Coming Storm

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 16 November 2021 - 12:07 PM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Complete missions on your favorite American multirole fighters and grab all the well-deserved rewards!

Full news text

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 16 November 2021 - 12:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

If it's an American Multirole event based on the F-84F line, why does Part 3 require the use of the T8-T10 Light Fighter line? Surely just a mistake.

C_R_E_E_P_Y #3 Posted 16 November 2021 - 12:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14425 battles

WoWP is doing an event about it's most unpopular line? Interesting! :B

May I suggest to change the Coming Storm part III mission to cause 500 k damage to ground targets instead of the 100 k damage to aerial targets, also why is the tier 8-9-10 of the Mustang line mixed into this event instead of the continuation of the Republic line?

Edited by C_R_E_E_P_Y, 16 November 2021 - 12:44 PM.

blindfoId #4 Posted 16 November 2021 - 01:02 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 16 November 2021 - 03:39 PM, said:

If it's an American Multirole event based on the F-84F line, why does Part 3 require the use of the T8-T10 Light Fighter line? Surely just a mistake.

View PostC_R_E_E_P_Y, on 16 November 2021 - 03:42 PM, said:

WoWP is doing an event about it's most unpopular line? Interesting! :B

May I suggest to change the Coming Storm part III mission to cause 500 k damage to ground targets instead of the 100 k damage to aerial targets, also why is the tier 8-9-10 of the Mustang line mixed into this event instead of the continuation of the Republic line?

We'll fix it, thank you for the notice :honoring:

elias_the_great #5 Posted 16 November 2021 - 01:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3609 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12
100k aircraft damage with the worst dps line in the game. Who thought that was a good idea... I guess the period 3 mission is wrong as well (it says we have to use the Sabres in order to participate).

andrew3142 #6 Posted 16 November 2021 - 01:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14187 battles

On the plus side...this line represents almost all the Tech Tree Aircraft that I don't have so I can take advantage of the discounts

On the minus side...there is a reason why this line represents almost all the Tech Tree Aircraft that I don't have!

(And the credits really aren't an issue)

apartclassic #7 Posted 16 November 2021 - 02:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 31361 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC
Most players seriously underestimate this line. It's not bad at all, not in the least. First and foremost though, they are quintessential multi-roles. They are not meant for aerial combat (though they can do it pretty well). If you people try to mix it up with Messers and Spits (the types, the lines), you will lose. However - unlike Soviet/Russian counterparts - Republic line has speed, lots of speed; it has decent altitude; it is more agile than other MRFs; it has tons of ordnance. True, Liberty Cals appear to be a joke on tiers where quad 20mm (or more) is considered standard. The planes are so effective in the way they fly, those M2's can shred things, because you are both able to catch up with targets and stay on targets. On maps with garrisons Republicans (hehehe) can keep up with and outcap bombers. Don't diss the plane just because you don't like (or don't know how to) the way it operates. Also, Tiny Tims are the cherries on top of this apple pie cake, and they are a joy to use.

Edited by apartclassic, 16 November 2021 - 05:42 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

how ever thanks wery match

you will teachern me how to play? god bless me

seriös and respecktfull

andrew3142 #8 Posted 16 November 2021 - 02:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14187 battles

I stand corrected :)

Although I’m not Classic so by Monday I’ll probably be uninstalling the game! :hiding:

pittrivers #9 Posted 16 November 2021 - 03:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 9686 battles
Favourite, American, Multirole...... Hmmmmmmm, no, dont think i have or want one

Edited by pittrivers, 16 November 2021 - 03:36 PM.

Renwor #10 Posted 16 November 2021 - 06:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3636 battles

This was stupid comment by me. Now deleted.

I was looking at Republic line only.

But there is  Brewster and Corsairs, so yeah, I can do that.

Edited by Renwor, 16 November 2021 - 06:12 PM.

wack007 #11 Posted 16 November 2021 - 10:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2467 battles
I only need to gain about 20k xp to unlock the F-84F.
Great opportunity to buy my first T.X over here with a nice discount :)

Merkwuerdigliebe #12 Posted 17 November 2021 - 12:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9991 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

Still wonder what Republic did to WG to deserve such a treatment. 

The whole line is quite UP (considering the meta) and about capping sectors while avoiding aerial fight with almost all other MRFs and ALL light fighters in the game (P47B and others can be deadly if you can exploit certain scenarios, but engaging other MRFs or LFs is definitely not their cup of tea).

Still, WG is giving us a task which is all about downing planes, not counting defence bots. In low tiers you have to kill planes while attacking sectors. Why not kill planes while attacking bases, while sipping coffee AND with a hand tied behind your back?

Isn't it enough of a challenge to fly these planes properly in game?

If this event is about pushing people to play the Republic line... good luck to Republic planes' newbies.

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 17 November 2021 - 12:46 PM.

apartclassic #13 Posted 17 November 2021 - 03:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 31361 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View PostMerkwuerdigliebe, on 17 November 2021 - 12:44 PM, said:

Still wonder what Republic did to WG to deserve such a treatment. 

The whole line is quite UP (considering the meta) and about capping sectors while avoiding aerial fight with almost all other MRFs and ALL light fighters in the game (P47B and others can be deadly if you can exploit certain scenarios, but engaging other MRFs or LFs is definitely not their cup of tea).

