World of Warplanes vs. War Thunder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
698 replies to this topic

tjuset71 #1 Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 14 battles
Seems to me that the competetion for this segment is moving in hard. As the War Thunder is allready in open beta, and is referred to by Facebook. Seems to me that , looking at screenshots from War Thunder that World of Warplanes is having a very able competitor.

Still waiting for beta key so looking around for options and came across War Thunder.... World of Warplanes better pick up the pace or it is my fear that the segment will allready be taken.

Thoughts anybody?

Anybody tried War Thunder and what are Your general opinions of that game? I.e. what does World of Warplanes need to do better than the competitor?

To answer partially on the last question ... playability and quick resoloution of game mechanics need to be super swift if this game is going to fly...(pun fully intended! ;-))
The Heretic may be right , but he is busy burning!

_Grim_ #2 Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 1341 battles
  • [DOGE] DOGE
I really don't see the point in comparing a game in a state of closed beta to a game in a state of open beta .Furthermore,any tester who already has experience in both,thus being able to at least provide somesort of comparison,would quickly find himself in deep trouble as it's impossible to compare game mechanics without breaking the WoWp NDA :Smile_sceptic: ...
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Pikachu_Trainer #3 Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 236 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY

View Post_Grim_, on 09 March 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I really don't see the point in comparing a game in a state of closed beta to a game in a state of open beta .Furthermore,any tester who already has experience in both,thus being able to at least provide somesort of comparison,would quickly find himself in deep trouble as it's impossible to compare game mechanics without breaking the WoWp NDA :Smile_sceptic: ...
I actually you can compare a game in Closed beta and a Game in Open Beta by not revealing any information hence without breaking the NDA

That aside their both really good games with different styles and with high chances of them both changing and evolving just like World of Tanks has

If you read this message, can you please change my member title to "Pokémon Master" :great:

Keyne #4 Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3835 battles
  • [DOGE] DOGE
and the next blabla tthread... :facepalm_wowp:

Edited by Keyne, 09 March 2013 - 10:10 PM.

heb nicht ab vom acker ohne deinen tacker

Sig by Necro

Death from Above Member

SubermarineSpitfire05 #5 Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
war thunder is more of a IRL WW2 flight simulator (which i hate) and WoWP is more of an arcade style WW2 flight simulator
'History is made by victors'- Sir Winston Churchill

It's not the plane you fly but the pilot behind the controlls that counts.

Per ardua ad astra!

Tank_Killer1 #6 Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 11 battles
  • [UNICA] UNICA

View PostSubermarineSpitfire05, on 09 March 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

war thunder is more of a IRL WW2 flight simulator (which i hate) and WoWP is more of an arcade style WW2 flight simulator

Exactly Warthunder doesn't balance it's planes around tiers because they want their planes to fly like their historical counterparts.

alex045099 #7 Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [761ST] 761ST
The graphics from WoWP are much better.And the physics too.Look at War Thunder:Planes turn like cars :facepalm_wowp: .Wargaming is the best.The only thing I wish in WoWP is landing...

RichardW98 #8 Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_S_C] K_S_C
i think war thunder is better, better game mods, and the graphics is still good, Im not really sure why, but i hate the concept of hitpoints by flying planes, I stop playing WoWP, War Thunder is more tactical, but who likes arcade games, i think WoWP is the better one

ellemann357 #9 Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TROII] TROII
lol... WarThunder is by far a much better flight sim - both as an arcade shooter, or as a sim. Gaijin's got years of experience in developing flight sims, ofcourse they have have an edge on WoWP in this case. If wargaming doesnt pick up the pace in putting more efforts in the WoWP and WS development, large quantities of the player base is gonna give them the slip.

Sarfael #10 Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7 battles
  • [3SSS] 3SSS
It's simple. Scale 0-10.
War Thunder - 8
World of Warplanes - 3

Kazadar #11 Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 629 battles
I ike WoWP better than WT but both games got good and bad points. Guess you have to try both to find the one you like best.

ATOMICxIRISH #12 Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [_404_] _404_
is it wrong to say I play both?

PC-9m FTW

shinobi_ki #13 Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Airman Basic

• 128 battles
  • [E_S_W] E_S_W
i have had nothing of problems trying to get into war thunder went back to Ie 9 reset all ut still cant play it top off range lap top so will be pleased to play planes on same account as my tank game

shinobi_ki #14 Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Airman Basic

• 128 battles
  • [E_S_W] E_S_W
spent 3 days trying to get into this game rest every thing but stil, wont let me play arse

jeff_peters #15 Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Wicked

• Alpha Tester
  • 5345 battles
  • [DOGE] DOGE

View PostATOMICxIRISH, on 11 March 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

is it wrong to say I play both?

It's not. But some people apparently cannot fathom the notion of playing more than one game.

DfA cannon fodder

mikosurnit #16 Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
i seen both games but its not accurate as they're not in same process :Smile_sad: :

wowp is in closed beta :Smile_unsure:

wt is in open beta :Smile_unsure:

this means that wt has an advantage which makes people like wt more as its more developed and if wowp and wt were open beta then the battle would be fierce :Smile_playing:

want to play wowp closed beta now get ur key here
http://uk.gamespot.c..._beta_giveaway/
i found this link at a hidden forum page made by content wizards dont lie moderators am just helping give desperate players to finally play wowp

wotHeka #17 Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 4 battles
  • [RRC] RRC
Maybe just maybe there will be an announcement that the development of WoWp will be stopped. The fact is that WarThunder has already won the competition against WoWp. This is a fact.

What WG should do is  to put all development power now towards WOT and make huge improvements into WOT. Unless WOT is not developed with major improvements so WarThunder will also take over WOT. WOT needs new game engine, better graphics, much larger and totally new maps, new game modes, redesigned match making etc.

So I hope that WoWp will be skipped and all energy and development power to WOT.
:Smile_sceptic: WORKING AS INTENDED :Smile_trollface:

MXDoener #18 Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Crackin´ Sidewalks since 2012

• Alpha Tester
  • 1280 battles

View PostKolobanof, on 14 March 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

Maybe just maybe there will be an announcement that the development of WoWp will be stopped. The fact is that WarThunder has already won the competition against WoWp. This is a fact.

What WG should do is  to put all development power now towards WOT and make huge improvements into WOT. Unless WOT is not developed with major improvements so WarThunder will also take over WOT. WOT needs new game engine, better graphics, much larger and totally new maps, new game modes, redesigned match making etc.

So I hope that WoWp will be skipped and all energy and development power to WOT.

I haven´t read so much Bullsh*t packed into a short post in a long time.... Way to go! :teethhappy:
Are both games released yet and have a comparable playerbase? No? So, where is your pretty fact now, precious? :sceptic:

And I don´t write anything regarding the WOT/WoWp Stuff.... let a mod explain that to you :eyesup:

WG...fixing stuff that isn´t broken since 2011! :trollface:

mikosurnit #19 Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
we can help wowp win by playing the game as it helps mods improve so it aint too late. i like wowp better. if u disagree then talk to my plane engines  :trollface:

want to play wowp closed beta now get ur key here
http://uk.gamespot.c..._beta_giveaway/
i found this link at a hidden forum page made by content wizards dont lie moderators am just helping give desperate players to finally play wowp

MolochZ #20 Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [CRM] CRM
You mean there are people on here that haven't played War Thunder? Crazy.....try it guys.