Italian warplanes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

_DinDjarin_ #1 Posted 11 October 2021 - 05:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 2073 battles

Hi.

I recently started this game.On the bright side  i found game is outstanding ,immersive and fun,.I was told this game is dead,though I see many people passionately plays it,this game is well and alive.

On the bad side,as an military history enthusiast I am very surprised this game has no one single Italian warplane.

Considering quality,uniquenes as well as diversity of world class historical planes constructed by italy,I must ask... what is going on here?

Edited by _DinDjarin_, 12 October 2021 - 05:31 PM.

GonerNL #2 Posted 11 October 2021 - 10:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16214 battles

View Post_DinDjarin_, on 11 October 2021 - 06:12 PM, said:

this game has no one single Italian warplane.

Actually, it has : https://worldofwarpl...es/china/ba-27/

Fr_Sciroppo #3 Posted 12 October 2021 - 10:39 AM

Senior Airman

• 1907 battles

View Post_DinDjarin_, on 11 October 2021 - 05:12 PM, said:

Hi.

I recently started this game.On the bright side  i found game is outstanding ,immersive and fun,.I was told this game is dead,though I see many people passionately plays it,this game is well and alive.

On the bad side,as an military history enthusiast I am very surprised this game has no one single Italian warplane.

Considering quality,"spiceiines" and uniquenes as well as diversity of world class historical planes constructed by italy,I must ask... what is going on here?

Right. Even another single italian Premium plane, not even a whole tech tree, would be great. I am obviously biased ;-)

I mean, the C.R. 32/42, a M.C. 202, the S.M. 79...there is a lot of existing planes to pick from.

I love the Metallico  - got it  from a crate drop, I bought some of those with the New Year offers - and while it has not-so-great firepower, is fun to fly and quite agile.

It's probably the plane I flew the most at low tiers.

I see the Metallico is currently in the aircraft list from Hawk Supply Crates ; check here https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/world-of-warplanes-supply-crates-prize-lists/

Not quite sure how to get one of those crates right now, though.

Check the Premium shop regularly too, WG sometimes  sells low-tier Premiums in bundles, like the one on sale right now, which has different planes.

Edited by Fr_Sciroppo, 12 October 2021 - 10:41 AM.

_DinDjarin_ #4 Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 2073 battles

View PostFr_Sciroppo, on 12 October 2021 - 10:39 AM, said:

Right. Even another single italian Premium plane, not even a whole tech tree, would be great. I am obviously biased ;-)

I mean, the C.R. 32/42, a M.C. 202, the S.M. 79...there is a lot of existing planes to pick from.

I love the Metallico  - got it  from a crate drop, I bought some of those with the New Year offers - and while it has not-so-great firepower, is fun to fly and quite agile.

It's probably the plane I flew the most at low tiers.

I see the Metallico is currently in the aircraft list from Hawk Supply Crates ; check here https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/world-of-warplanes-supply-crates-prize-lists/

Not quite sure how to get one of those crates right now, though.

Check the Premium shop regularly too, WG sometimes  sells low-tier Premiums in bundles, like the one on sale right now, which has different planes.

Good to see there is at  at least one Italian plane here.

Looks strange that a nation that  was historically a world class  ,in terms of aviation design, has no more planes in game that is set in  golden era of aviation. Italian industry in ww2 was weak so they produced relatively small numbers of planes compared to USSR, Germany, USA,GB,  but quality of planes is entirely different story. 

German pilots in 1943/1944 considered italian Machi C 205 Veltro (picture below) , to be possibly the best fighter of its time.British and American pilots also reported  Italian fighters they encountered later in war  have  been on equal terms to latest versions of Mustangs and Spitfires, 

From perspective of aestetics Italian planes are original in design and appearance.

I believe few premium or regular planes of Italian design would give  boost to immersion  and overal  appeal of this game.

And, those were  real planes proven in combat.

Edited by _DinDjarin_, 12 October 2021 - 09:20 PM.

GonerNL #5 Posted 12 October 2021 - 06:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16214 battles

Merkwuerdigliebe #6 Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9997 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Post_DinDjarin_, on 12 October 2021 - 05:48 PM, said:

Good to see there is at  at least one Italian plane here.

Looks strange that a nation that  was historically a world class  ,in terms of aviation design, has no more planes in game that is set in  golden era of aviation. Italian industry in ww2 was weak so they produced relatively small numbers of planes compared to USSR, Germany, USA,GB,  but quality of planes is entirely different story. 

German pilots in 1943/1944 considered italian Machi C 205 Veltro (picture below) , to be possibly the best fighter of its time.British and American pilots also reported  Italian fighters they encountered later in war  have  been on equal terms to latest versions of Mustangs and Spitfires, 

From perspective of aestetics Italian planes are original in design and appearance.

I believe few premium or regular planes of Italian design would give  boost to immersion  and overal  appeal of this game.

And, those were  real planes proven in combat.

As i said countless times... in this game we have no F6F, no AVRO Lancaster, no B24 and a lot of other fairly historically significant planes. Why should we consider putting in game 2 or 3 italian fighters (good ones, likely to fit in game as tier 7, as Macchi 205 and G55, were built in negligible numbers) in tier 3/7 a priority?

Only italian plane i somehow miss is Fiat G91, a successfull plane in its days that could be nice as an upgrade to the german tech tree, or as replacement to that useless rocket throwing tier 10 batplane. (tier 8 & 9 are fun, tho)

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 13 October 2021 - 04:03 PM.

wack007 #7 Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2606 battles

A very respected forum-user called Levlos, has made some brilliant suggestions in the following thread:
http://forum.worldof...-there/#topmost

_DinDjarin_ #8 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:31 PM

Senior Airman

• 2073 battles

View PostMerkwuerdigliebe, on 13 October 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

As i said countless times... in this game we have no F6F, no AVRO Lancaster, no B24 and a lot of other fairly historically significant planes. Why should we consider putting in game 2 or 3 italian fighters (good ones, likely to fit in game as tier 7, as Macchi 205 and G55, were built in negligible numbers) in tier 3/7 a priority?

Only italian plane i somehow miss is Fiat G91, a successfull plane in its days that could be nice as an upgrade to the german tech tree, or as replacement to that useless rocket throwing tier 10 batplane. (tier 8 & 9 are fun, tho)

I see, but in the same time we have Europe planes,in which there are planes built,if ever,in even smaller numbers than rare Machi 205  and certainly saw less combat than dosen of historic Italian models.

So ,in my eyes one thing is not completing major nation tech tree,which should be done,but other thing is not having (Breda excuse) any historical battle proven Italian plane while having  planes that existed only on paper.(dare I question completeness of papers to).

Edited by _DinDjarin_, 14 October 2021 - 09:35 PM.

elias_the_great #9 Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3652 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12
To be fair, this game doesn't rely on known planes, but rather surprising us with prototypes and weird modifications of already existing. So, the SM. 91 is more interesting to me than the MC.202, though the Veltro in tier 8 would be awesome if it ever comes...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users