Update 2.1.9

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:14 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
On September 15, from 10:00 till 14:00 (CEST, UTC +2), the servers will undergo maintenance to deploy the 2.1.9 update. Update 2.1.9 introduces a Soviet Premium fighter, new supply crate, and much more!

Full news text

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:47 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8379 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

1. The update times are really poor, why not do server maintenance at stupid o'clock in the morning when there's the fewest likely online players?

2. Please don't add something that's going to translate into a T9 XP-54 in regards it's negative impact for being over-powered. It's not too late yet, please make sure this aircraft is exciting yet balanced, it's an option, doesn't have to be OP or weak. 

3. Nice to have another event, looking forward to it. 

Looks great if it's derived from this concept.

u4abit2 #3 Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7244 battles

Please introduce a complete 'Nato' tech tree,

You could always just adjust the 'Europe' chain and sweep all the current premiums there to the sides.

There are enough historic aircraft throughout history to implement,

You could make the already heavily populated Russian, german and american tech trees look small!

Or as always a personal preference start adding FAR more aircraft to the uk tech tree, there are plenty of historical uk aircraft to select from...

atlasapl #4 Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3743 battles

As for a new tech trees like I have said before, not having an Italian tech tree is pretty poor. They may have Surrended in 1943, but up to then they were a major Axis power. I didn't play version 1.0 of WoWP so I have no idea if they existed in that version. We have Italians in tanks and ships, but not here.

As far as new planes go. WG will cater for their main market which is Russia. We will have to accept what ever comes.

GonerNL #5 Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15775 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 14 September 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

More like this (posted on Discord by blindfold) :

Edited by GonerNL, 14 September 2021 - 12:05 PM.

u4abit2 #6 Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7244 battles

Damn and i thought i was pushing the boat out but an entire italian tech tree!? :teethhappy:

I mean i dont see any problem with implementing 'something' italian on that europe tree like maybe slip you in right underneath the israelis but an entire tree? i think alot of players here have more planes than the entire italian air force back in the 40s right?

Think you're gonna need a petition for that, like get your banners out and start banging on berlusconis front door :izmena:

TheNobleQ #7 Posted 14 September 2021 - 04:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 24283 battles

The new Russian plane will be a key test of where this game is heading.  If, as looks likely from the picture above, it has 4 x 23mm cannons at tier 9 the suspicion is that this will be the third overpowered reward - that is, future premium - plane introduced into the game this year.  If that proves to be the case, the game is potentially heading into the cul-de-sac of oblivion since making it pointless grinding tech tree planes because they can't compete with premium planes makes the game, well, pointless.

Watch this space.

Edited by TheNobleQ, 14 September 2021 - 04:48 PM.

apartclassic #8 Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 30744 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/antonov-fighter-m-masha.945/

Do note that this is going to be only the 2nd t9 premium in the game, and this time it's a 'freebie' - obtainable through mission chain, if I understand the announcement right. Should the chain prove too challenging (and the plane at least capable), WG is going to make tons of penny on it, what with the expected price (I'd think it's going to be a package deal/bloatoffer, with tons of gold etc, and the plane - or substitute certificates to skip missions - will be in 50-60 euro range if not more). If the plane breaks the game, it wouldn't be a problem for WG, because the demand will keep pouring monnies into their pockets - newbies love them high tier premiums, don't they...

Edited by apartclassic, 14 September 2021 - 09:47 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

how ever thanks wery match

you will teachern me how to play? god bless me

Marcellus_Hungaricus #9 Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13758 battles
  • [MS] MS

View PostTheNobleQ, on 14 September 2021 - 04:47 PM, said:

The new Russian plane will be a key test of where this game is heading.  If, as looks likely from the picture above, it has 4 x 23mm cannons at tier 9 the suspicion is that this will be the third overpowered reward - that is, future premium - plane introduced into the game this year.  If that proves to be the case, the game is potentially heading into the cul-de-sac of oblivion since making it pointless grinding tech tree planes because they can't compete with premium planes makes the game, well, pointless.

Watch this space.

It depends on, what kind of 4*23s will the Masha have. The ones from the La-9(7), which are overheating quickly so this way it'll be balanced, or the ones from the La-15, in this case this fighter will be OP, really.

Edited by Marcellus_Hungaricus, 14 September 2021 - 08:12 PM.

Disgusting post. Ban M_H please WG.

Edited by houghtonbee

Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban #10 Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12827 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

not going to say a thing  but please try to sort out connectivity getting shot down by an aircraft that looks as if its along side you  is way (not on fire ) 

is c***p 

as for one tier flights .  we need one tier battles 

Edited by Woolfie_aka_paca_chatban, 15 September 2021 - 10:10 AM.

Vix_Volant #11 Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 10698 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

Data from the Russian website "Military Review"

unknown.png?width=727&height=406

unknown.png?width=739&height=406

wack007 #12 Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:25 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1684 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 14 September 2021 - 09:47 AM, said:

1. The update times are really poor, why not do server maintenance at stupid o'clock in the morning when there's the fewest likely online players?

2. Please don't add something that's going to translate into a T9 XP-54 in regards it's negative impact for being over-powered. It's not too late yet, please make sure this aircraft is exciting yet balanced, it's an option, doesn't have to be OP or weak. 

3. Nice to have another event, looking forward to it. 

If it would look like this, i would buy it for looks alone :)

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8379 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postwack007, on 15 September 2021 - 11:25 AM, said:

If it would look like this, i would buy it for looks alone :)

Yes I agree. 

Unfortunately based on Goners post above featuring actual WG sourced info on the Masha, it looks almost certain that WG devs based the looks on the 1948 variant which is basically a single engine delta wing with two vertical stabilizers and a softer more single shaped fuselage, not that really futuristic aggressive looking version with the twin engines and inverted style winglets or whatever they're called. 

Which looks better is a personal taste sort of thing really but ya, I'd have gone with that sci-fi looking spaceship fighter looking thing instead.

LordV5 #14 Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9266 battles
From me interesting idea and possibility earn some money for WOWP team. Same open way is now in tanks. Heavy grind from tanks and much high price wasnt for me. In planes we can wait heavy grind too, question is , how much it will be hardgrind and for how long will be event active to fill all missions. Must say i am happy for t9 premium with some power, because XF goblin is funny but without teeth, guns and endurance are terrible. ( here again must say do something with underpowered planes.... for example Jak 3RD...  compare with other beasts is this Jak like fly against hawk ). We will see what this fine looks plane brings into game, for me minimaly many another hours playing game to get him... 

Edited by LordV5, 15 September 2021 - 02:20 PM.

SvenC333 #15 Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13025 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostMarcellus_Hungaricus, on 14 September 2021 - 09:11 PM, said:

It depends on, what kind of 4*23s will the Masha have. The ones from the La-9(7), which are overheating quickly so this way it'll be balanced, or the ones from the La-15, in this case this fighter will be OP, really.

Right, if the 23 mm dont overheat fast, this plane will be op again. But "fortunatly" if its low tier, it has no chance against the op t10 bombers on most maps when it comes to win the battle ...(Doesnt make things better though ...).

It looks like we have some meta mechanics now in this game. XP-54, B29C (and probably this plane) are all op. So this one is another "must have" ...

Edited by SvenC333, 15 September 2021 - 01:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users