Antonov M Masha: Start Your Engines!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Xzanman #61 Posted 11 October 2021 - 08:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9670 battles

In one of the previous mission runs for something, I think it was for a pilot, I did it in the Hornet but that was in a battle where everything fell perfect for me.

I suppose the extra speed and firepower of an heavy fighter comes in very useful in such a mission.

Thankfully I don't have the stress of trying to complete this mission for the Masha. Having at the start looked at how many missions there are and the time frame given, I decided not to actively try. I just activated the missions to win a few things during normal gameplay. But I do hope that as many players as possible can complete the missions for free and not have to spend ridiculous amounts of money on certificates .

Mournfull #62 Posted 11 October 2021 - 09:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 22101 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hopefully in the second "KILL 9 FIGHTERS" I'll be lucky again and have a noobtrap airfield to play in with the usual braindead Shitfire players on the other side, otherwise it may take a few attempts hehe!

Xzanman it sort of annoys me seeing players who have the plane already who you just know haven't done the missions but in the end I am very glad people are paying WG money because it will help keep the game alive longer and maybe things like the crappy MM and other annoying "features" will be changed.

They fixed a lot of the dailies recently so it wasn't a long grind on the lower tiers like it used to be so I do have a little hope! 

Edited by Mournfull, 11 October 2021 - 10:04 AM.

Xzanman #63 Posted 11 October 2021 - 11:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9670 battles
I agree mournfull,a 'free' game needs income to not only develop but also survive. I just wish WG were more reasonable with their prices, even if you bought half the certificates needed to complete the missions it would cost as much as a new out full game. I think when they do stuff like this it should be reward only but give a reasonable amount of time to complete the missions and sell the plane at a reasonable amount for those who don't want or can't do the missions, perhaps having unique paints depending on if you won or bought the plane, I'm sure some players would take both options just for the paint schemes. 

TungstenHitman #64 Posted 11 October 2021 - 11:46 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9100 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostMournfull, on 11 October 2021 - 09:59 AM, said:

but in the end I am very glad people are paying WG money because it will help keep the game alive longer and maybe things like the crappy MM and other annoying "features" will be changed.

They fixed a lot of the dailies recently so it wasn't a long grind on the lower tiers like it used to be so I do have a little hope! 

I doubt it. The money was sourced simply from selling a premium aircraft rather than from a largely increasing playbase over a much improved game so what WG learn is that if you want to make money and make it fast, sell premium aircraft, not so from improving the game to attract a bigger playerbase.

In this instance it's for a new T9 LF and the hype and interest in it comes from the fact it's a T9 premium which is very rare in this game and a "must have" to some people so they're opening wallets to pay for it. 

So long as a premium aircraft is balanced, that's no problem but as we've seen with the XP-54 and B-29C to a lesser extent, that's not been the case. 2 out of 3 so far and this 3rd remains to be seen if it's balanced or not, it already has the most firepower of any T9 LF on paper. So from what I'm seeing, WG, as is the case with WoT and WoWS, have only learned that if you want to make fast money you need to sell OP premiums and while you think money might serve to improve the game and keep it alive longer, the premiums themselves are not balanced and ultimately might serve just to kill the game faster as players get piszed off with getting slapped by more and more of these OP premiums turning up in battles. 

Now you might say, "Those complaining are just freeloaders that can't afford or unwilling to buy one of those premiums" fine, but without those "pooros" you don't have much of a playerbase and will feature more and more bots per battle and ultimately end up playing on your own lol(in other words the game gets unplugged by WG)

Edit- Also you might make the fair point that nobody knew the XP-54 or B-29C were OP when they first featured in their respective marathons. True, the devs most likely knew it but nobody else could have until they had so they were not bought initially for that reason. But now that players do know they're OP and the "must have" for their respective tiers, what do you think is going to be sold

in the WoWP shop this coming Christmas lol??

If you think those aircraft are problematic and numerous, you ain't seen nothing yet. Sure, natural repetitious boredom will eventually reduce their numbers per battle buy holy shhhh, if they're sold this Christmas like I predict, it's gonna be bad! 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 11 October 2021 - 11:53 AM.

GonerNL #65 Posted 11 October 2021 - 01:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16207 battles

View PostMournfull, on 11 October 2021 - 10:59 AM, said:

I'll be lucky again 

That's what a large part of the missions is all about ... luck.

9 fighters, 6 ground attackers in a sortie/battle, you need more luck than skills. 

prawiejakzywiec666 #66 Posted 11 October 2021 - 01:42 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 22868 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

I would say for Kozhedub you need more luck than skill (match with squall line and some time to kill 5 enemy planes).

