones. From my experience they are a little more versatile than the US ones. But in the end, it's your own choice you have to make. Anyway, good luck and have fun!

feelzbad4u #4 Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:06 AM

Airman Basic

• 115 battles

thanks fellas i appreciate the tips and advice:great:,im kinda stuck with the planes i have due to funds. plus i discovered the training room and now im even more broke :facepalm:,but getting better.ive been trying to pick whatever human is on my team and follow them,watch them and learn,plus read everything i can on the forums. its a fun game.

ive been thru a couple clubbings already it made me determined to get good.:teethhappy:

prawiejakzywiec666 #5 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:20 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 21602 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

Dear pilot a few tips from my side:

1. Take a look on Beginners Guide section here:

http://forum.worldof...ginners-guides/

2. Do not rush tiers. To understand the game stay on low tiers (up to 5 max 6) at least for a few hundred battles.

3. Pick an easy line like Spitfire. If you want to learn heavy line pick 110B (on 4th tier and practice BnZ) - do not turn horizontally with it. Gain altitude, use your guns and speed to attack from above and then use your engines to disengage. Repeat. Leave multiroles - there are not many players who know how to fly them.

4. Take your time to understand the basics:

- type of planes,

- type of sectors and what are they providing to you,

- do not rush to central airport from the start,

- cap sectors (the more you have there is higher chance of winning). This game is not about frags or personal points - only sectors.

5. Do not buy high tier premium planes - you will be struggling with them.

6. Do not pick bombers from the start. Get them when you'll gather some experience. They may be game changers but for sure not in a newbie's hand. Same is with low tier GAAs. Not worth your nerves at the beginning.

7. You will meet experienced players sealclubbing on tier 1-3. Happens and there is nothing you can do. The good part of it is that they compensate their inability to fly high tiers. 

8. The community is rather small so in time you'll recognise your threats right from the start.

9. Watch some YT videos - might be good to understand the basics about tactics or plane's differences. 

10. Have fun.

Edited by prawiejakzywiec666, 14 September 2021 - 05:22 AM.

A noble strimer when he is not strimin:
Noble strimer not strimin

feelzbad4u #6 Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:25 PM

Airman Basic

• 115 battles

thank you all for the advice and tips,it helped. this game is alot of fun but not easy. i like it:playing:.  ive decided not to move up a tier till i can for the most part score 10k a game. does the type of ammo i use make a difference? also 1 more question do paint jobs matter that much? 

see you in the skies fellas !!

Edited by feelzbad4u, 16 September 2021 - 10:38 PM.

prawiejakzywiec666 #7 Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:59 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 21602 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

With the blue ammo you have more chances for critical hit. The ammo for gold is worthless and I do not have experience with. Keep the gold for sth else than consumables.

Paint/camo gives aditional resistance to AA fire (10-20%), cruise speed (+3%) or bonus to crew training (up to 20%). In general at the very start of your experience with wowp - do not buy it and keep the silver for sth else.

A noble strimer when he is not strimin:
Noble strimer not strimin

houghtonbee #8 Posted Yesterday, 05:54 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 9793 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Premium ammo is absolutely not worth paying gold for. Stick to universal ammo.

Plug #9 Posted Yesterday, 04:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3767 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Hi and welcome. There's a lot of good advice and players on here, plus there's some good threads in the newcomers section. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users