Trick or Treat

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 28 October 2021 - 12:06 PM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
It's the spookiest time of year, and we're giving you a treat instead of a trick! Celebrate Halloween in the sky of World of Warplanes!

Full news text

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 28 October 2021 - 12:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9108 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

That's really nice. 

SvenC333 #3 Posted 28 October 2021 - 12:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13670 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2
Wow, the last 2 years, the venom was only to purchase. Now it can be achieved just by playing. :great: Also nice that the missions work side by side with the october challenges. Nice one wg, good job.:)

Edited by SvenC333, 29 October 2021 - 09:28 PM.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 28 October 2021 - 12:50 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 9108 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I have to wonder if the Venom comes with that badas* biker looking matt black perma-camo featured in the linked webpage image? Sure, I can see it comes with a perm-camo but does it look like that?

Also, "lol!" at those who were grinding there nuts off for the inferior T4 and T5 :teethhappy: 

Fr_Sciroppo #5 Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:38 PM

Senior Airman

• 1907 battles

This event looks nice and the Venom is kinda intriguing, even if those MGs can take a while to do damage consistently (assuming they're the same guns as seen in the t4 Hurricane Ia)

Will surely try to get this plane !

Nice one WG

raketak_ #6 Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12856 battles

And we will obtain gold as compensation, this is even better mission that looks from description:

There's a full gold compensation for the Venom - 1600 gold. 

source:

http://forum.worldof...790#entry842790

Xzanman #7 Posted 28 October 2021 - 04:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9726 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 28 October 2021 - 12:50 PM, said:

I have to wonder if the Venom comes with that badas* biker looking matt black perma-camo featured in the linked webpage image? Sure, I can see it comes with a perm-camo but does it look like that?

Also, "lol!" at those who were grinding there nuts off for the inferior T4 and T5 :teethhappy: 

Looking closer, the Black venom was a special offer from 2018. It does look fantastic and would fit better with the Halloween theme . 

Either way a very nice weekend event :honoring:

maxram68 #8 Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:32 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 8466 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

I won the Venom back in 1.x and - until approx. an hour ago - haven't played it since then.

So I took it for a quick spin in order to add my humble opinion about it:

The guns are ok-ish (almost impossible to overheat), aaaaand....that's about it...lol.

The Venom can outturn some planes and because the speed isn't the best (to say the least!), you should really pick your fights carefully.

If you can get the drop on an enemy that actually can outturn you, you better start firing those guns - and hit - because getting away is quite difficult.

Climbing to high altitudes isn't a feature of the plane, so staying mid/low might be better.

Verdict: A somewhat fun plane, if you can handle the difficulties and accept a real challenge (had to write it like that as a friendly warning for the pathetic lifeforms we all meet in "those planes" every now and then...).

The screenshot below is from the battle. We lost btw.

Mainly because the enemy had 2 specced XP-55's w. some competent players plus the IL-2 player who actually is able to read a goddamned map...

My Venom is unspecced btw.

Spoiler

Edited by maxram68, 28 October 2021 - 06:34 PM.

Bring back the old Stalingrad (aka. Eastern Front) map!

apartclassic #9 Posted 28 October 2021 - 07:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 31361 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

Specced Venom is a fair match for Spit I. Unfortunately it's horribly slow, and altitude performance is not best either (as with other Brit planes). I would say it's a Spit Ia clone - same 8 Vickers MGs, similar agility (with lower speed), similar altitude. It is a good - even very good, in some circumstances - turnfighter, but it gets easily outmatched by faster (German or US) planes. I like it, I like the square looks it has, the complex cockpit glazing, the surprising agility. However, Venom struggles mightily especially when bottom-tier, when things outgun/outpace/outturn it. In my opinion it's a nice plane to have and to relax in sometimes, but it's not a solid carry plane by no means. If you get a low/mid tier central airfield furball, it performs well. If you get a bigger map with higher tier, it pains to be in this one. In any case however it keeps the looks:

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

how ever thanks wery match

you will teachern me how to play? god bless me

seriös and respecktfull

wack007 #10 Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2492 battles
I've flown it quite a bit on NA.
Great plane when it's upper tier, absolute turd when you're lower tier and especially on large maps.

GonerNL #11 Posted 28 October 2021 - 09:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16214 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 28 October 2021 - 01:50 PM, said:

I have to wonder if the Venom comes with that badas* biker looking matt black perma-camo featured in the linked webpage image? 

yep, this one with the emblem :

they used it for a previous Halloween event

I've got another skin also with 5% exp, can't remember the occasion

Horcan #12 Posted 29 October 2021 - 12:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9257 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
I know i won the Venom for Halloween in 2018, and it was also given away by Eekeeboo on stream with the same ocasion as a code for some fun events in training room. Since i already had it i gave it to a friend, i guess we can both get the compensation now :)
Retired from this censored BS forum

TheNobleQ #13 Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 26136 battles
APartClassic nailed it, but if you want pretty pictures (unfortunately, my ugly mug as well) then...

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:58 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 9108 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTheNobleQ, on 03 November 2021 - 12:05 PM, said:

APartClassic nailed it, but if you want pretty pictures (unfortunately, my ugly mug as well) then...

"Nail it" did he?

Watch your vid hmmm... you mean us the "I don't bother with their posts, but I can easily imagine the responses, born of sheer envy, from our resident monoganglian poster and the weak minded."

Yes allow this monoganglian to take a look.

Noob setup. You outline the aircrafts failings as being slow yet you do nothing to remedy this. Instead of running with an engine repair, though very useful, I would recommend an Engine Cooling consumable. The top boost speed is actually pretty decent on this aircraft and so having 10 seconds along with an addition 5 seconds at full throttle generally gets this slow fighter to where you need to go quickly before you will run out of boost.

Reinforced skin in the second airframe slot. No, just... no. The aircraft is already slow enough without needlessly gimping it even more by making it slower. While I agree a hit to maneuverability is never a good move for a light fighter who's Ace card is it's ability to out-maneuver other aircraft, a sensibly calibrated ultimate spec Polished Skin for a minimal hit to maneuvering is still the way to go, or else nothing at all. Personally I would run it with a carefully calibrated Experimental Polished Skin but can appreciate not all players have that but either way, certainly don't make this aircraft slower. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users