November Trials

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #21 Posted 21 November 2021 - 12:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Ya the T4+T5 aircraft are spam bomber missions and that's what I've done as soon as I discovered the capture points counted towards the T4 only came via destroyed ground targets.

For me this is fine because the weather was bad yesterday and so I could spam the RB-17 over and over again, grind credits, relax, average a high sector cap figure per battle while also watching a documentary on my smartphone and not even really looking the game much lol.(Bombers have high skill requirements!!).

Already have the Russian Airacobra. Of course I would really like the US version which appears to be just straight up better BUT, I can get over it too and not wreck my eyes chasing around after enemy aircraft for lots of battles. Certainly I could not watch documentaries, rugby matches, F1 AND dogfight at the same time, but with bombers it's no problem. 

Mournfull #22 Posted 21 November 2021 - 12:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 22124 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTheNobleQ, on 21 November 2021 - 11:47 AM, said:

They are in theory.  In practice you'll need to fly aircraft with good ordnance if you want to destroy ground targets, destroy enemy aircraft and capture sectors in each battle.  That implies a limited selection of the heavies or multiroles.

I wish there was an American bomber that can do this!

Xzanman #23 Posted 21 November 2021 - 04:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9708 battles

View PostMournfull, on 21 November 2021 - 12:04 PM, said:

I wish there was an American bomber that can do this!

:teethhappy:

TheNobleQ #24 Posted 21 November 2021 - 08:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 26114 battles
Yes, but proper players don't fly bombers.

blindfoId #25 Posted 22 November 2021 - 11:34 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostTheNobleQ, on 21 November 2021 - 02:47 PM, said:

They are in theory.  In practice you'll need to fly aircraft with good ordnance if you want to destroy ground targets, destroy enemy aircraft and capture sectors in each battle.  That implies a limited selection of the heavies or multiroles.

They are simultaneous technically :) Which means that you don't need to complete the first mission to receive an access to the second one. 

DziaboL #26 Posted 22 November 2021 - 12:52 PM

Airman Basic

• 12046 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-

View PostTheNobleQ, on 21 November 2021 - 08:43 PM, said:

Yes, but proper players don't fly bombers.

Your wisdom is a mystery to me ... 

Renwor #27 Posted 25 November 2021 - 10:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3636 battles

View PostDziaboL, on 22 November 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

Your wisdom is a mystery to me ... 

Hahaha ... I think i undestand both of you :)   

As Tungsten said, first two are bomber missions. I am abysmal bomber and my bomber fleet reflects that.  B-17 D, Ju 288, A-26, SU-10 - yep, that an outlier but thats some mission reward.

I consider myself decent GAA guy, so I tried GAA first, never before paid that much attention to capture points.

Conclusion:  In decent battle I do some 200 caps in IL-40, not that I could not do more, but usually bombers wipe all the targets before I can.

In lowly B-17D with green crew and terrible me I can do 130 caps in one pass over factory or missile base. Only that B-17D is sitting duck , but still,  to do less than 200caps in a battle is utter failure.

But it is sooo booooring.

TungstenHitman #28 Posted 25 November 2021 - 02:51 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 9106 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

You certainly don't have to play bombers to complete the first two missions. I said that more in response Mr Grumpy Pants stating that "proper players don't fly bombers" with his wealth of "hard earned" wisdom and maturity, failing to notice that the only mission that might lean towards using a bomber is the first mission that's rewarded with a GAA which surely "proper players" like himself wouldn't fly anyway so shouldn't care about it... right? lol!

Personally, with the time I have available(and interest to play) the most logical, easiest, fastest and laziest path to complete at least two of these missions within the timeframe without breaking a sweat is to use higher tier bombers.

You could certainly do the first couple of missions with GAA's and obviously the higher the tier the better given the typically higher availability of sectors on offer, usually 5, plus higher tier GAA's are usually faster and much stronger than mid and lower tier versions which tend to be slow and dull. I would tend to average more sector flips with bombers though, but that's just me.

But to all players, if like me you don't have a lot of time to allocate to this game and these missions, then also focus on the missions for the aircraft you actually want the most or the missions you'll most likely complete with the limited available time you have and take the path of least resistance to complete them. I'm sure just like me, you really don't give a flying corpse about what some grumpy old guy wearing a blue baseball hat sitting in his shed thinks about it. 

LordV5 #29 Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10099 battles
A few batlles daily, now i am at 3/4 in all 3 missions. Fine, easy , light no grind 3 free planes (some golds). Again must say THX WG, this is fine, who like this game and play game daily, must do all missions without any problems. I can take break for a week and nothing happen, fine. Only MMs are for me more "magical". Dont need give here screens but fly alone vs 4 or 5 top configs with squads and tier up, not gg not fun, this  "peeeeep"... is deadly. MM is long time broken we know this all , but if more players play game, this fatal part of MM is digusting / disgusting... same feeling .. and if you catch 3 or 4 in line.... pfffff happen to me from 4 days in two of them ... pls make some repairs in rules of start game like some tiers in squad and better same Config on same roles... becase i am not interesting and dont care if someone need win..(i reveal this condition).. understand ??? Not care.. ( i see this abnormal nonsense in games daily... same like bots... i am not blind... sometimes i got him with "one heating" gun , sometimes half minute and still do 5% of dmg... again total disgusting - no conection problems.. point for you,... but still )

Mournfull #30 Posted 25 November 2021 - 10:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 22124 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTungstenHitman, on 25 November 2021 - 02:51 PM, said:

You certainly don't have to play bombers to complete the first two missions. I said that more in response Mr Grumpy Pants stating that "proper players don't fly bombers" with his wealth of "hard earned" wisdom and maturity, failing to notice that the only mission that might lean towards using a bomber is the first mission that's rewarded with a GAA which surely "proper players" like himself wouldn't fly anyway so shouldn't care about it... right? lol!

Personally, with the time I have available(and interest to play) the most logical, easiest, fastest and laziest path to complete at least two of these missions within the timeframe without breaking a sweat is to use higher tier bombers.

You could certainly do the first couple of missions with GAA's and obviously the higher the tier the better given the typically higher availability of sectors on offer, usually 5, plus higher tier GAA's are usually faster and much stronger than mid and lower tier versions which tend to be slow and dull. I would tend to average more sector flips with bombers though, but that's just me.

But to all players, if like me you don't have a lot of time to allocate to this game and these missions, then also focus on the missions for the aircraft you actually want the most or the missions you'll most likely complete with the limited available time you have and take the path of least resistance to complete them. I'm sure just like me, you really don't give a flying corpse about what some grumpy old guy wearing a blue baseball hat sitting in his shed thinks about it. 

Mr Grumpy Pants stating that "proper players don't fly bombers" was in fact in a B17 the other day.

I suppose that since it's not an OP bomber that doesn't count lol!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users