f4f wildcat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

feelzbad4u #1 Posted 12 September 2021 - 06:42 PM

Airman Basic

• 113 battles

i got me an f4f wildcat and im struggling with it,but i am determined to good in it.maybe some one out there can give me a idea of how to set it up and the general tactics i should use to get the most out of it.what pilot skills 1st? equipment set up?etc.....

thank you in advance :honoring:

CheefCoach #2 Posted 12 September 2021 - 08:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 9559 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Bots are getting better really fast. 

they are newbie on tier 1,2 and 3; 

soldiers (much better) on tier 4 and 5;

and veterans (top graded bots) tier 6+. 

Get white equipment, one of each, and calibrate it. You can move it from plane to plane for free, so you can experiment. 

That line of planes likes speed and gun strike. If you like to turn, you can go with aerobatic expert, and than maybe try marksmanship. Engine guru is also alternative. 

My advice with pilot skills and equipment is just try it. The best set up is the one you like the most. Try to match plane to your playstyle, and not otherwise. Also avoid putting in rockets and bombs until you reach few thousand battles. 

Nothing interesting to write. 

TheNobleQ #3 Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 24114 battles

Get white equipment, one of each, and calibrate it. You can move it from plane to plane for free, so you can experiment.

This needs clarification.  You can only move stock equipment between planes for free.  If you enhance it, it will cost you tokens to demount and move.  Be aware of that.  Also, if you calibrate your stock equipment the moment you enhance you will lose that calibration.  Some - I do - think that represents a waste of credits and materials.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:47 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8257 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hi and welcome.

As you are a new player the best advice I can give in short is to shelve the multi-roles for a while.

Mid-tier MR's can be fun and effective in their own ways but take an experienced hand. For your average player and noob, are not something I would ever recommend.

What I would say is get the German and Brit light and heavy fighters of T4 and T5. Those 8 aircraft are excellent machines, very competitive, strong for their tier and you will learn just about all the fundamentals of Boom N Zoom and Turn N Burn tactics. Most of those 8 aircraft are also keepers, will pacify most daily missions of P1 and P2 and so you will "learn and earn" at the same time lol, good luck. :honoring:  

Edited by TungstenHitman, 13 September 2021 - 11:02 AM.

CheefCoach #5 Posted 13 September 2021 - 03:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 9559 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTheNobleQ, on 13 September 2021 - 11:10 AM, said:

This needs clarification.  You can only move stock equipment between planes for free.  If you enhance it, it will cost you tokens to demount and move.  Be aware of that.  Also, if you calibrate your stock equipment the moment you enhance you will lose that calibration.  Some - I do - think that represents a waste of credits and materials.

White equipment is the stock equipment. And you calibrate one set of white ones, and don't enhance it. 

@feelzbad4u Don't be afraid to calibrate low level equipment, white or green one; and don't think about waste of credits or materials, the benefits are far better than the costs. You need that extra edge to make more credits and materials. 

Nothing interesting to write. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users