Antonov M Masha missions

tier IX premium soviet fighter grind

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Postal_Monkey #1 Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 938 battles

So I've posted a video on EACH mission on the Antonov M Masha mission (two per day). The last few mission videos will be posting today and tomorrow, tell me what you think: https://youtube.com/...GmQIuxqEhMevwpn

Mournfull #2 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 22119 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Finally something about WOWP on youtube worth watching!

On a personal note I've just got the last 3 missions to go so it's nice to see someone actually playing for them and not just paying.

Postal_Monkey #3 Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:04 AM

Airman Basic

• 938 battles

View PostMournfull, on 14 October 2021 - 09:08 PM, said:

Finally something about WOWP on youtube worth watching!

On a personal note I've just got the last 3 missions to go so it's nice to see someone actually playing for them and not just paying.

Thanks! Man, those last two missions have the potential to be pains in the butts. I only have 3 Gabreskis... ever... oof.

prawiejakzywiec666 #4 Posted 15 October 2021 - 07:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 22891 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostPostal_Monkey, on 15 October 2021 - 12:04 AM, said:

Thanks! Man, those last two missions have the potential to be pains in the butts. I only have 3 Gabreskis... ever... oof.

Dear Postal and Colleagues,

To get a Gabresky there are a few major issues to take into account:

- proper plane (Blenheim, Beufighter, Mosquito, Hornet, Do335, J7W3, Hunter, F7U) - you can do it even on XF90 or 1101 but it is just easier with the mentioned planes,

- remember to use ordinance from the very begining (crucial to achieve the final result),

- easier when uptiered (but this is not a must),

- pick easy targets (both ground like tents and air like bombers or ADA),

- try not to go in the middle of a fight but just stay away and do your job,

- use the repair if possible,

- observe the map because after all there is a WIN condition to get Gabresky.

Have fun, you can do it!

A noble strimer when he is not strimin:
Noble strimer not strimin

andrew3142 #5 Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14178 battles

Hi Postal

Yes, I've been following your progress with interest - I was keeping up with your releases until a couple of days ago!

I've now completed 29 missions without spending any tokens (even the 5 turret kills - thank you B29C and apologies to my team on that one - "who's this idiot flying at 500m and refusing to drop any bombs?") but I now need my first ever Golubev medal - I have a blind spot when it comes to air-to-air rockets (and I die to often!!)

Thanks for the content

And thanks to Prawie for the tips on how to get the other medal that I've never got before!

Mournfull #6 Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 22119 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPostal_Monkey, on 15 October 2021 - 12:04 AM, said:

I got one of my Gabrezky medals in a J7 after I saw another video you posted (I think it was you) and did it on the 2nd attempt.

I think it's one of those medals most people don't really try for as it's usually always either ground targets or aerial targets but good luck going for it!

edit.. I'm pretty sure I heard that someone did it in an SU-10, 3 people in my wing (not me though) did it in their B29's hehe.

Edited by Mournfull, 15 October 2021 - 10:05 AM.

Postal_Monkey #7 Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:45 AM

Airman Basic

• 938 battles

View Postandrew3142, on 15 October 2021 - 08:59 AM, said:

Hi Postal

Yes, I've been following your progress with interest - I was keeping up with your releases until a couple of days ago!

I've now completed 29 missions without spending any tokens (even the 5 turret kills - thank you B29C and apologies to my team on that one - "who's this idiot flying at 500m and refusing to drop any bombs?") but I now need my first ever Golubev medal - I have a blind spot when it comes to air-to-air rockets (and I die to often!!)

Thanks for the content

And thanks to Prawie for the tips on how to get the other medal that I've never got before!

Rocketeer can be done with relative ease in any plane that has rocket's, but a Golubev is best attempted in a plane with specific Air-to-air rockets.

In head on situations do NOT wait until last minute. If they are within 1000m then they're too close. Turn away after firing to avoid a head-on ram (in case your rockets miss). Remember you gotta stay alive AND win, sometime this mission is easier to accomplish while in a flight! Keep practicing nd you'll start earning Golubevs!

