AR.80

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

ColdHeat #1 Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 35 battles
Thanks to the new easy accessability of the stats, you can easily see in direct comparison that the AR.80 is by far the worst Tier III fighter plane - when everything is maxed out.

The comparison to the Hawk75 shows this most drastically as it is better in EVERY aspect than the Ar.80, most noteably firepower.

In comparison to the I-16, the I-16 is better in every aspect but hitpoints (-20) and topspeed (-12) - which is made up by the fact, that the IS-16 has 100(!) points more firepower + rockets and all the other more slightly advantages.

The F3F is without a doubt the king of the manoeverability in this tier, able to easily outturn every other plane and turns twice as fast as the Ar.80. In every other aspect, the F3F is equal or better as the AR.80 BUT speed, as the F3F is overall 30km/h slower, yet on low altitudes even faster again as the AR.80.

To sum it up: The Ar.80 needs some love.

Without a doubt the skill of a pilot makes the difference and you can have your victories in this plane BUT in an ideal situation, the planes of a game at equal tiers shouldn't have one that is clearly the worst amongst all of them. Every plane shall have it's pro's and con's which when summed up, make every plane equal so the pilot makes the real difference. In the current situation, if you have two pilots that are perfectly equal, the one in the Hawk75 will always have the advantage over the one who is in the AR.80 which is preposterous for a game in my humble opinion.

commander_luna #2 Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [READ] READ
The AR.80 is ok but i have to agree very undergunned without the weapons upgrade, 2x 7.62 machine guns bareley scratches fighters let alone larger airframes such as the FW.57 i am yet to get the weapons upgrade for it, but seeing as i already know how dangerous 20mm's are with my heavy fighters I would imagine it makes the aircraft much more bearable, turning seems ok, speed maybe not so, i have the top teir frame and engine already and it seems a little sluggish
Roll out Taxi Out:Smile_izmena:

MasterTanker90 #3 Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

No way, im annoying orrange.

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hidden sections?

Need help? PM me at any time you want!

ColdHeat #4 Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 35 battles
What could be hidden?