With 9 LF kills you just need to either spawn camp or troll people over nearest airport.

6 GAA kills - even easier than the one wirh 9 LF kills. Go over a mining plant (the nearest from the spawn) and wait for your prey.

A noble strimer when he is not strimin:
Noble strimer not strimin

deaxter_hero #67 Posted 11 October 2021 - 05:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8118 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Just completed this lottery 9 LF mission after 17 battles today and some yesterday. With Ki-84, T7 light fighter. On Road to Rome map, flying mainly over the middle airfield.

Got 11 enemy LFs in the end. It is matter of luck - had battle with 3 LF newbies in enemy team who tried to turn-fight me with Vampire (killed 4 times), Ho 229 (killed 4 times) and 109G (killed 3 times). My team mate LF in P51H focused on multiroles and heavies... 

Before that I tried  P.1101 (got 7),  P.1092 (got 6), Spitfire XIV (got 7),  Spitfire Vb IM (got 7) and 109E.

So I believe it mainly depends on your luck with mm and stamina. 

Edited by deaxter_hero, 11 October 2021 - 05:05 PM.

ClassicFrog #68 Posted 11 October 2021 - 05:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4003 battles

I think hunting LF's is the easiest on tier 4, hoping for being a top tier, and basically camping the spawn point with the best turn fighter you have at your disposal. Since it's mostly a battle against time, to farm the kills before the battle ends, one needs an environment where it's possible to do quick kills without wasting time chasing after the targets. On tier 4 bots are very passive, majority of players quite inexperienced, and planes have relatively low survivability, especially these unlucky tier 3 ones.

A bit scummy, yes, but it worked for me, at least.

Edit:

A question about the plane itself. In the "Overview" description it says that it has increased experience and credit income per battle. Now, in the battle report, the detailed info does not mention tier 9 premium aircraft, and the "tier VIII Premium aircraft" is grayed out. Well, obviously Masha is not tier 8, but instead there's no mention about premium plane at all. Is this an interface issue? Or does Masha not receive extra experience by itself after all?

Yes, I know the plane comes with +20% crew experience, and it's the crew training that matters, but still it would be nice to know the details.

I have tried to estimate the exp earnings, compared to other tier 9 planes, but since every battle is different it's like comparing apples to oranges, especially over very limited sample of battles so far.

Edited by ClassicFrog, 11 October 2021 - 06:26 PM.

blindfoId #69 Posted 12 October 2021 - 12:44 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostClassicFrog, on 11 October 2021 - 08:20 PM, said:

A question about the plane itself. In the "Overview" description it says that it has increased experience and credit income per battle. Now, in the battle report, the detailed info does not mention tier 9 premium aircraft, and the "tier VIII Premium aircraft" is grayed out. Well, obviously Masha is not tier 8, but instead there's no mention about premium plane at all. Is this an interface issue? Or does Masha not receive extra experience by itself after all?

Yes, I know the plane comes with +20% crew experience, and it's the crew training that matters, but still it would be nice to know the details.

I have tried to estimate the exp earnings, compared to other tier 9 planes, but since every battle is different it's like comparing apples to oranges, especially over very limited sample of battles so far.

This is an interface issue as you correctly pointed out. Thank you very much for your report, we'll fix it in one of the future updates :honoring:

Mournfull #70 Posted 15 October 2021 - 04:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 22101 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Just finished the last "kill 9 Fighters"

Upper tier in a Hurricane II again against 2 players in  a Japanese tier 4 and the other in an I.17.

Killed them once each and then waited at the spawn.

So i've been lucky on the 2 times I attempted this now it's just the rarer than rocking horse sh1t Gabrezky to go! 

u4abit2 #71 Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7965 battles

You see this guys n gals?

Perseverance!

If william shatner can endure nearly 2500mph up to an altitude of 350000 feet at age 90.....

You can nail these missions!

And to quote the legend of star trek :- "All i wanted to do was look out of the window"

Legend

:D

AngryChilli #72 Posted 23 October 2021 - 07:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 26600 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

A small boost in motivation for everyone who is still running the marathon.

I earned it completely on both servers :hiding:EU and NA. 

Much success and good luck for everyone who grinds the plane.

Ich bin kein A-loch , ich bin viel schlimmer. Ich bin eine Hämorride , ich reize A-Löcher :teethhappy:  

Those who know nothing must believe everything!!

"Skill sieht von unten Immer Arrogant aus"

Angry Chilli (1982- open end) Warplanes Junky seit Nov 2013                                                         "Mobbing verbindet, 9 von 10 haben Spaß daran"

TungstenHitman #73 Posted 26 October 2021 - 05:58 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 9100 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Nah. 

Once you've had Yak there ain't no going back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users