Postal_Monkey #8 Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:48 AM

Airman Basic

• 938 battles

View Postprawiejakzywiec666, on 15 October 2021 - 07:30 AM, said:

Dear Postal and Colleagues,

To get a Gabresky there are a few major issues to take into account:

- proper plane (Blenheim, Beufighter, Mosquito, Hornet, Do335, J7W3, Hunter, F7U) - you can do it even on XF90 or 1101 but it is just easier with the mentioned planes,

- remember to use ordinance from the very begining (crucial to achieve the final result),

- easier when uptiered (but this is not a must),

- pick easy targets (both ground like tents and air like bombers or ADA),

- try not to go in the middle of a fight but just stay away and do your job,

- use the repair if possible,

- observe the map because after all there is a WIN condition to get Gabresky.

Have fun, you can do it!

Great advice! You can't accidentally get a Gabreski (like some other medals out there) you have to EARN it and be wholey focused on the requirements. And what you mentioned here is exactly what needs to be done.

Postal_Monkey #9 Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 938 battles

View PostMournfull, on 15 October 2021 - 10:02 AM, said:

I got one of my Gabrezky medals in a J7 after I saw another video you posted (I think it was you) and did it on the 2nd attempt.

I think it's one of those medals most people don't really try for as it's usually always either ground targets or aerial targets but good luck going for it!

edit.. I'm pretty sure I heard that someone did it in an SU-10, 3 people in my wing (not me though) did it in their B29's hehe.

Yeah man, the J7W2 lol. I actually used that plane for it again this time (you'll see the video this weekend) but there are a lot of unconventional plane like the B-29C and even Me 265 that I've heard  have been used for it. Makes me want to try in mine now that I've got the Masha

Xzanman #10 Posted 15 October 2021 - 11:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9689 battles
Congratulations on completing the missions postal, it was fun watching you.

Postal_Monkey #11 Posted 16 October 2021 - 02:10 AM

Airman Basic

• 938 battles

View PostXzanman, on 15 October 2021 - 11:06 PM, said:

Congratulations on completing the missions postal, it was fun watching you.

I'm glad you enjoyed the stream!

Mournfull #12 Posted 16 October 2021 - 02:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 22119 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Just got the Gabresky (only my 3rd one ever) with help from a wing mate Little-Miss-Pink.

Had my first flight in the Antonov and it did well and have to say it's probably not as OP as the XP54 but I was lower tiered so the jury is still out on that one for me.

Good luck on the last bit but I'm pretty confident you'll get it and thanks for the YouTubes, keep them coming!

prawiejakzywiec666 #13 Posted 16 October 2021 - 02:26 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 22891 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostMournfull, on 16 October 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

Just got the Gabresky (only my 3rd one ever) with help from a wing mate Little-Miss-Pink.

Had my first flight in the Antonov and it did well and have to say it's probably not as OP as the XP54 but I was lower tiered so the jury is still out on that one for me.

Good luck on the last bit but I'm pretty confident you'll get it and thanks for the YouTubes, keep them coming!

Congrats Mournfull!

A noble strimer when he is not strimin:
Noble strimer not strimin

andrew3142 #14 Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14178 battles

Finally got my first ever Golubev - Followed Postal's example and used the Tier 8 Batwing :izmena:

By the end I was getting better with rockets but I have to say, I still wouldn't have got it in "normal play" (E.g. I would not have fired rockets at that low health target when 2 cannon shells would have done the same job) - I am forever a rocket noob!

So, now just some ground target damage, 9 fighter kills and a Gabresky...no sweat! :hiding:

deaxter_hero #15 Posted 21 October 2021 - 03:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8118 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Hi pilots.

Got the Masha (got Gabreski as per prawiejakxxxxxx666 kind advise in Mosquito during first flight). So now the questions are following - please give me your thoughts:

1) What is this aircraft´s downside - what NOT to do in it ?

2) What is this aircraft good at - what to DO in it?

