u4abit2 #61 Posted 29 October 2021 - 08:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7981 battles

Wow so wait,

The germans get Charlotte with her clestial fury,

The russkis get vasiliy with his La-5 master skills,

And we get eddie no skills?

They should have strapped a set of skis to his wings at least we could get a real laugh out of it.

TungstenHitman #62 Posted 29 October 2021 - 10:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postu4abit2, on 29 October 2021 - 08:19 AM, said:

Wow so wait,

The germans get Charlotte with her clestial fury,

The russkis get vasiliy with his La-5 master skills,

And we get eddie no skills?

They should have strapped a set of skis to his wings at least we could get a real laugh out of it.

I take it by "we" you are referring to the UK? I'll assume so since zombie Eddie is flying a Spit.

Well, don't forget there's recent addition Elliot Millie and personally I do have her piloting the few UK and EU premiums since her universal skill that works on other aircraft is +4% maneuverability in all axis instead of that typical skills +2%. I know that's not mind blowing but it is twice the gain as normal and gives the likes of a premium Spit, Boomerang, this Venom and any other such turny fighters a nice little edge in a dogfight. 

She's a lot better than the Russian pilot Vasiliy in that regards, who's universal skill is -10% AA dmg and a -20% reduction in chances of catching fire. Hardly much benefit for other light fighters is it? Certainly less useful than +4% manu offered by Millie and far less beneficial that +10% range and +10% burst length offered by Akira. 

Also don't forget the Charles Donovan for the Spit mk la. Just like Akira, he brings an idiotically broken +10% maneuverability but gets even more broken when the fighter is reduced by at least 50% health by magically removing all crits, healing any injuries AND ANOTHER +10% maneuverability lol!! Oh... and the pilot cannot die there after for the entire duration of the battle apparently.

So forget about Undead Fred or whatever his name is, the UK has a couple of really nice pilots too.  

u4abit2 #63 Posted 29 October 2021 - 02:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7981 battles

Ah yes you make a good point,

Further to that the realization that i missed the dunkirk duo event in 2017 and dont have the la or the pilot for it :(

TungstenHitman #64 Posted 13 November 2021 - 11:14 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 9106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

WARNING

For those who already have one of the listed aircraft and not yet completed the missions but may be close to completing, YOU WILL ONLY RECIEVE HALF OF THE COMPENSATION THIS WEEKEND.

I only completed the first of these reward aircraft missions yesterday and because it just coincidentally overlapped the Birthday event I rather stupidly had the current 50% discount applied to my compensation for the T4 Caudron-Renault C.714(which I already had obviously.

So instead of being compensated with 1100 gold, I got half that amount, 550 gold.

Now, imho these are two separate events with this October Challenge lasting an entire month so had I completed this mission anytime over an entire month other than this one particular weekend, I would have received the full 1100 gold compensation. Obviously I think this is very very unfair since these are separate events and the discount for the Birthday celebrations was given clearly with the interest of players being able to purchase premium aircraft from the premium shop or in their hangers for a discounts. This aircraft is classed as a reward or gift aircraft and not a typical premium aircraft we can just purchase directly from the strore etc so clearly was never intended to have this discount applied to it since a person cannot simply purchase it, yet, as you can see, I suffered a compensation of only half the stated gold.

It's not what I would consider fair or ethical, these discounts were clearly supposed to be applied to premium aircraft that could be purchased directly and not nerf the gold compensation for these 3 award aircraft so I'm just giving you guys a warning should you be close to completing the grind on any of these 3 aircraft with the interest of getting the stated compensation. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 13 November 2021 - 11:17 AM.

blindfoId #65 Posted 15 November 2021 - 10:13 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 13 November 2021 - 02:14 PM, said:

WARNING

For those who already have one of the listed aircraft and not yet completed the missions but may be close to completing, YOU WILL ONLY RECIEVE HALF OF THE COMPENSATION THIS WEEKEND.

I only completed the first of these reward aircraft missions yesterday and because it just coincidentally overlapped the Birthday event I rather stupidly had the current 50% discount applied to my compensation for the T4 Caudron-Renault C.714(which I already had obviously.

So instead of being compensated with 1100 gold, I got half that amount, 550 gold.

