Why is there an "Activate Boost" key?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ArchangelThunderbird_GB_ #1 Posted 28 October 2021 - 09:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1721 battles
G'day, all. From my experience, engine Boost is activated by my "Increase Throttle" key, so I am not sure why there is an "Activate Boost" key. Does it serve any useful purpose? 

Edited by aauk, 28 October 2021 - 10:16 AM.

hardy9z9 #2 Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:50 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10084 battles
  • [JG-GA] JG-GA

You confuse me sometimes with your questions.:amazed:
You activate the motorboost by holding down an assigned key on your keyboard. By default, this is the "W" key. This makes the engine run at higher power for the specified seconds.
You can't mean the described pressing of the motorboost key, because it doesn't say "start boost" anywhere.
I therefore assume you mean the activation button when selecting a points booster, such as the booster for double aircraft experience points. These boosters are active for, say, one or two hours, and if you mean this booster activation button, then the time (i.e., say, one hour) starts from that point of booster activation.

Does that answer your question?

Edited by hardy9z9, 28 October 2021 - 06:55 PM.

apartclassic #3 Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 31361 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

Not really. This is what he means:

You can activate boost either by increasing throttle above 100% (default setting for throttle) or by pressing the key for boost. If I'm not mistaken, boost will work also with decreased throttle, though the gain there is not worth it. Most players don't even know one can manipulate throttle in WoWP - hence they think 'increase throttle' equals 'engage boost'. Clearly, that is not the case.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

how ever thanks wery match

you will teachern me how to play? god bless me

seriös and respecktfull

GonerNL #4 Posted 28 October 2021 - 09:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16214 battles

And using a joystick it works like this :

push the throttle past 100%, there's a deadzone and after that is boost.

Edited by GonerNL, 28 October 2021 - 09:10 PM.

ArchangelThunderbird_GB_ #5 Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1721 battles

View Postapartclassic, on 28 October 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

You can activate boost either by increasing throttle above 100% (default setting for throttle) or by pressing the key for boost. If I'm not mistaken, boost will work also with decreased throttle, though the gain there is not worth it. Most players don't even know one can manipulate throttle in WoWP - hence they think 'increase throttle' equals 'engage boost'. Clearly, that is not the case.

Yes - that's exactly what I was referring to - thanks.

Edited by aauk, 28 October 2021 - 11:12 PM.

ArchangelThunderbird_GB_ #6 Posted 28 October 2021 - 11:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1721 battles

View Posthardy9z9, on 28 October 2021 - 06:50 PM, said:

You confuse me sometimes with your questions.:amazed:
You activate the motorboost by holding down an assigned key on your keyboard. By default, this is the "W" key. This makes the engine run at higher power for the specified seconds.
You can't mean the described pressing of the motorboost key, because it doesn't say "start boost" anywhere.
I therefore assume you mean the activation button when selecting a points booster, such as the booster for double aircraft experience points. These boosters are active for, say, one or two hours, and if you mean this booster activation button, then the time (i.e., say, one hour) starts from that point of booster activation.

Does that answer your question?

No; apartclassic understood my question correctly - but thanks, anyway. :rolleyes:

Edited by aauk, 29 October 2021 - 12:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users