3) How to set it up?

I have +/- 10 games in it so it is my very first, preliminary impressions so to speak:

1) The main limiting factor is poor deflecting shots performance. Low rate of fire and perhaps relatively slow bullets velocity. Meaning that it is not as good against light fighters in dramatic dogfights. It seems that it takes the game client some time before your shots "home in" on your target. Meaning you have to point your nose for some time at the target and even be shooting before it starts really hitting.

Overheating is issue, so "pumping" shooting as in e.g. Hunter is needed more than often.

So I tried countering Attack Aircraft with mixed results. Very good against T8, so so against T9, bad against T10. JW is much better at this IMHO.

So I tied focusing on attacking bombers - it is OK against T9 Russian bombers, the rest not so good.

For hunting heavies the altitude performance is problem, but if the heavy gets low...

2) So I tried attacking multiroles and here it seems this plane shines. Also attacking heavy ADAs seems to work.

3) Ended up surprisingly with speed build for the time being. It still outturns multiroles including JWs and gives better ability to move around the battlefield with occasional bomber intercept. 

What are your thoughts gentlemen?

Edited by deaxter_hero, 21 October 2021 - 03:22 PM.

Frateras #16 Posted 22 October 2021 - 07:34 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 11507 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
It's easy to kill with a BF109G.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

hardy9z9 #17 Posted 22 October 2021 - 12:00 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10077 battles
  • [JG-GA] JG-GA

I bought some certificates for the most annoying Masha missions. Have also only flown them a few times now.
I really sucked with her. But now I'm not a good pilot and that's why I can't even hold a candle to deaxter_hero's piloting skills and won't give any tips on this flounder at all. But of course I would also be very interested in how you can use this thing effictively.  
So - who of the pilots out there can write something of his experience here? Thanks !

Edited by hardy9z9, 22 October 2021 - 12:16 PM.

deaxter_hero #18 Posted 25 October 2021 - 12:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8118 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Oh Masha, you temperamental thing! Namely your guns! Even with special project aiming sights, it is like a gamble. One game I barely do damage, pumping the guns like madman not to overheat them, the other game I kill plane in one uninterrupted salvo... Is there some kind of sorcery or spell that I still have not cracked in play? 

I fully specialized the lady M, and am frankly speaking quite happy with its flight characteristics. Good manoeuvrability and speed, very good climbing (speed focused build). But the guns are still an enigma to me.

After some games in Masha I went for one in p.1092 - and wohoo, what a relieve shooting those German guns can that be. At the same time I understood during that flight, how good the flight characteristics of Masha are - much better than (still not specialized though) T9 German light p.1092.

I believe that maxed out with speed build, during one on one dogfight Masha can theoretically defeat any T8 - T9 fighter perhaps with exception of J8M or Ta 152 / Ta 183 in expert hands (in good old 1.9 altitude ceiling hugging style) and perhaps Ki-162-I. And kill it with thousands of papercuts. 

Edited by deaxter_hero, 25 October 2021 - 12:50 PM.

houghtonbee #19 Posted 25 October 2021 - 06:08 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10371 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
If you're low tier your ammo seems to hit home less often than if you are top tier.

TheNobleQ #20 Posted 11 November 2021 - 07:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 26103 battles
The WoWP team chose to give the familiar NS-23 cannons 0.6° dispersion angle (more normally 0.55°) on the Antonov M Masha.  This means that if you aim perfectly at a target 2,625 feet away your rounds will fly anywhere in a circle of just over 27 feet around that point, easily enough for many of them to miss a small plane, a fighter for example, entirely - and that's without factoring in the movement of the target.  The autoaim angle is also a modest 2°, meaning that the game helps you less when you aren't aiming perfectly than it does some other planes.  The lesson is - get closer than the so-called optimum distance.

For those of you who use those odd measurements:
2,625 feet = 800 metres
27.2 feet ≈ 8.3 metres

Also tagged with tier IX, premium, soviet, fighter, grind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users