Now, imho these are two separate events with this October Challenge lasting an entire month so had I completed this mission anytime over an entire month other than this one particular weekend, I would have received the full 1100 gold compensation. Obviously I think this is very very unfair since these are separate events and the discount for the Birthday celebrations was given clearly with the interest of players being able to purchase premium aircraft from the premium shop or in their hangers for a discounts. This aircraft is classed as a reward or gift aircraft and not a typical premium aircraft we can just purchase directly from the strore etc so clearly was never intended to have this discount applied to it since a person cannot simply purchase it, yet, as you can see, I suffered a compensation of only half the stated gold.

It's not what I would consider fair or ethical, these discounts were clearly supposed to be applied to premium aircraft that could be purchased directly and not nerf the gold compensation for these 3 award aircraft so I'm just giving you guys a warning should you be close to completing the grind on any of these 3 aircraft with the interest of getting the stated compensation. 

All planes in October Challenges are Special planes and cannot be purchased in the Game Client for gold, so there were no discounts on them during the WOWP Birthday event. If you did not receive a full gold compensation please contact our Customer Support :honoring:

TungstenHitman #66 Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:48 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 9106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 15 November 2021 - 10:13 AM, said:

All planes in October Challenges are Special planes and cannot be purchased in the Game Client for gold, so there were no discounts on them during the WOWP Birthday event. If you did not receive a full gold compensation please contact our Customer Support :honoring:

I did and appealed several times trying to explain exactly that, but I was repeatedly told that the gold compensation at 50% was correct and that this is how it works,

Reply 1 

Hello, dear TungstenHitman!

Thank for your contacting us. 

The compensation was provided according to the active discounts from the event 

https://worldofwarpl...day-wowp-2021/ 

We are sorry, but there is no additional gold can be provided here.

Should you have any further concerns, questions or problems, feel free to get back to us at any time.

Reply 2 (From a different person this time)

Hello.

Thank you for contacting us back.

No, it worked as it should.
As was mentioned in the previous reply, The compensation was provided according to the active discounts from the event: https://worldofwarpl...hday-wowp-2021/
This is how compensation works for a long time. If any discounts on premium planes are active, compensation will be credited according to the discounts.
That's why you received 550 gold.
As was mentioned earlier, any additional crediting of gold does not seem possible in this case.

We are sorry that our answers do not suit you and you do not trust the information provided by the support.
However, this fact does not cancel the correctness of our answers and the correctness of the information provided.

Kind regards,

Reply 3

Hello.

Thank you for contacting us back.

As was mentioned earlier, The compensation was provided according to the active discounts from the event: https://worldofwarpl...hday-wowp-2021/
This is how compensation works for a long time. If any discounts on premium planes are active, compensation will be credited according to the discounts.
That's why you received 550 gold.
As was mentioned earlier, any additional crediting of gold does not seem possible in this case.

In this case, we provided all available information regarding this case. This is correct information, and this is how things work in the game.
Please note all tickets regarding this matter will be closed, and they are not going to be answered.

and as you can see I was repeatedly patronized with the same answer and basically told to shut up for finish.

TungstenHitman #67 Posted 15 November 2021 - 10:15 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 9106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Well, looks like blindfold kicked some backside and I got my compensation. A thanks to blindfold then, since as seen in the comments above I clearly wasn't going to get compensated if it was left as it was.

Reply 4

Hello, TungstenHitman.

Thanks for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that we have added 550 gold to your account.  Accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this situation.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact us again.

Best regards.

Well, I'm not going to be a dk about it, people make mistakes and it's not the first or last time, we all make mistakes.

The only reason it was a bit of kick in the balls was because if I had received the full amount of compensation as anticipated at the time, I would have had enough gold at that point to buy a new T8 premium on discount which is now over. So was a bit disappointing obviously but that's how it goes and we move on. 

Xzanman #68 Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9708 battles
Hopefully there will be some cheaper plans available for you, Tungsten, over the Christmas period, at least you got the compo sorted. 

ClassicFrog #69 Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4003 battles

I guess it's a perk of having very small active community here, that we're being looked after more closely, as there are no hordes of players posting here on the forum, that require attention and possibly an intervention.

Silver lining :)

ASharpPencil #70 Posted 17 November 2021 - 06:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8028 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

He there. I got 1,800 gold for part 2, is this ok?

Xzanman #71 Posted 18 November 2021 - 12:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9708 battles

View PostASharpPencil, on 17 November 2021 - 06:18 PM, said:

He there. I got 1,800 gold for part 2, is this ok?

Looks about right to me

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users