Still, WG is giving us a task which is all about downing planes, not counting defence bots. In low tiers you have to kill planes while attacking sectors. Why not kill planes while attacking bases, while sipping coffee AND with a hand tied behind your back?

Isn't it enough of a challenge to fly these planes properly in game?

If this event is about pushing people to play the Republic line... good luck to Republic planes' newbies.

Now this is a very good point. Air-to-air combat in Republicans is really challenging, giving that as task is.... tough...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

how ever thanks wery match

you will teachern me how to play? god bless me

seriös and respecktfull

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 17 November 2021 - 07:32 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 9106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

The winning of battles in this game centers around either killing aircraft quickly and reliably or destroying ground targets quickly and reliably. Being excellent at doing either A or B is what makes an aircraft strong in this game. This is where most multi's fail sadly. While a multi can do both jobs I'd best describe a multi as having the ability to do both jobs badly.

There are gems within this class obviously and I do have my favorites in a small collection but they tend to either posses the ability to turn like a light fighter, or AA rockets, or heavy fighter like speed, or heavy fighter like DPS out the front, certainly not traits typical to most all the other multi's.

If you want some genuinely good multiroles that tick the boxes in regards being pretty strong at both killing airplanes and destroying ground targets, then for P2 it's the Beaufighter and at P3 it's the P.1056. P1 actually has plenty of good genuine multiroles but the only reason they're good is because they can actually turn as good as a light fighter or in some bi-plane era's turn even better. 

As it happens I did grind some of this featured US line a while back and found the T5 XP-44 Rocket stood out as a surprisingly fun and relatively effective multi, and I kept it actually. Not great altitude and mediocre/poor turning times but it does have the same strong 6 machine gun firepower as the likeable P-40 which is actually good DPS for a T5, enough to quickly tickle another aircraft to death and it's fast. The real fun comes from the 2X500lb nukes it somehow manages to carry which have a really big bang, reload fast at 60 seconds and are particularly fun for trolling GAA players by dropping them on their head while they're busy straight-lining a ground target lol.

Once specialized actually unlocks a bomb equipment slot so can have its reload times reduced to an amazingly good 42 seconds BUT, in doing so totally gimps it's speed. Having a fast speed is the only real sort of defense against turn fighters and so by gimping it only makes it extremely vulnerable. This is actually a problem I have never been able to satisfactorily remedy with a multirole that has a bomb slot at ANY tier. Slowing the aircraft for a faster ordnance reload is unacceptable in many ways for reasons mentioned(plus I hate slow aircraft anyway) yet the gains for having fast reloading ordnance almost force the decision. The other bomb slot equipment only serve to increase reload times which is also unacceptable for the small gains to be found in doing so... and in the end it seems leaving the slot empty is sadly the better choice, which is ALSO unacceptable lol. Anyway, this particular T5 multi is a Gabreski candidate but for it to thrive it really does need a large map with 5 sectors and basically avoid busy sectors with lots of enemy aircraft due to it's air combat limitations. Sadly, a lot of mid-tier battles are on small maps with just 3 sectors, and this is a rough ride for this warbird as you can imagine with such close quarters fighting between lots of aircraft that can turn better or fly faster or hit harder etc. Nah, pure situational fun. One battle it's a Gabreski and the next it's a your asz served so... if you can take the bad with the good, try it.  

Edited by TungstenHitman, 17 November 2021 - 07:40 PM.

houghtonbee #15 Posted 17 November 2021 - 09:20 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10387 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
The Beau and P1056 are both HFs :)

ClassicFrog #16 Posted 17 November 2021 - 10:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4003 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 17 November 2021 - 09:20 PM, said:

The Beau and P1056 are both HFs :)

That was the point, wasn't it? They're HF's, and yet they're better at multirolling than many (most/almost all?) dedicated MR's from their respective tiers.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 18 November 2021 - 10:47 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 9106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

The Fw 190 A-5 is extremely underrated.

Of course, playing a multi or indeed most all aircraft at T5-T6 and even plenty of T7 became immediately less fun and almost ignored since the arrival of the XP-54 just to backup the already annoying Ki-102 and Me 410. 

Merkwuerdigliebe #18 Posted 18 November 2021 - 11:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9991 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

A-5 has been my first "personal" plane. The one i felt to be "my precious", before i reached Ta152 and the Mossie.

I think i got my first Gorovets medal in it, for those who are in the game since the stone age.

Edited by Merkwuerdigliebe, 18 November 2021 - 11:44 AM.

Ykazumi #19 Posted 18 November 2021 - 01:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 24670 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

If situation and need are allowing, I´d dash to the central combat area, killing one LF in sworm,flying straight at a high speed climbing to safety before they catch the tail of P47B. Probably some of my humble experiences I have had were,it could kill mightier Fw190A -8 vis-a-vis, destroyed T7 B-32,shredded a squadron of all 5 bots bombers without suffering any serious damages to itself. Will be in for quite tough,difficult battles in general for the Thunderbolt. Am on the way to quit from the Storm Coming mission almost.

cheers,

Edited by Ykazumi, 18 November 2021 - 07:03 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users